It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens develop serious blood disorder after getting Covid vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

At least 36 recipients of Pfizer’s and Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccines in the US have developed a rare immune disorder that attacks the blood

Dr. Gregory Michael . . . died in January of a brain hemorrhage. He had received a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine two weeks earlier, and immediately developed immune thrombocytopenia, a rare and sometimes fatal blood disorder.

One patient contacted by the Times suffered heavy vaginal bleeding two weeks after receiving Moderna’s vaccine and required platelet transfusions and steroid treatment to survive. Another woman was hospitalized with bruising and bleeding blisters in her mouth just a day after receiving the same shot. Her condition deteriorated to the point where doctors concerned that a slight knock would trigger fatal bleeding were afraid to move her from the hospital bed.

Doctors contacted by the Times still insist that vaccination is safe

Source

If you needed any more reason to pass on the Covid-19 vaccines, here's a pretty good one: dozens of people have developed a serious blood disease shortly after getting vaccinated. One woman started bleeding so badly that she needed transfusions and steroid therapy to survive. Another started bleeding from the mouth the next day, and was left in such poor condition that doctors were afraid to even try to move her from her hospital bed for fear of accidentally causing her to bleed to death.
Making matters worse is the fact that the vaccines being offered by Pfizer and Moderna are using a new kind of vaccine technology that has never been tested on a mass scale. Instead of introducing an inactive virus to coax the body into producing antibodies against it, Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines introduce RNA into the body, which basically "hacks" the body's DNA into doing what the RNA tells it to do - in this case, make antibodies.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

The disease in question is ITP. Its an auto immune disease that makes your body seek out and destroy its own platelets.
The patients that were treated with high doses of steroids were lucky that it worked---in many cases it does not.
I am all too familiar with ITP--- my husband has been fighting it for 18 months now, requiring weekly visits to the hematologist/oncologist for CBC/Diff tests and weekly shots of Nplate (a horribly expensive drug that stimulates the patient`s body to overproduce platelets in an effort to have more than the immune system can destroy) . And requires a patient to be on a high protien/high iron intake diet that is expensive as well. And he also is on steroids (has been the whole time). Every waking moment becomes consumed with worry about what the platelet numbers are at that moment, and worry about watching for any signs of spontaneous bleeding. To say it turns life into a hellish experience is an understatement.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
The disease in question is ITP. Its an auto immune disease that makes your body seek out and destroy its own platelets.
The patients that were treated with high doses of steroids were lucky that it worked---in many cases it does not.
I am all too familiar with ITP--- my husband has been fighting it for 18 months now, requiring weekly visits to the hematologist/oncologist for CBC/Diff tests and weekly shots of Nplate (a horribly expensive drug that stimulates the patient`s body to overproduce platelets in an effort to have more than the immune system can destroy) . And requires a patient to be on a high protien/high iron intake diet that is expensive as well. And he also is on steroids (has been the whole time). Every waking moment becomes consumed with worry about what the platelet numbers are at that moment, and worry about watching for any signs of spontaneous bleeding. To say it turns life into a hellish experience is an understatement.

What's really scary is wondering how many people will suddenly realize a few years from now that they have this disease. If people are developing it with such intensity, then surely many more are developing it with less noticeable symptoms, or none at all (yet).

It is uncommon for people with ITP to present with severe bleeding (only 5% of affected people). However, within five years of diagnosis, 15% of affected individuals are hospitalized with bleeding complications.

edit on 2/10/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12 Keeping a warm thought for you, your hubby, and all that are dealing with this at the moment.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

is there any reason I’m thinking of I Am Legend here?

edit on 10-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I noted the reports too. Tragic...and unsettling.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Thank you
, especially the warm part at the moment--- ice storm warning, and we are trying to figure out how we will get the required weekly shot/bloodwork tomorrow if everyone is iced in (cancer center is 2 cities away). Have to have faith !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As many have posted here in ATS before, about the long time side effects of getting a new none safety proven technology in humans that includes injecting a synthetic GMO to tamper with cells into producing antibodies, many experts warned of the this same effects.

