It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two types of irrefutable phenomena

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Every time I’m missing a jar of peanut butter the first place I check is my ass hole dogs puppy palace, he loves peanut butter.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The weirdest things I have encountered are items falling off tables for no apparent reason and the weirdest thing I encountered was hearing of two distinct sets of three knocks while half asleep. Within months two close relatives passed away. Also, a far off gong sound accompanied by low frequency drum beats a day after one of the relatives passed (my mother) while in hospice care at her house. This woke me up and made my skin crawl after a perceived ethereal touch and the feeling of being watched while I stayed at the house. Very creepy and made me feel uneasy.
edit on 10-2-2021 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
As for objects disappearing, the weirdest occurence was at a friend;s house. She was putting some groceries onto the counter. We both saw a small box sitting on the counter. Within a few seconds, she asked me what I did with it. I hadn't touced it. It was gone. We searched, but it was gone. Where??? This happened about five years ago. We still talk about it.

My biggest mystery object vanishing was a remote for a television that I moved from a bedroom to a different room. Couldn't find the stupid remote. It was sitting right there on a shelf, I know it was because I saw it and said "I'll come back for it." Of course when I did it was gone. I looked under the bed, on the shelves, tore the room apart, nothing.

Two weeks later I went into the room for some reason or another and the remote was on the pillow.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Things have been going missing at my house for weeks now. I dropped a small 1.5" spring. I watched as it fell between my feet and hit the carpet. I bent down to pick it up. Nothing, Gone, Poof!.

No real obstacles in the way. Nowhere where the spring could hide. I even went over the carpet with a large magnet. Up and gone like a fart in the wind.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Never had anything disappear, but hearing footsteps I have experienced plenty of times, even outside.

The scariest was when I was walking to work one morning, about 5am I got to this certain path and all of a sudden I heard like footsteps run, and all the way along I kept hearing the steps following me, I even felt weird, like smothered, something in my space.

I don't scare easy, but that morning had my heart thumping!

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How about for the heavy dreamers out there, what about hearing music before waking up?

Like, vivid dreaming, then 30 mins or whatever that equals to dreamscape, some melody starts playing and once it starts to ramp up in the dream, you wake up?

I'm not talking about a song on the radio or something, but music you've never heard before.

You recognize it, but when you wake up, it's completely foreign and nothing you find matches it.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Smoking while they work lol
on a serious note i lost my favorite coffee mug and knew exactly where i placed it.
Nobody in the house but me.
I looked for that mug for weeks and one day i came home there it was.
Exactly where i left it.
Go figure.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just spoke with a relative of mine, and told her about this discussion. She said a couple of years ago, she had been taking care of an elderly uncle who had some health issues. After a doctor's visit one morning, they returned to his house, and upon entering the house, she hung his winter coat up in the closet. She stayed there that night to make sure he was OK.
The next morning, she offered to take him for a long ride, which was his favorite pastime.
She opened the closet door to find the coat gone. He got really upset! Apparently he loved that coat.

They searched everywhere. The coat was gone. He had to wear another coat. They went for a ride, and then went to lunch. They were gone about 4 hours. When they returned, the coat was hanging there in the closet, in plain sight, right were she had hung it up before. She said other than that episode, nothing weird ever happened there.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I know there are people who don't believe in this type of thing. I get it. It's just not a part of their belief system. Even if they were to experience it, they would just dismiss it.

I don't quite agree with this, I want to believe, but I need more than anecdotes to answer big questions, I'm ok with the big questions not having answers yet. This is what brought me to ATS in the first place.

That being said, I will contribute the experiences I've had that have left me scratching my head looking for answers.

1. This is not completely uncommon, but it's kind of chaotic in nature and might just seem to be a pattern because I'm paying attention. Technology seems to work differently around me. Small things tend to happen when I walk into a room like wifi interference or computers freezing. My gf will be sitting streaming a show for hours, but as soon as I come sit down everything freezes and we need to reboot the devices. It's not much, but it seems to be somewhat consistent and has impacted decisions I make about what musical equipment to rely on, nothing digital if it's a live thing.

2. I've had long hair and a beard since I was 16, I hate haircuts and I hate shaving. The last time shaved was for my 20th bday and it was horrible, I just remember feeling like garbage, nothing was fun, I had no energy, I was miserable. Those feeling lasted for a few weeks then started fading. Years after my shaving disaster I learned that in some religions a persons hair is considered to be a receiver for the energy in the universe, I'm pretty sure this is why shaving is no go for Sikhs. It may be because I'm aware of this, but I actually feel better the longer I go between hair cuts and beard trims.

They're not much, but they are two elements of my life that I can't explain.

