It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the universe be a singularity?

page: 1

join
share:
Urn

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i was at work the other day, and started thinking about how distance doesn't seem to be a factor regarding quantum entanglement, and how the HELL this could possably be.

this got me thinking, what if space-time is folded in on itself so much, that every point in space actually occupies the same point as every other piont in space? thus making the universe infinitely large, and infinitely small at the same time.

in this scenario, distance really would be meaningless (at least in the grand sceme of things), and would really just be a sort "three-dimentional illusion"

this then got me thinking, what about black holes? what if there is more than just a froth of super condenced matter and energy in the singularity of a black hole? what if it also contains space-time that is super folded/condeced? in other words, what if there are entire universes contained WITHIN the singularities of black holes?

the more i think about it the harder it gets to articulate it in my own head let alone to other people....

bah.....gotta stop now.....my head hurts......

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Urn]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sort of a 'universe within a universe? Or 'innerverse' if you will? That sounds like a theory you should research into a little bit. I myself perscribe to the M-theory for the definition of the universe, but I'm always open to new ideas
Do a search using the two lables I gave above and you might find there are more people out there who think like you do.

Here is a link to a Metacrawler search page.

www.metacrawler.com...

Some intresting sites on that page

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
this reminds me of alien tentacles playing with universe balls in the end of men in black.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, the thing is that quantum entanglement doesn't mean that distance is irrelevant.

There are a several ways to look at these results.

1) We can only measure time duration precisely to a limit. Past that limit, everything appears to occur at the same time. Therefore, it could be that the other particle reacts with a delay that's too small to detect. The technological era of the human race has only been about 3000 years, so we could be missing a few things.

2) The particles are really one object that's subject to some kind of phase shift. Sounds ridiculous, but consider, if I have two objects connected by a electromagnetic field, I can affect both ends at the same time. An example are two magnet shavings connected by an wire. Induce electromagnetivity through the wire and both shavings react at the same time.

At what point does a collection of connections become a whole? perhaps when you only perceive one object. what this means is that the particles could easily be connected via some other force, thereby acting as one object and we're not looking at the whole picture.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Interesting theory, though if are universe is a smaller universe in a black hole, than why are there quantum singularities within each other, it seems impossible, I must admit though, this is a very interesting idea.

top topics

join