It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if the starter of a poll had an option to enable nominations by other ATS users? For instance, if a poll was "American's what party do you belong to?," the choices being Dem., Rep., and Indy. Wouldn't it be nice if I could add another party, such as Libertarian? William?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Guess not. Hmm... that is too short. How about now?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The number of professional researchers here is few.

You get what you get, for the enjoyment of it. I don't know if the BB software is capable of remote editing of someone else's poll.

I wouldn't want it that way, although I agree with you that a poorly worded poll doesn't provide for all viable options.

Handy if people just put in an "other" category for whatever they may have forgotten, then respondents can elucidate in a post in response...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It should be fairly easy for William to implement.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The problem with such a feature would mean any random person could simply add a new option. If a person specifically starts a poll wanting two options plus "other", by the end of the day it could have 30 options.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes,
someone could ruin the 'exclusivity' of each option by adding things that would invalidate the questions. For instance: In my UFO poll, though I used the basic Hynek system (close encounters of the 3rd kind, etc.). However, someone who came alone later could have added, "I saw me an ale'in once" even though that 'scenario' is already covered by the CE3 option...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Nope, my proposal was for the poll creator to have an option to enable nominations. If the creator wanted to limit smart-arse nominations, he or she simply would not check "Enable Nominations." I've seen it on other boards.

new topics

top topics

join