It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Wants to Feed You Bug Paste and Lab Meat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Bill Gates has great plans for you and your kids’ future diets. From bug paste to lab meat, Gates has big ideas regarding the scrumptious fare he and the other elites will allow you to eat.

All That’s Bugs, a Bill and Melinda Gates founded project, wants poor kids to eat a paste composed of crickets (after all, Africans already eat crickets) fly larva and mealworms.
The project’s founder even mentioned delicious alternatives for the paste such as fly larva sausage, and said that with enough spices, the sausage is almost palatable.

Now that Bill Gates is the biggest owner of farmland in the US, I’m sure his wonderful future vision is closer to reality than ever. What if he decides just to keep all that land barren?

I definitely trust our food source to come from the guy who wants to feed poor kids bugs and the rest of us fatties plant food.

I’m sure this will all end well

childrenshealthdefense.org...
cdr-capital.com...
allthingsbugs.com...#:~:text=Company%20Gets%20Grant%20to%20Develo p%20Food%20Based%20on%20Insects%20to%20Fight%20Malnutrition,-Home&text=All%20Things%20Bugs%20said%20that,in%20food%2C%20farm%20and%20pharma.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
At least someone is trying to help end world hunger, hell in another hundred years I am sure people everywhere will be crying for any kind of food. Kudos to him for trying.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sakrateri

So do you agree with Bill--that poor kids should eat maggot sausage?
edit on 18-2-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Bill can go first on this one.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Exactly. If he wants to eat that dreck, I won't stop him.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The real question is, would poor kids prefer to eat maggot sausage to nothing?

"Sounds icky" is a perfect example of a first world problem.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

He could invest in any food source, but he picks maggot sausage.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Not too surprising. He’s also the guy that invented Microsoft Office. Six of one, half a dozen the other.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You went straight to the icky factor and how his position might affect you.

Maybe that food source is the most efficient and available now. Your title mentioned lab meat but the article linked hints at it being researched.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You forgot that he's a big investor in both plant-based synthetic meat companies and a third one that uses a fungus they discovered in a Yellowstone geyser to create things like yogurt and sausage.

Of course, when I think fungus-based yogurt, I can't help but think of that old movie The Stuff.

And in the Cyberpunk universe which is dark, dystopian and thoroughly corporatized, most people eat synthetic food stuffs made out of either kibble (yes, kibble like cats or dogs, but in many flavors) or synthesized fake meat called scop.

edit on 18-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Bill Gates has amassed gross amounts of wealth and feels somehow that gives him the right to drive the future path of the entire planet.

He is a plutocrat.

Go ahead and eat maggot sausage if you want. I'm not participating.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More disgusting food when the planet is full of delicious alternatives. I wonder if Bill samples all of his wares?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
His wealth is neither here nor there.

I don't need to eat maggot sausage and you don't either so the only opinion that matters is that of those in need. It makes no difference to you so why do you want to get all SJW and act like it does?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Haha,
zinger with that SJW, huh?
I have no problem "fighting" (not trying to incite violence here, to be clear to those who take every word literally when it suits them) for our future though.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: zosimov

Not too surprising. He’s also the guy that invented Microsoft Office. Six of one, half a dozen the other.

Yea it was kinda maggot sausageware....

Op:

Anyway, Gates vision for the future is scary AF.

He can get his eugenics vax while eating a maggot sandwich....

Sounds about right...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And there are people right now who would be thankful for a maggot sausage. Why do you have a problem with them getting one?

edit on 18-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Lol, always this type of twisted appeal to pathos with you guys.
Go ahead and defend developing maggot sausage when they could provide just about any other food instead.

I wouldn't be caught dead defending an elitist who no doubt gorges on only the best fare and wants to give poor kids bugs.

"Let them eat bugs"
edit on 18-2-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How about donate 100 billion for land and efficient farming operations

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
How about donate 100 billion for land and efficient farming operations

If he were truly philanthropic, it would seem there would be any number of alternatives to the artificial and buggy menu these people are proposing.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile, my goal is to continue carving out new garden space in my back yard and working on producing as much healthy organic food as possible and hopefully putting out a table with spare food for neighbors.

I think we should all be moving toward more independence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join