In lame terms you can open the flood of antibody making, but how will you stop it from attacking your body and no only the virus.

If this new effects are related to the injection is only the beginning.

In a more serious note, I wish every body that has taken the injection good luck and hopefully for many this will work just fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Husband`s case occured as a result of an infection from a tick bite that he didn`t even know he had. Had he not been hospitalized with the infection he could very easily died just from the ITP. He was transfused with packed platelets, and steroids started. Unfortunately in his case the steroids were not enough, and the Nplate injections were started.

His platelet count went from normal to 4 (140-440 being normal). Anything under 20 a patient is at risk for bleeding out from even a minor injury (even a nosebleed), or spontaneous internal bleeding that can be fatal.

Its not a pretty thing, and even if the patient achieves "remission" after treatment, there is no way of knowing when a "flare" may or will happen for the rest of their lives.

Thankfully ITP has been a rare disease . Maybe not so much now, and that is concerning.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

One patient contacted by the Times suffered heavy vaginal bleeding two weeks after receiving Moderna’s vaccine

Hmmm pretty sure genital bleeding is not a symptom of covid. Think i'll take my chances with the 'rona.

link   
I kind of wonder if the MRNA bits they are using stimulate the immune system to go after the binders that bind the virus together, anotherwords, they trigger the body to attack the elastins in the virus. Would that then trigger the immune system to disolve other elastin binding proteins in the heart and arteries and that strengthen the platelets and blood cells if that is the case?

This is just an idea from reading so much health related garbage over the years. It would explain the problems with the placenta in the mother though, that would have lots of elastins in it so it could be like a balloon as the baby grows.

Probably not relevant but it is a possible explanation of what is occurring in some people. I would doubt if a real vaccine would do that, but it is possible this kind of vaccine might have a long term problem. The biggest amount of elastin is in the heart and arteries and of course the intestines.

link   
Boy. So glad we figured out the short and medium-term effects of these vaccines

Now we just gotta wait for the long-term......

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

That is a very scary disease, I am soo sorry your husband have to deal with this for the rest of his life, hopefully it will not be as bad if have a flare up.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thanks. We are hoping that remsiion comes soon... after the last 18 months, even a month or two of being able to not be on "red alert" 24/7 would be wonderful. We will still always be on "yellow alert" though, watching for any symptoms of a flare up.

I`m sharing what I have learned about ITP so that maybe it can help someone who reads the news reports to better have a grasp of what the disease is.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I'm only going to say it once, in general (not to Trollz):

I told you so.

Also, jab yourselves, not me, and STFU about the harping. I'm still passing on this.
edit on 2/10/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

To tell the truth I had no idea such disease was even around, I know about, hemophiliacs, but this is very scary.

My prayers are with you and your family

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Instead of introducing an inactive virus to coax the body into producing antibodies against it, Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines introduce RNA into the body, which basically "hacks" the body's DNA into doing what the RNA tells it to do - in this case, make antibodies.

This is what scares me about this "new" vaccine. All the other vaccines have had the inactive virus. We're expected to take the governments word that the short term side effects are safe and minimal and not a clue what the long term will be? So, no, I won't take it.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12

Hope all works out for your husband. My wife (late) suffered from ITP as well as APS (AntiPhospholipid Syndrome).
I know the struggle all too well

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So to save you from a 0.016 death rate from COVID you take a vaccine with a ___% rate to also kill you.

How about we all just go about our lives and stop this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So if this is causing ITP, someone with Lupus, probably shouldn't get it, right?

Edit: Context, my sister works in health care industry, plasma donation.

She was diagnosed as anaemic at a young age, has issues with like heavy flow months, fainting and what not.

Recently found out, from extra tests, she has Lupus.

Shes already tired and barely makes it home before passing out. But her work is pressuring her JOB if she doesn't get the vaccination.

From what I see, Lupus and ITP would be a heavy, if not fatal, combo. She's 26.
edit on 2/10/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join