It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two types of irrefutable phenomena

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This thread is a bit lengthy, I know, but this is a subject that I'm sure some others can relate to, I'd like to discuss it at length, if others will share their experiences. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to discuss a couple of high-strangeness events that I have witnessed. There have been times when others were present, which is why I say these things are irrefutable. I know there are people who don't believe in this type of thing. I get it. It's just not a part of their belief system. Even if they were to experience it, they would just dismiss it.

I used the term "phenomena", because these events fit the textbook description of the word. They are both extraordinary, and observable. You usually hear descriptions like 'paranormal' or 'supernatural'.

When I was younger, I was a total skeptic, but over the last 25 years (approximately), I've had about 10 of these experiences. I have no clue what's behind them. Ghosts, inter-dimensional trickster entities, distortions in 'reality', etc.... I have no idea. I always look for a logical explanation, and don't jump to conclusions. I'll spend time in an attempt to solve the mystery, leaving no stone unturned, as it were.

The two phenomena I'm talking about are:
1. Phantom footsteps...I'm talking about the unmistakeable sound of someone walking. Not thumps, bumps, rapping or tapping. I'm talking about footsteps so clear, so audible, so unmistakeable that you just take for granted someone is there. Then you're freaked out to find that, no, someone isnt there!

2. Objects disappearing...I'm talking about knowing for certain that an object is sitting on the table, the counter, etc,
because you see it. You leave the room, answer a phone call, or sometimes just turn around for a couple of minutes, and it's gone. Often, the object is a common thing like a pen or a screwdriver. Sometimes it's weirder, like a jar of peanut butter or a packet of taco seasoning!
(Are entities in a neighboring dimension wanting a snack? Are they cooking?)

The footsteps thing has happened to so many credible people, it's almost a 'given'. I have been in a house with three other people, and we all heard someone walking upstairs. Down the hall and into a bedroom. I once had a neighbor whose house was host to an invisible entity that would walk up the basement steps, and across a landing that went out to a patio. I made a thread about a friend of mine hearing loud, heavy footsteps on the roof of a house. I gave up on the thread when people kept commenting that it was a squirrel.

As for objects disappearing, the weirdest occurence was at a friend;s house. She was putting some groceries onto the counter. We both saw a small box sitting on the counter. Within a few seconds, she asked me what I did with it. I hadn't touced it. It was gone. We searched, but it was gone. Where??? This happened about five years ago. We still talk about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
With footsteps and creaks. Besides the rare CCTV captures, it never seems to be able to manifest if a human is active in the room.

I know I've heard my fair share from the basement. Thinking someone came home or got in the shower, just to check and find out I was alone.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The foot steps thing all the time. I hear it as if it is coming from the unit above me, though, I am on the top floor. Lately things have been falling off shelves, closet doors closing, cabinets opening, etc. Has been freaking me the F out.

Normally, I'd just assume I was crazy and brush it off, but, my fiancé has been pointing out the sounds as I hear them. So, at least I can rest assured that if I am crazy, so is she.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Answer for both: ghosts

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

But what does that answer? What are ghosts?
Just putting a label on something explains nothing.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

When considering these types of phenomena, context is always everything.

For starters:

Were you in old buildings when they transpired?

Do you have any possessions that could be holding the energy of spirits?

If not, you could possibly have an entity tagging along with you, if it’s as frequent as your saying.

I’m not an expert. However, I do have somewhat of an understanding of how these entities operate. Be happy most your experiences don’t appear to be negative.
edit on 9-2-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

The house that all four of us heard the footsteps in was a fairly new, very typical middle-class dwelling.
The objects that disappeared were just very mundane items.

There may have been some confusion regarding my OP. These things have only happened a handful of times over a long period. Like 25 years. Not at all frequent.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that there appear to be trickster or mischevious entities that mess with humans.
I'd love to know what's behind this stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ghosts are dead people.

Children know what a ghost is and you don't?

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Check city records for any suicides or murders in home and immediate neighbirhood.

And if anyone died in home.

Question neighbors.

Most towns have a historian. Check with them too.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Ghosts are dead people.

Children know what a ghost is and you don't?

Why would a ghost take a screwdriver or a lighter?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don't and neither do you or little children. Dead people get burned and buried, they don't move that's how we know they're dead.
So it can't be dead people. If anything it would have to be some distilled new form of those dead people and that opens a plethora of questions on how that'd work, what they're made of, how they interact with the environment etc.
So if it's all so obvious to you: start typing, I want to hear your explanation.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Look dude I do this for a living....

It is a dead man screwing with you, not a woman or a child.

Hint...screwdriver and lighter.

The lighter worries me. If this dude has mastered fire he can burn the house down.

Sorry didn't read OP....same thing over and over here...

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Your an idiot.

Now go whine to the mods.

edit on 9-2-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's "you're" not your.
I'm really curious, you do that for a living you say?
So what exactly is a ghost?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Check city records for any suicides or murders in home and immediate neighbirhood.

And if anyone died in home.

Question neighbors.

Most towns have a historian. Check with them too.

Very good point. Suicides and many people murdered, get caught in limbo land. Halfway in multiple worlds.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What exactly is it you do for a living?
How do you know it's a dead man?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't teach anymore.

I am a demonlogist. You know ghost, evil, devil, blah, blah, blah.

I dont even need to walk into your home to know it is a DEAD MAN.

Dead women hang in kitchens and bedrooms blah, blah

Children love to giggle, play with other children toys....blah, blah.

If small fires pop up or things get violet....move out, they don't follow.

Soon comes whispers....banging on walls, blah, blah.

Either this man dies in the home or nearby.

I bought my first haunted house in Germany in 1993.

PM me if it gets worse.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
100% correct.

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Please don't believe that guy. He's seriously full of #.

If he knew what he's doing he wouldn't immediately try to scare you into his messed up world.

You don't escalate, it won't escalate.

edit on 9-2-2021 by Peeple because: wrong word replaced because it matters

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Footsteps.

When we were first married we bought a small 2bdrm home in an old neighborhood. the house was built in the 1920's and had hardwood floors throughout. When I would leave for work in the early a.m., my wife would have me bring in our German Shephard and lock the bedroom door. She said that after I left, some mornings the footsteps would come - clearly coming down the hallway towards the bedroom. It would happen multiple times, sometimes walking and sometimes running . The dog would growl and bark then it would usually stop. I never heard them but I did once see a clear-as-day apparition down at the opposite end of that same hallway. Thought for sure it was an intruder but he vanished into the back bedroom that had no other exit and painted-shut windows.
Lots of other strangeness in that house, we sold it and moved after eight years. Thankfully, nothing weird at all in the new place and we've been here 25yrs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join