It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was no insurrection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The term “insurrection” has been used so often that one might be forgiven for believing such a crime occurred. Yet, no one arrested for the breaching of the Capitol building has been charged with any such crime. We are left to wonder, then, how a president can be impeached for inciting an insurrection long before anyone has been charged for engaging in one.

It is odd enough that a leader would incite an insurrection against the government he runs, and would do so without using any insurrectionary language whatsoever (perhaps conversing with his fellow conspirators on some unavailable frequency). But these are the threadbare rags we are left to untangle.

I have no choice but to attribute the insurrection fantasy to the same moral panic that has led us here to begin with. In the lead up to the election, and years before, they always feared some sort of coup around the 2020 election: Trump refusing to leave the Whitehouse, declaring martial law, and using the military to hold on to power. These prognostications and conspiracy theories were as unfounded as they were ludicrous, and in the end were proven false; but they no less reigned as the guiding fears for everyone from former military to nightly talk show hosts.

At any rate, we can suspect that “insurrection” is the logical conclusion for this species of thinking, especially for those who have been battling against authoritarianism and fascism in their imaginations for the past half-decade, despite none of it occurring beyond their skulls.

Let’s refuse to use such language on these grounds.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

I think it is all for political points. Dragging Trump through the mud and damaging his name is payback it seems.

They want this negative image to last.

But let's be honest, it's also to deflect from their weekend at Bernies in the oval office.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Excellent points.

How can Trump be charged with insurrection if none of the "insurrectionists" have been changed with insurrection? His speech never came close to commanding this insurrection to begin. Then with all the other crap coming out, like how long it's been planned, who knew ahead of time, why the lax security measures, etc.

These claims of insurrection are entirely blown so far out of proportion that there isn't any substance to them in the slightest.

I'll be nixing that word here on out. Think I might use the original media term "mob" or maybe "vandals" or better yet "concerned citizens".
edit on 11-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I do feel insurrection is a tad too strong of a word for what happened. I'm fine with leaving it at riot, and having congress move on to important things like handing out the dole money. But that won't happen, as those currently with the most power are still sick with extreme TDS.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah i guess that was just a peaceful protest

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Law Enforcement decided that fewer than 220 individuals, amongst the 35,000 protestors, needed to be arrested.

Far from an "insurrection". And barely a mini-riot, when you consider that Capitol Police held the doors open for Trump supporters to enter and tour the complex.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Yeah i guess that was just a peaceful protest

We’ve been taught for years that the phrase is “mostly peaceful protest”.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One word. Boomerang

Unless you are a bonafide mental midget, what the Dems and Rinos are selling smells rancid to the core. These lies and distortions are going to come back to haunt them.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

About as ridiculous as Trump claiming election fraud without anyone being either charged or finding proof off such.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Any felonies? Or are they all misdemeanors?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

No, it isn’t. Unlike some politicians, he never used that as a basis to prosecute his opponents.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

When I went to bed Trump had all but sealed the win . When I woke up Biden somehow came back and took the lead . Basically trump received no votes as the night went on . Did you listen to Trumps speech where he outlined all the cheating ? Can you post evidence that contradicts any of his claims of election fraud ? Do you think China or North Korean ever find proof of election fraud ? When the criminals are in charge of investigating the criminals they will never find any wrongdoing . You are on the side of fascism unfortunately. Wisen up man this stuffs important
edit on 11-2-2021 by Thenail because: Wasn’t done

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not only is the word 'insurrection' wrong, but the media and Dems are also constantly calling them 'Trump supporters' instead of protesters. Constantly.

So, day after day, you hear the combination of those words used and you know the old saying, "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it". Mental midgets.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

So the opinion poll on the eve of the election giving Biden an 8% lead was fake then ?

Of course you are going to say yes.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Trumps now under criminal investigation in Georgia for another ""perfect phone call"".

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Which "opinion" poll was that? Please and thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Not only is the word 'insurrection' wrong, but the media and Dems are also constantly calling them 'Trump supporters' instead of protesters. Constantly.

So, day after day, you hear the combination of those words used and you know the old saying, "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it". Mental midgets.

This is 100% correct.

Programming has become very easy these days.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero
The term “insurrection” has been used so often that one might be forgiven for believing such a crime occurred. Yet, no one arrested for the breaching of the Capitol building has been charged with any such crime. We are left to wonder, then, how a president can be impeached for inciting an insurrection long before anyone has been charged for engaging in one.

It is odd enough that a leader would incite an insurrection against the government he runs, and would do so without using any insurrectionary language whatsoever (perhaps conversing with his fellow conspirators on some unavailable frequency). But these are the threadbare rags we are left to untangle.

I have no choice but to attribute the insurrection fantasy to the same moral panic that has led us here to begin with. In the lead up to the election, and years before, they always feared some sort of coup around the 2020 election: Trump refusing to leave the Whitehouse, declaring martial law, and using the military to hold on to power. These prognostications and conspiracy theories were as unfounded as they were ludicrous, and in the end were proven false; but they no less reigned as the guiding fears for everyone from former military to nightly talk show hosts.

At any rate, we can suspect that “insurrection” is the logical conclusion for this species of thinking, especially for those who have been battling against authoritarianism and fascism in their imaginations for the past half-decade, despite none of it occurring beyond their skulls.

Let’s refuse to use such language on these grounds.

There was no insurrection! My sister who lives in the states told me unquestionably that it was a huge misunderstanding. She told me (and I have no reason to disbelieve her - Yes, she has made a few regrettable relationship choices in her life but I can assure you that other than her choice in men/sometimes women, she is wholly reliable) that a number of foreign tourists became lost on the now infamous day. After a few wrong turns they mistakenly stumbled into congress, excitement ensued and the rest is history.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The insurrection was/is within the MSM 😧

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The insurrection was/is within the MSM 😧

Exactly! See post above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join