It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many frat boys do we have here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
One would think that someone of a college level education would understand the difference between a serious message and a joke. Had I meant what I had said I would have backed it with points as to why I felt such a way.

Ah well the voices of obfuscation no doubt have a response, I am all ears

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ouch shining you were a Pika?

They just got booted off UNR campus two semesters ago, for killing one of their initiates...now it wouldn't have been so bad if he had died in some horrific stunt.

But he died in Manzanita lake (a lake on school).

It's about 15 feet at the deepest.

And he drowned near the shore, about 5 feet lol....

Poor Pikas

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Ouch shining you were a Pika?

They just got booted off UNR campus two semesters ago, for killing one of their initiates...now it wouldn't have been so bad if he had died in some horrific stunt.

But he died in Manzanita lake (a lake on school).

It's about 15 feet at the deepest.

And he drowned near the shore, about 5 feet lol....

Poor Pikas

I'm not sure what there is to LOL about. Someone died. That's not funny.

Sorry if I sound harsh. When I was a junior, one of our pledges drown...in a lake. It was not at all funny. And no, we didn't kill him. It was an accident. He couldn't swim, and he was embarassed to tell anyone, so nobody was watching him when he went in the water. It was absolutely horrible for everyone involved.

So, actually, it's not funny.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Actually further reflection on this has better refined my answer.

The case here is much similar to yours only it had less to do with "afraid to tell others and no one was watching" with an 18 year old drinking as much booze as he can and jumping in with 15 other 18 year olds in freezing water and popping up dead the next morning...no one even noticed all that time.

So I don't really feel much sympathy for the guy...though no one should HAVE to die.

But when it's in the hands of the person dying, I tend to show less remorse.

Especially since they were totally breaking the law anyways...there fate is entitled to do as it will and I'm not one to question fate's judgement.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
The case here is much similar to yours only it had less to do with "afraid to tell others and no one was watching" with an 18 year old drinking as much booze as he can and jumping in with 15 other 18 year olds in freezing water and popping up dead the next morning...no one even noticed all that time.

So I don't really feel much sympathy for the guy...though no one should HAVE to die.

But when it's in the hands of the person dying, I tend to show less remorse.

Especially since they were totally breaking the law anyways...there fate is entitled to do as it will and I'm not one to question fate's judgement.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by FreeMason]

Wow, you are quite the paragon of compassion. Are you by chance a republican?

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey unusual...guess who....

Another TKE. There are some interesting postings on this messagbe board. I do however notice lots of questions with very few answers in most message threads....

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
If that was intended as a sarcastic act, which I believe it was, then understand my response was written with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

No need to get heated over it, it was harmless.

And yes, I am a class act thank you very much : )

Who tongue was in your cheek !

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I guess it's alright to post on-topic here sooo....

I'm a member of Zeta Beta Tau.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumpy
Hey unusual...guess who....

Good old Stumpy. So nice to "see" you again.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am a Sigma Kappa alumna. You can find me checking out the threads regarding fraternity/sorority info. u2u me if you have an interest in discussing these organizations, as my Greek experience is one I feel passionately about

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not sure I should "jump into" a thread that's gone astray so quickly...but here goes.

I'm a Kappa Alpha Order alum (initiated 1987) I'm also a Free Mason a Knight of Pythias and member of some other fraternal societies. ...and I collect fraternal society ritual/ceremonial books.

Regards

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
active pike here
I would like to join the masons but don't know how. Maybe some masons around here could help me with that. I will be moving in December so should i try to join a lodge here or wait till i move.

I am also a ritual collector and always looking for more. u2u me for info.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by qwerty99]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Qwerty all you have to do is ask. They cant invite you, so that means you must initiate all contact with your local lodge. I am currently petitioning my lodge, and I will tell you that it is different in every state. Here in GA you must have your petition signed by another Master Mason from the area and then they assign an investigation committee to come and visit you and your wife if you have one. Nothing too serious they just ask questions about where you are from where you work, and what your about. It was a really nice visit in my case. Once the lodge receives the petition and the committee reports, then they will take a vote on allowing you to become an entered apprentice. Its been nothing but fun in my case so far. Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
...Bear with me its my first post.

I'm an Alpha Delta Pi at Middle tennessee State University
We started out as the first secret society for women and I think its great that our ritual isn't posted anywhere on this site.

......first. finest. forever......

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShesGotMoxie
...Bear with me its my first post.

I'm an Alpha Delta Pi at Middle tennessee State University
We started out as the first secret society for women and I think its great that our ritual isn't posted anywhere on this site.

......first. finest. forever......

Shhh! Don't speak too quickly or some bozo will post it!

Welcome aboard!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm a Bro./Frat. in the Masonic Order, Rosicrusian Order and Martinist Order

D

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
A question here, What's with the Greek names? As you can probably guess we don't really have frats the sororities in Australia.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
New member here....thought I'd expand my spheres of interest.

I'm a Sigma Alpha Epsilon from Lewis & Clark College, 1994

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
yOU KNOW FREEMASON YOU SURE DO HAVE A BIG MOUTH AND I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU WERE TAUGHT TO ACT/TALK THAT WAY ABOUT A FELLOW FRATERNAL MAN, SO I WOULD HOPE THAT YOU WOULD HAVE ENOUGH MORALS TO APOLIGIZE TO THE YOUNG GENTLEMEN FOR YOUR RUDENESS.

PHI PHI K A

-S&C

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualSuspect
I just thought I'd take an informal poll to see how many fraternity and sorrority members post here regularly.

I'm an alumnus of Tau Kappa Epsilon.

I saw in another thread that "batman" is also in a fraternity.

So, who else here is a frat boy?

I am an alum of Chi Omega Sorority

[edit on 10-9-2004 by NORA04NOR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join