It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Free Speech Parler Comes Back Online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Pro-Free Speech Parler Comes Back Online After Big Tech Censors Took Its App, Hosting, Domain A minority of users are still not able to access the site . . .
After just over a month of downtime, Parler is now back online for the majority of users, said interim CEO Mark Meckler. Access should be available for everyone after noon EST when the servers propagate throughout the internet. Around 80% of Parler users that National File spoke to were able to access the site at the time of writing. New users will be able to join the site from next week.

LINK

I must be in the minority, because I'm not getting it yet, it's almost 1pm EST here.

I joined Gab waiting so long.
edit on 15-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

edit on 15-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added Links

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Good. They needed their own infrastructure.
Let's hope they used their billionaire funding to provide an actual opponent to AWS, or fakebook.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am still down at 1:40pm

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I got to the log in window, but no dice logging in yet. It's 2pm EST now and I got things to do, be back to see if I can get in or not later.
edit on 15-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Its luke signing up for your Star without being "motivated" by the state.

Why when its obvious nature for categorizing the unsavory has been established....would anyone consider joining it now?

Gab

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Its luke signing up for your Star without being "motivated" by the state.

Why when its obvious nature for categorizing the unsavory has been established....would anyone consider joining it now?

Gab

Solid point.

I said when they were deplatformed that it only gives them more publicity.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I won't be rejoining Parler.

It's not a free speech platform. It's a corporate GOP platform with a captive audience.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Havent looked at parler. But it comes across as just another echo chamber where one can put their head in the sand and backclap the same memes again and again. Is this wrong?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nope..That's about right.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
2:46 PM Now it's back to a technical difficulty page again!

This might take awhile.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Havent looked at parler. But it comes across as just another echo chamber where one can put their head in the sand and backclap the same memes again and again. Is this wrong?

Thats basically what I saw. It's Twitter to the opposite extreme. I dont think that is the solution.

Getting back to connected to my own community that I physically live in seemed like a better use of my efforts.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Tried it, was alright now I am moving into removing my footprint as much as possible so probably wont bother with it again.

Wish them the best taking on the established tech folks but it will be without my data.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Didn't the free speech advocate creator of Paler get kicked out?

I'm not interested in Twitter Lite.

Forums like ATS seem WAY more accepting of different points of view.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Given what they did to the further CEO, is it even worth dealing with?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
“I don’t like Parler because they allow non-leftists to voice an opinion”

“But I fully support twitter, where non-leftists are permanently banned”

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

If im online and not on ATS, im either just scrolling through Reddit and chuckling, or i am on FB interacting with people that i either know, or live int he same community as.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I love it. I wish more people just as invested (if not more) in their local communities as they are in social media.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Discussing controversial ideology and exploring taboo topics is free speech. Describing or planning the methods by which you want to commit criminal assault or damage private/federal property to intimidate the community or its leaders is not free speech. Let's just remember that distinction before diving too far down the rabbit hole.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Logged into parler but it's got nothing... 5:40pm est

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i believe they will come back on line, with a few caveats. they wont be allowed to operate with no free speech restrictions, backdoors etc. the rulers cant allow that.
edit on 15-2-2021 by daboxfan because: grammar correction

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join