It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have been informed of machine guns that can fire up to a 1000 rounds per second. Is this possible?

Patents put up by people are immediately removed by the US governments, on any type of gun improvement.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I found some live video footage of guns firing at a rate 240,000rpm, which would be equivalent to 4000 rounds per sec.

live video footage, scroll down to Wide Bay Range - 40mm Pod (RADS) at 240,000rpm #3

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah, but those are all out of several barrels. The A-10s gatling gun can fire at two rates, either 2100 rpm or 4200 rpm... As for a single barrel gun, I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You may be thinking about Metal Storm, an Australian company that provides a gun capable of firing up to a million rounds per minute (although out of more than a single barrel). Here's the website:

www.metalstorm.com...

Interestingly enough, the former CEO of Metal Storm, Chuck Vehlow, was the Director of Program Management at McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company before it merged with Boeing, and I reported to him (separated by several layers of management, of course).

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

top topics

join