Fantastic post by the way! I hope I didn't seem rude.
edit on 11-2-2021 by wheresthebody because: werdz

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I like to think that extrasensory perception exists in some way. The problem, however, is figuring out what it actually is. In some ways, it appears to be a matter of strange fluidity with time and how it's understood. Because you can't tell if you've managed to visualize or predict "the future" until the future makes itself known, so you don't know if you actually saw the events of the future or if instead the memory or perception of the future managed to make its way back into your head in the present somehow. You read your own quantum mind in some way?

It's a puzzler.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I hope I didn't seem rude.

Not at all. Thanks for your comments. Interesting!

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It's a puzzler.

I second that!

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Could be a brain thing with the subconscious being the trickster it is, filtering out the object from the visual senses.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Only ever encountered this in the house i bought for my now ex and I. I've always been a skeptic but the experience was certainly interesting. There were heavy footsteps upstairs when we were downstairs, cabinet doors would fly open in eyesight, the strangest was pounding and i mean POUNDING on a wall upstairs or the door to find nothing there when I was alone in the house (no plumbing on the second floor either). Occasionally there was a strong cigarette smoke odor and neither of us smoked. Now that she's gone it all disappeared with her. Prior to that it was a pretty regular thing, several times a week. Now all I get are normal house settling sounds. Makes you wonder.

Still not sure what to think of it but I always embraced the weirdness. I tried to debunk it all as best as I could. Played with the cabinets and tried to encourage them to open but they closed themselves instead. Searched the second floor to make sure there wasn't something falling somehow in a perfect rhythm. I was never really fearful but more of a "oh so that's happening again" reaction by the end. But it never did stop until she moved out.

Maybe she took the demons with her! Lol

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I like to think that extrasensory perception exists in some way. You read your own quantum mind in some way?

I can confirm the first statement is true. It is extrasensory because we lack sufficient scientific knowledge to study it. To an observer it appears like magic.

I like the quantum mind idea. Perhaps some are more adept at writing the code for such machines, organic computing, and are better able to parse the data.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
I like the quantum mind idea. Perhaps some are more adept at writing the code for such machines, organic computing, and are better able to parse the data.

I'm not sure how it works. Sometimes I think it could be a kind of camera obscura effect. Just like a camera obscura or pinhole camera, an image of the outside world passes through a pinhole and is registered either on the inside of a room or into a little box onto film. I imagine the same thing happening all the time with reflections of the world passing through tiny holes in spacetime to be reflected into the past (or wherever). Backwards and upside down. Your brain can make some sense of it, but it's very distorted. Maybe some people are better at making sense of it than others.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think that was an excellent 2 cents... in fact, I'd call it worthy of 5 cents (nickle in the U.S.).

Fear is almost never useful. It works when a 500 lb predator is barreling towards you or loved ones and you need to outrun it, but is good for little else.

A friend and I once experienced something that seemed like a visitation by an immaterial presence while we were chatting about something far removed from strange. Whatever it was seemed foul and alien and had a huge presence. The light changed to a fainter sickly yellowish green and our fight or flight kicked in... and then it was gone.

It could have been anything, though, and was perhaps a non sentient transient electrical field that affected our perceptions, but that was the one time I encountered something that just felt totally nasty, but who's to say it couldn't become a helpful garden sprite with the correct ceremony?

As far as speculating, there could be trillions of poor immaterial bored intelligences just waiting to experience the physical and every moment that a lucky embodied human wastes by not enjoying the physical brings legions of groans from the vast peanut gallery and errant outlaws who attempt to take over the human and show how it's really done.

Until we can measure or repeat on command the subject will remain (almost) total speculation.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Every time I’m missing a jar of peanut butter the first place I check is my a** hole

Dude...

ouch.
edit on 2/12/2021 by Baddogma because: 2nd line

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It might help your reasoning these things out if you come to
an understanding of just exactly what causes these occurrences.
I deduce that by recognizing what the actual effects are of a
particular instance? Was fear induced? Or maybe the confusion
that causes distrust in your powers of observation? Where people
often begin to lose touch? Ever notice that everything classified
under the term paranormal? Tends to leave the witness either in
fear or questioning their own sanity? I often notice how one
personality seems to permeate thru out every category of what
we consider to be paranormal Phenomena. What I mean is this.

UFO's - Now you see me now you don't! The witness is mind Fed often
in shock.

Poltergeist-

Bigfoot-

Ghosts Demons- All the same. And often times telling someone only brings
ridicule.

Do you see how clever the trap is here? And how well the perpetrator
must know human beings? The outcome for the witness presents many
negative possibilities. These phenomena from what I've deduced are
perpetrated by someone who hates human beings. And is looking to
destroy anyone he can. Sound crazy? Pray for safe passage.

For me I have come to some conclusions. People tend to localize
paranormal activity. I have to ask why would anything with such
power be confined to a house or an object? It wouldn't be at all.
No the truth is this whole damn planet is haunted and cursed.

edit on 12-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I’ve captured phantom footsteps on audio before

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join