It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lush Underwater Worlds of Photographer Christie Lee Rogers

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi, and I hope you are having a good day

I discovered an artist yesterday whose work is so visually stunning it merits a share.
In my opinion, her work resembles the work of the Renaissance masters. It's hard to believe some of her compositions are photographs and not paintings.
Hope you enjoy, and there's a link to more of her work below.

www.christyleerogers.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
What a fantastic use of form and light...what a capacity to relate...for me she is expressing thought as form.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Beautiful! what would life be without Art, all forms ...

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

A wonderful interpretation--I totally agree that her use of texture, light, color, and shape is outstanding--so engaging.
Thanks for the response!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Dull and devoid of beauty and meaning, if you ask me

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: valiant

Dull and devoid of beauty and meaning, if you ask me

Put perfectly!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

As the artists says on her website...

“Through our deepest vulnerabilities we somehow find our most profound strengths. In this modern Renaissance within, ignited by pain and distress- a transformative provocation, there is hope and beauty at the other side waiting to show itself.

Like water that flows life to all crevices of the earth, this image represents how everyday people can be transformed into angelic creatures with the slightest change of perspective, by using tools in new ways and allowing our mistakes to guide us toward new truths.”

"...using tools in new ways and allowing our mistakes to guide us to new truths."

Worth reflecting on.

Thanks for the OP.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

“Through our deepest vulnerabilities we somehow find our most profound strengths. In this modern Renaissance within, ignited by pain and distress- a transformative provocation, there is hope and beauty at the other side waiting to show itself.

Like water that flows life to all crevices of the earth, this image represents how everyday people can be transformed into angelic creatures with the slightest change of perspective, by using tools in new ways and allowing our mistakes to guide us toward new truths.”

Thanks for adding the words of the artist herself!
Interesting that the word Renaissance came up there as well.

Definitely worth thinking about, and now more than ever.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Wow these are truly amazing I cant add much besides some of the pictures remind me of religious paintings.

Thanks for sharing I will have to look at more of her works.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

As the artists says on her website...

"...using tools in new ways and allowing our mistakes to guide us to new truths."

Worth reflecting on.

Thanks for the OP.

This is why it reminds me of religious paintings thanks for the addition.
:

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

That 4th picture I posted in OP reminded me of something I'd see in the Sistine Chapel. I think it's very cool the artist used the word Renaissance to describe her ideas.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Art is racist.

Stop belittling brainless minorities with your white supremacy.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

new topics

top topics

join