It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else thought about this type of afterlife?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: infolurker

Jesus did not have a clue as to what black holes and singularities were.

Or if he did the bible seems to have skipped over that part somewhat.

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

John 3:12 and scripture aside, plus talk about a cop out. LoL

What you are after is proof which remains to be seen.

Good luck with that.

I think you may find according to your good book, in the beginning there was the word, and not a singularity.

edit on 16-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I know I am composed of matter and I know I am aware of myself within that matter. What makes me aware and gives me the ability to create abstract thoughts, I have to assume, is my mind. What my mind is composed of and where it sits is unknown to me. I know my body uses energy to exist but does my mind use or need energy to exist, or is it completely outside of anything physical?

My physical being changes with age...deteriorates, as the law insists...but my mind seems to stay untouched even develops and expands without having to grow in physical size. Will it become trapped inside a useless shell?

I know my composition and energy at that point will go elsewhere when I die, which is a wonder in itself. Where will my mind go when the vehicle of my physical body is gone? What a question that is and it will remain unanswered to me until I actually die.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
I know my composition and energy at that point will go elsewhere when I die, which is a wonder in itself. Where will my mind go when the vehicle of my physical body is gone? What a question that is and it will remain unanswered to me until I actually die.

Speaking of death, Psalm 146:4 says: “His spirit [or, life-force*; Hebrew, from ruʹach] goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (NAB, Ro, Yg, and Dy [145:4] here render ruʹach as “spirit.” Some translations say “breath.”)

*: See also for example Psalm 104:29, which says: “If you take away their spirit [Hebrew, ruʹach], they die and return to the dust.” Also showing that ruʹach is referring to one's life-force in that context.

Keep in mind though that the Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma, often translated “spirit,” have a number of meanings. All of them refer to that which is invisible to human sight and gives evidence of force in motion. The Hebrew and Greek words are used with reference to (1) wind, (2) the active life-force in earthly creatures, (3) the impelling force that issues from a person’s figurative heart and causes him to say and do things in a certain way, (4) inspired expressions originating from an invisible source, (5) spirit persons, and (6) God’s active force, or holy spirit.​—Ex 35:21; Ps 104:29; Mt 12:43; Lu 11:13.

So at Ps 104:29 and 146:4 it's definition 2. And just in case it wasn't obvious to you, “his thoughts do perish” includes the mind (or just another way of putting it). So when you die, your thoughts/mind perishes, i.e. ceases to exist; according to the Bible, the word of truth given to us by the One with intricate knowledge of these things, being our Creator after all, and honestly sharing this information with us, being the God of truth after all. Of course, those who don't put much stock in the Bible's teachings, will remain in the dark about this subject. And can be easily deceived by the one referred to in the Bible as "the father of the lie", by means of the teachings of various myths/false stories about this subject, such as:

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal (One Myth Leads to Another)

Leading to:

Myth 2: The Wicked Suffer in Hell
edit on 1-3-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There's a problem here with two matters: the ultimate fate of the Sun and karma.

centrifugal says that the Sun will go supernova, but it won't. Only much bigger stars do that. The Sun will go through a red giant phase and then shrink and become a white dwarf, if I remember this correctly.

Karma is a fantasy if the Builder of Worlds is all-seeing and all-powerful. It can't be such a Thing if It is unable to see the future, which by its own definition is unknowable, so that the quality of being all-seeing implies timelessness, and this means that everything exists simultaneously, so that there is no principle of causality, and life is a simulation that makes us believe that all effects have a cause. Consequently whatever happens to us happens for a psychological reason, happens because our character makes it necessary, not because we did something or did not do something in a past incarnation. Effect follows cause so that the story will appear logical to us, and not chaotic.

... but if your idea of a Creator is that of a fallible one, trapped in time like Its creatures, then karma makes sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: centrifugal

Our Universe is thought to consist of three types of substance, normal matter, dark matter, and dark energy.

