It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Mars Landers enroute; "mars-missions-from-china-uae-arrive-soon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
www.space.com...

Mars missions from China and the United Arab Emirates arrive in orbit around the Red Planet this week, followed by the landing of NASA's Mars rover Perseverance next week.

The UAE's Hope orbiter is set to arrive at the Red Planet on Tuesday, with China's Tianwen-1 mission following less than a day later.

I'm guessing orbital stuff dictates this as a good window for Mars projects.

hope everything works okay and they find something cool.

(to clarify; UAE is orbit only; China and Nasa have landers.)
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Any space exploration is a win for all of humanity!

If it wasn't for our silly games of political tug-of-war and king of the castle nonsense we would probably have a moon base and be working towards deep space exploration, finding resource rich bodies in space to enrich the lives of all humans.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: ElGoobero

Any space exploration is a win for all of humanity!

If it wasn't for our silly games of political tug-of-war and king of the castle nonsense we would probably have a moon base and be working towards deep space exploration, finding resource rich bodies in space to enrich the lives of all humans.

The Psychopathic Powers That Shouldn't Be will NEVER allow that because that's not what they want for humanity/We The Peasants.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

TPTB are afraid of it because our desire to explore could be thing that actually bring us together, could you imagine how united we would feel as a species if we found evidence of life somewhere else?! Or if we found an abundance of resources that would render their stockpiles worthless?!

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

TPTB are afraid of it because our desire to explore could be thing that actually bring us together, could you imagine how united we would feel as a species if we found evidence of life somewhere else?! Or if we found an abundance of resources that would render their stockpiles worthless?!

EVERYTHING, no matter how positive, will be turned into a negative and a tool to divide and control us. This will be done by the media, instructed either directly or financially by existing big business, establishment and banking elite. This is what happens now and what will continue to happen.

Happy days right?

Not really.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You aren't wrong, it's depressing to see how entrenched people have become in the divisive political/economic/spiritual hogwash that is presented as important, fighting with families and neighbors over which king is less of a monster, over who deserves shelter and food or over which ghost story is real, but it's within our abilities to deny their control over us. It's a long road and I don't expect to be alive long enough to see the good stuff, but we are star stuff made conscious, we are a way for the universe to know itself and I don't think that desire can be suppressed forever. TPTB are just pissing into the wind and eventually it will all blow back at them.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: and14263

You aren't wrong, it's depressing to see how entrenched people have become in the divisive political/economic/spiritual hogwash that is presented as important, fighting with families and neighbors over which king is less of a monster, over who deserves shelter and food or over which ghost story is real, but it's within our abilities to deny their control over us. It's a long road and I don't expect to be alive long enough to see the good stuff, but we are star stuff made conscious, we are a way for the universe to know itself and I don't think that desire can be suppressed forever. TPTB are just pissing into the wind and eventually it will all blow back at them.

I wish I was as hopeful as you fellow brother.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
apnews.com...

China's craft is in orbit

China’s space agency said the five-ton combination orbiter and rover fired its engine to reduce its speed, allowing it to be captured by Mars’ gravity.

“Entering orbit has been successful ... making it our country’s first artificial Mars satellite,” the agency announced.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Carl Sagan helps me find my optimism when I am in the depths of nihilism. Here's a song.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
www.space.com...

China has released epic video footage from the country's Tianwen-1 spacecraft as it made a close approach to Mars after reaching the Red Planet this week.

Tianwen-1 arrived at Mars on Wednesday (Feb. 10) and fired its engines to allow it to enter orbit around the planet. China has now received and put together a series of images taken during this approach and created two remarkable scenes, seen here in a single video.

videos.space.com...

good job China
science!

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
First photo from UAE's mission.

Source

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
NASA Rover 'Perseverance' sked to orbit Thursday and deploy on surface

www.space.com...

On Feb. 18, the car-size Perseverance — the heart of NASA's Mars 2020 mission — will attempt to land inside the 28-mile-wide (45 kilometers) Jezero Crater. The entry, descent and landing (EDL) phase of a Mars mission is often referred to as "seven minutes of terror," because the sequence is so harrowing and happens faster than radio signals can reach Earth from Mars. That means the spacecraft is on its own once it enters the Martian atmosphere — and a gripping new video from NASA shows how the rover will pull off such an amazing feat.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.space.com...

After a seven-month trek to Mars, the Perseverance rover completed the perilous landing procedure nicknamed "seven minutes of terror" on Thursday (Feb. 18), with the successful landing announced just before 4 p.m. EST (2100 GMT, or 1 p.m. PST at the mission's headquarters at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California. Just minutes after the good news arrived, NASA received the rover's first two images.

GOOD JOB NASA!!!

SCIENCE!!!
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add pic

new topics

top topics

join