It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US Had Secret Plans for Iraq Oil from 2001

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
The Chinese government had more of a motive for helping terrorists in the attacks in 9/11...hell two of their military colonels drew plans on how to fight the next war and win against the US...one of those tactics was.....

"What's coming will be more devastating to the U.S. economy than any nuclear strike..."
- The Asia Times

I. Unrestricted War

Unrestricted War: China’s Master Plan to Destroy America is a treatise for world domination written in 1999 by People’s Liberation Army Colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui. In order for China to become a dominant global power over the United States, the PLA emphasizes “The Final War over Resources”, must be won.

Spain links suspect in 9/11 plot to Baghdad

I don't even know where you get that i am implying the US had anything to do with 3/11.

That first link is actually very interesting. Though, I remain skeptical on why the article states "aggressor nation" rather than China. I'd rather read the article itself than second-hand analysis, I'm sure I can find it myself. As far as 3/11, if you didn't think the US did it, why did you even bring it up in the first place?

But, aside from that, I do think the next war will be one of resources, oil in particular. This is why it's so frustrating for me to see the decline in research for alternative energy methods. Though, the Bush administration is trying to bring the age of Hydrogen to fruition.

Despite my obvious support for the continuance of the United States or rather, America, I believe there is a significant alteration on what it means to be American these days. Capitalism and freedom seem to be the beacon of this country. But capitalism seems to have the effect of taking over our government. As well, we see freedoms deteriorating as decades pass. So, what exactly are we trying to save? Surely, silly fights over gay marriage and the like do nothing when faced with this dramatic prospect of a "final war."

But, if the US did have plans to attack Iraq before 9/11 merely as a precursor for this "resource war" do the means justify the end? Because, as a country, we need the middle east as a staging point and as a resource pool, are we justified in attacking it? These are complicated questions, with not so easy answers that I hope to either address or see someone address in a professional, concise treatise someday.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
So either there are some people who are extremely myopic working in the White House and/or someone lied under oath in an act of CYA--and perhaps that is just to save face, but it still is something that shouldn't be overlooked... and I think that it may indicate there is more to the story....

What more are you implying is there to the "story"?...

Did the government know that in 9/11 terrorists would hijack planes and fly them into buildings?.... They did not...

If the US government would have taken these threats from Al Qaeda more seriously, and they would have increased security in airports adding military personnel, what do you think people, quite a few from these same forums, would have done?...

The anwser is simple....people would have been yelling to the top of their voices that we are in a facist country, and that martial law was implemented to take their freedoms away...

The US was not ready at all for such attacks, and the truth is that noone, not the military and not any US citizen even though this would happen, despite the threats.

Popular mechanics actually came up with an article about 9/11, but of course...quite a few people are not going to believe this, as it will probably be labeled as "another government conspiracy."

For anyone else actually interested in seen the evidence here is the link.
www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

That first link is actually very interesting. Though, I remain skeptical on why the article states "aggressor nation" rather than China. I'd rather read the article itself than second-hand analysis, I'm sure I can find it myself. As far as 3/11, if you didn't think the US did it, why did you even bring it up in the first place?

You obviously did not read my response, or the information that was in the links i provided. Let me make clear, once again, of why i brought up 3/11.

The governmemt of Spain investigating 3/11, found links and evidence about terrorists who helped plan and fund the attacks of 9/11.

If you want to read the evidence, it is provided in those links I gave...which you obviously did not read.

Second of all, the attack on 3/11 in Spain, shows that these terrorists were planning on attacking other countries, not only the US, and evidence has come out from not only Spain but other European countries that several other cities and countries were, and still are a target for terrorists, including one of the countries that was against the war on terror, France....

So, do i think that all the evidence given by Spain about 3/11, which subsequently uncovered evidence about 9/11, is important or even relevant to this discussion?.... you betcha...

You can read the information in the links yourself. i even made it easier, for those who don't like to read much or don't have time to read, by puting in bold the information about the links of 3/11 and 9/11.....

Anyways, as always the original topic of the thread gets off track...and i am sure i will be blamed for this, once more.... instead of blaming the people who actually made the wild claims first that the US had something to do with 9/11.... All i did was present evidence that shows these people are wrong....

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Second of all, the attack on 3/11 in Spain, shows that these terrorists were planning on attacking other countries, not only the US, and evidence has come out from not only Spain but other European countries that several other cities and countries were, and still are a target for terrorists, including one of the countries that was against the war on terror, France....

Actually......I did 'browse' your links and nowhere does it give a firm connection between al Qaeda, Saddam, and terrorists in North Africa. All it does is try to lump all these terrorist actions back to one main 'boogie-man group.' Donald Rumsfield was invited to Iraq, is he a terrorist too?

As far as I can see, the evidence linking 3/11 to 9/11 is severely lacking. Basically, it amounts to someone saying its true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join