The normal matter being that which make up the stars, planets..........human beings and every other visible object in the our universe.

Did you copy that from:
www.esa.int...#:~

The Universe is thought to consist of three types of substance: normal matter, ‘dark matter’ and ‘dark energy’.

Normal matter consists of the atoms that make up stars, planets, human beings and every other visible object in the Universe.

What is appearing now is light and that light is producing a light show...it appears out of the dark.
The dark is the source of all that appears.

John Wren Lewis had a near death experience and speaks about what occurred in this amazing interview:

"A man who understands the Tao in the morning may die with content in the evening." - Confucius.
edit on 1-3-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: centrifugalWhen it comes to existing in the human realm it is known by some as "mind only" school or living among beings that dwell in concepts and condition others to live and dwell in the same conceptual world making them all feel that there has to be something else. Then say that something else has to be god or whatever instead of the obvious of transcending that conditioning and concepts as an existence. In such a place it is the coming and going of beings through the various realms of existence but really thought forms that grasp concepts as real or existing continuously moving about... that if they were to stop then they would be able to return or find the source as it is put... fortunately such a thing can be discovered no matter the realm in hells and in heavens. You mentioned after a drug experience you had a mystical experience that drug experience allowed you to let go of those concepts and conditioning for however long... most people in the conditioned arising of things would say that you had break in reality that now you are insane as you are not now only questioning the nature or existence of reality but writing it or conceiving of it yourself as this way or that or the dreamer and the dream into some cognitive cannon and presenting it to others.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it as the activity of carrying water in a bucket is the same without the words or thought of someone carrying water in a bucket the phenomena still exists and in such a moment that is called ground or alaya consciousness. The good friend that the Gautama Buddha mentions is the dogma one learned that allows them to explain things so that others can lose the conditioning and attachment so they are not stuck in ignorance no matter the realm... born in hell? that dogma you learned is a good friend as it can lead you to remember the teachings(aka recollect the buddha) and practice the same as being reborn in heaven... as heaven and hell are not the escape or the goal... not being reborn in any of them in ignorance and the delusion that that can bring and condition you with is.

So no matter what when or why you find yourself keep practicing. It was a drug high needing to explain or philosophise anything further is too many steps ...otherwise known as jumping over nirvana right into death trying to offer more of an origin or beginning story isn't needed the fact of dependency is enough for that like waking up hungry is a first cause for being awake...

edit on 2-4-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: centrifugal

We're all superpositionally infinite.

Think about what M-theory actually says. When you run up the infinities of infinities you MUST exist and also not exist in every possible variation of both existing and not existing. Of course there will be the universes where your existence had more longevity.

My views are Theravada Buddhist. And one of the ignored aspects of Buddhism in Western countries is the concept of "non-self". Which is misleading, but basically is the opposite of Atman, or the concept of a higher or divine self.

In crudest terms:

Life is temporary, what you experience is all you get (Anicca), it will be hostile and impersonal (Dukkah), and there is no soul or divine self (Anatta).

With the rest being:

Just because life is cruel and indifferent doesn't mean ethics aren't completely beneficial, so work on eroding all the character defects the cruel indifference causes you. You'll be happier.

But that's just this universe. In other ones (possibly) my parents didn't lapse from their respective religions and raise us to decide our own.
edit on 2-4-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

That's right your body is composed of a different material than it was a year ago. Every fiber of your being is different,It is all information.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

NOT SELF
One cannot remove:
Greed from greed or hate from hate.
Delusion would think so!
Then demand so!
Recognizing greed as ones face and not ones face...
Recognizing hate as ones face and not ones face...
Then becoming a co-operating cause by not wearing either face?
A good cause! A worthy cause!
At which causes; No one would say: Hey!
Why are you not co-operating with greed?!?
Hey! Why are you not co-operating with hate?!?
Delusion, greed and hate would be that asking;
But that's just four faces on one person;
Wanting to add yet another face; Yours!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join