It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus versus Boeing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I gotta say, Boeing surprised me when they took a different approach towards new planes. I like the new Boeing 7E7 but i thought they could have done better. I mean Boeing just combined what they have learned about previous models and made a new plane with a few modifications. I agree that the new 7E7 is more streamlined and fuel efficient. But is that the only thing that came out of years of research?
On the other hand, i love the Airbus 380 because it is GIANT! It's that simple. Airbus went ahead and introduced the biggest airplane ever.

But i gotta say. Im gonna try to be on both planes when they come out. I already missed the Concord.

I think that Airbus is going to come out on top. Boeing have to come up with something new to catch up.

It's too bad Boeing decided not to put this into production. The Sonic Cruiser is just a beauty

[edit on 20-3-2005 by jazzmaster]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ok, this thread is probably going to be closed faster than you can say 'flamebait'. The forum rules state no X vs Y threads, and this is a VERY heated topic if you have been on this forum for any length of time.

Quite simply? There is no Airbus vs Boeing - the A380 and the 787/7E7 compete in totally different markets and are both nice aircraft.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Uh...Flamebait....

Contribute opinions only please, not putdowns. Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Uh...Flamebait....

Contribute opinions only please, not putdowns. Thank you very much.

It isnt a putdown, its a raw hard fact. Every single Boeing or Airbus topic has ended up being a flamefest of epic proportions, and by creating an Airbus vs Boeing topic you are quite simply asking for inflamatory posts. Do you really think that such a topic will produce a reasoned, steady discussion void of any derogatory or non constructive posts?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
*puts on Nomex II Flight Suit*

Okay where do I begin with this one. Just kidding

Richard and know exactly where we stand on this whole issue

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
C'mon, it can't be as bad as the U.S Vs China posts.

Or the Indian Airforce Vs Pakistani Airforce.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Rather be in the boeing 7E7. The airbus is made entirely out of composite material that is in the early experimental stage. The 7E7 is more reliable and safer.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Rather be in the boeing 7E7. The airbus is made entirely out of composite material that is in the early experimental stage. The 7E7 is more reliable and safer.

The Airbus is only made out of 25% composite, verses the near 100% of the 7E7. The 7E7 is using brand new techniques for the engines and electronics. All of which are untested outside the lab and thus theres absolutely no way you can sanely claim that the 7E7 is 'more reliable and safer'.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapier 28
C'mon, it can't be as bad as the U.S Vs China posts.

Or the Indian Airforce Vs Pakistani Airforce.

- Want a bet?

(*cough* EU loans *cough* or *cough* US military R&D 'investment'? *cough*)

Originally posted by websurfer
Rather be in the boeing 7E7. The airbus is made entirely out of composite material that is in the early experimental stage.

- Actually I think you'll find that composites have been around in Airbus aircraft for some time......whether Boeing have ever used them or have much experience in using them to a large extent on their old fashioned aircraft is another matter.

But, whatever (
), you'll some brand new composites are also to be used extensively on the Boeing 787.

(It's part of the tech transfer that the sale of 60 to China represents that the US apparantly now feels perfectly happy about, plastic aeroplanes......no stealth application there at all, huh?
)

The 7E7 is more reliable and safer.

- The 787 hasn't even been constructed yet never mind flown.....

.......and the Airbus safety record is second to none, for your information, actually.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
How long of a runway would an airbus require compared to the 7E7 for both takeoff and landing?

What about the damage done to the runway due to its massive size?

My guess is that the number of airports the airbus could land at would be limited due to its massive size compared to the 7E7. This would call for a lot of transfers from one airplane to the next.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
AIRBUS 380, or Awfully Intrusive, Really Big, Ugly Superjet 380...?

Boeing. Just remember, bigger isn't always better.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They both are nice and serve very different markets.

Cudos to both.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Both planes are damn cool, I just don't want Airbus getting the tanker contract for the U.S. Air Force.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I like both planes, and i'm sure both will do well.
The 380 is impressive with just its size, while the 787 has a very good looking streamlined look.

But company wise...I like boeing more, but with airbus now the top dog in commercial plane sales, Airbus might squish boeing in the future. Obviously not the whole company, but I think it will take over the passenger jet market. Northrop and Lockheed look like they have a bright future with the military, and Airbus with passengers, Boeing does both those roles, and I think its to much for the company, there plane designs are loosing to others (X-32), and there 767 (passenger airliner) didn't do very well. The 787 will keep them in the game, but the 797 will have to be much more impressive if they want to survive in the airliner game.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Gosh.

I've learned more about Boeing martketing and its strategic plans here, along with aspects of aeronautics engineering, than I could've dreamed possible.

O Brave new world that has such people in't!

Shakespeare, "The Tempest"

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Heres some info about A340 vs 777

HERE

Id say that Airbus will win over in the jet market, but i still go with boeing,

lol in twenty years time

In latest news the Boeing 7107 flys for the first time

ta yet again!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The two planes are totally differant airplanes and meant for differant markets,
Size dosnt really matter. the Antonov 225, the worlds Heavyest(lol spelling) plane can land on a dirt strip because of all its landing gear. It depends the way the a380s load is spread out
On the an225 the weight is spread out well
heres a pic

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
The two planes are totally differant airplanes and meant for differant markets,
Size dosnt really matter. the Antonov 225, the worlds Heavyest(lol spelling) plane can land on a dirt strip because of all its landing gear. It depends the way the a380s load is spread out
On the an225 the weight is spread out well
heres a pic

Bull hockey! That thing cannot land on a dirt strip! There is no feasable way you could make a dirt strip long enough or wide enough to set that mammoth down on.

By the way I like how there are 20 some odd wheels in the back and only 2 on front

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
ok ok,
unprepared runways then, but i am pretty sure that the 124 can land on
a dirt strip

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Air Bus V Boeing, not even close. If the Air Bus is built like a french car or french wine then I will take a Boeing any day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join