It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech Gun Company CZ Acquires Colt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
CZ makes some interesting pistols and other fire arms. When I came across this article it surprised me as I had no idea Colt could be sold or bought for such a small sum. Colt was founded in 1855 by Samuel Colt and has been a mainstay for quality manufacturing in many peoples minds for a long time. An era has passed and I suppose in the current political climate it was a good time to sell.....

Česká Zbrojovka Group SE has acquired Colt for $220 million, acquiring a 100% holding of the American gunsmith. Colt is famed as one of the first major manufacturers of AR-15 and M-16 rifles, with the company equipping military service members in Vietnam and subsequent wars. Vietnam veterans in large part were among the first Americans to buy AR-15 rifles as civilians, having become familiar with the family of rifles in the southeast Asia conflict.

Colt had declined in prominence in the American firearms market for one primary reason- they stopped making AR-15s. Colt AR-15’s remain some of the most highly sought rifles by American gun collectors, but the company ceased manufacturing new ones for civilians in 2019, making them for law enforcement and the military only. Many had speculated that Colt made the decision in response to criticism from the gun control lobby.

bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
bigleaguepolitics.com...

Last week, reports surfaced about White House officials meeting up with a number of gun control groups in order to plan out how to introduce anti-Second Amendment legislation.

Democrats have a solid trifecta in D.C., which theoretically puts them much closer to passing gun control legislation than in years past.

According to the White House, President Joe Biden is “personally committed” to acting on an issue that has eluded Democrats in previous administrations. Several of the legislative items that Biden is looking to spearhead include an assault weapons ban, a high-capacity magazine ban, and universal background checks. The gun control groups who were present at this White House meeting included Brady, Giffords, Everytown for Gun Safety, and Moms Demand Action.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

but the company ceased manufacturing new ones for civilians in 2019, making them for law enforcement and the military only. Many had speculated that Colt made the decision in response to criticism from the gun control lobby.

Yea, probably had nothing to do with their decline /sarc

Also, CZ makes some pretty good stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Don't know what was going on there with Colt. All of their product lines were incredibly overpriced ... no bang for the buck. That's why their sales were geared towards tax-payer dollars. I laffed at their attempt to restore interest in the Python. Talk about a last gasp.

I wonder if CZ is simply gonna move all the heavy equipment over to Europe.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

CZ makes some great rifles too. I hate to see Colt go out of the US for ownership, but they certainly did the damage to themselves. A Colt AR is more valuable than a clone, but clones shoot the same as a colt. So while it's sad, I guess it's the way of progress. I'm still waiting on my chance to get a blued colt 1911 with wood grips, as they were issued for many years.
I just have to convince my wife that one more gun won't hurt. She feels differently than I do about one more. Perhaps if I bought it for her?......

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Shame- cashing out before the government regulates them to death, after more than 155 years in business with what used to be a household made-in-america name.

I hope we don't start seeing more of this.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Damn shame. Another American company folding to political pressure. I guess on the bright side, if I ever decide to sell it, I have a Series 70 Colt Combat Commander .38 Super that currently goes for $1400 to $1600 and that'll go up.
My Dad bought in about 1975 and when he died, I inherited it. Tack driver and I've never had a problem with it.

The only down side is, even before the ammo shortage, good ammo is about $30 a box of 50.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I thought the same.
The price was just to high considering there are so many less expensive option for the same firepower

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I thought the same.
The price was just too high considering there are so many less expensive option for the same firepower

Don't get me wrong, if you've got a nostalgia itch like David64 or Network Dude ... I understand ... perfectly.

My dad had a .44 Python. It was one of the pieces that 'went missing' before I showed up for the funeral. Would've been nice. And, I'll stop right there before meanness wells up in me again.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My only pony is a Colt New Agent in 9mm. Discontinued with the 2011 Centennial on the slide so it should be worth a nickel or two.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am thinking that I should invest in a milling machine and lathe.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I stopped caring about Colt when they decided to jack up their prices for run-of-the-mill firearms as if their name was a good enough reason. I'm not knocking their rifles. They work, but there was no way I would pay those prices when I could pay just a bit more and get better parts and customer service.

I do like CZ though, so I'm interested in seeing what they do with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am thinking that I should invest in a milling machine and lathe.

Dooo eeeeet.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The equation here is simple. Figure out how many guns will lead to divorce then simply minus one.

Everyone is a winner.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I swear I thought you wrote milking machine.. lol.a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
I swear I thought you wrote milking machine.. lol.a reply to: butcherguy

Hell, I might wish that I bought one of them too.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
than finally the armalite of Eugene Stoner is coming home to europe !
the mother of the M15/16 ..the AR 10 cal.7.62 was produced in holland :-)

edit on 18-2-2021 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join