It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers may have found a new Habitable Zone Planet right next door

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

Aye your all right there buddy.

Sound don't propagate to well in a near vacuum.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: rickymouse
Isn't that the planet the Robinsons went to but failed because the greedy deceiving doctor screwed everything up?

Please excuse me while I go totally off topic and geek out.

Doctor Smith in the pilot episode was a spy sent to sabotage the Jupiter 2. He did accomplish his mission, unfortunately he was trapped on the Jupiter 2 when it launched. In the early episodes, he was a very smart and cunning villain. He reprogrammed the B-2 robot to follow only his commands. He considered taking over the ship or killing the Robinsons, but realized he needed them if he was to get back to Earth. He was a good villain, so to speak.

But around that time, Batman became very popular. Camp was in. Lost in Space went camp.

In one episode, Doctor Smith exposits something to the effect, "Maybe my best strategy is to act like a cowardly buffoon. That way, they won't see me as a threat until it's too late." After that, we see the cowardly hypochondriac that we all came to know and love. The smart mean guy never returned.

Kudos to Johnathan Harris for being able to play the same role two entirely different ways and doing a superb job on both. That is real acting talent, ladies and gentlemen.

I can certainly understand if this post is deleted for being off topic. But I feel that no one is completely dead as long as someone remembers them. Even if they never existed.

And that's what geeking out is all about.

Harris did a great job acting in that show, I wonder if people related him to the part he played in real life?

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: andy06shake
On a planet that is four times the mass of the Earth, and has four times the radius, gravitational force will become four times greater.

So there it is...super high speed, traction and downforce racing like F1 or Drag Racing, anything where downforce is a factor.

HOT WHEELS IN SPACE.

Bono, my tyres are gone!

I'll see myself out....

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why? Venus is right next door and we already have all the technology required to colonize it (if it isn't already just like earth like some clsim.).

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Why? Venus is right next door and we already have all the technology required to colonize it (if it isn't already just like earth like some clsim.).

Sadly anyone claiming we have technology to colonise Venus doesn't know much about Venus , it has atmospheric pressure 90 times that on earth and the highest surface temperatures in our Solar System due to its atmospheric green house effect, we don't yet have the technology to keep a lander alive for more than a few hours on Venus yet alone sustain a colony.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join