It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I support the Death Penalty and Public Execution!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is an example where the US judicial system fails, this man had done horrible things before and 24 times he was let go, back into society to harm young ones again. As the most hanus of crimes, these I feel deserve public executions! The Islamic folks have this one right I think. As a public duty you should have to witness this every so often, I firmly believe that if this was implemented in the United States that crimes of this nature would plummet.

This asshole was actually smirking when he told them the lie detector test was a waste of time!

I would gladly pay for the bullet.

Why I Support the Death Penalty and Public Execution!

Suspect in Florida child killing appears in court

LECANTO, Florida (CNN) -- A registered sex offender who police said confessed to kidnapping and killing 9-year-old Jessica Marie Lunsford appeared in a Florida courtroom Sunday.

Couey confessed to killing the girl after taking a lie-detector test on Friday, Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy said.

Police said Saturday they found Jessica's remains where Couey had told them he buried the girl -- behind his sister's house about 150 yards from the Lunsfords' home

Dawsy called Couey, who had been arrested 24 times in the past 30 years, "a piece of trash" and said he wants to see him "get the death penalty."

Living human excrement !

And what of the crimes of the associates involved?

Four other people associated with the residence where Couey had been staying were arrested on charges unrelated to the girl's death -- three for failing to notify authorities that Couey was at the home though they knew he was wanted by authorities -- Dawsy said. The other was detained for nonpayment of child support

These folks are real winners protecting a POS like this man.

Please even if you don't believe in the God I do, please pray for this type of crime to stop and pray for the family of this wonderful little girl

[edit on 20-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think it's inconsistent and hypocritcal to have a death penalty and NOT have public executions, so I agree with you there.

But you should know, it's mostly anti-death penalty people that want executions made public.

Donahue lost a case decades ago to televise one. He was found to be a bona fide news program, and an execution bona fide news... but the courts fell short and just said no because it wasn't dignified (or some such excuse).

My main thing with the death penalty is that it be fair. I'm not looking to overturn it, just enforce it fairly.

But yeah, the execution channel would be a big hit, no doubt.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I think it's inconsistent and hypocritcal to have a death penalty and NOT have public executions, so I agree with you there.

But you should know, it's mostly anti-death penalty people that want executions made public.

My main thing with the death penalty is that it be fair. I'm not looking to overturn it, just enforce it fairly.

But yeah, the execution channel would be a big hit, no doubt.

Wow RANT you always surprise me! I too would like it to be fair and in this case there is no doubt.....As for TV, I would be against that, I would think it is something that should be mandated in person as a civic duty.

I believe that seeing this and knowing that consequences of certain crimes are real and will happen would be a huge deterrent to those that contemplate committing the crime.

As for the anti-death people wanting it public, they look for the shock value that would come from this to someday ban it. Different motive I will agree.

We have to do something to not allow children to be hurt by the ANIMALS. I do not claim to have the answers, but obviously what we do now in insufficient to deter these crimes.

It is hard for me to believe that you agree with me even if only partially, maybe there is a compromise that would be satisfactory to the majority of the populace.....

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I believe that seeing this and knowing that consequences of certain crimes are real and will happen would be a huge deterrent to those that contemplate committing the crime.

We have to do something to not allow children to be hurt by the ANIMALS. I do not claim to have the answers, but obviously what we do now in insufficient to deter these crimes.

There's something so familiar about this picture...

So let's see... is this loud support of capital punishment - even public executions - mainly based on the wish to deter homicide?

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Durden]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

There's something so familiar about this picture...

So let's see... is this loud support of capital punishment - even public executions - mainly based on the wish to deter homicide?

Well actually , yes! It would deter it, but these 'more hanus' crimes need more hanus punishment.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well actually , yes! It would deter it,

Would it, now? You are aware of the actual consequence of capital punishment in practice - aren't you?

but these 'more hanus' crimes need more hanus punishment.

Is this the old 'eye for an eye'-logic?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

but these 'more hanus' crimes need more hanus punishment.

Is this the old 'eye for an eye'-logic?

So what you want to rehabilitate them? Tell that to the parents of the little girl who is now dead.

Leftists will never understand about this, for every one you rehabilitate, 10 are set free to rape and kill someone's kids!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So what you want to rehabilitate them?

Yes, I do. And in cases this can't effectively be done, we should keep them confined and off the streets.

Tell that to the parents of the little girl who is now dead.

So would you say that society should fuel the idea of violent retaliation as a manner of punishment - even when this doesn't prove to deter homicide, but actually quite the opposite?

Leftists will never understand about this, for every one you rehabilitate, 10 are set free to rape and kill someone's kids!

*Sigh*. Here we go again with this leftist-nonsense... Let's try and stick to the issue, k?

To clarify somewhat, let me ask you a question. What do you feel is the most important reason for having laws in a civilized society, and punish perpetrators of breaking those laws?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
OK I will but rehabilitation has shown to be a failure, you want them near your kids?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

OK I will but rehabilitation has shown to be a failure, you want them near your kids?

Like I said before, in cases where we are unable to properly rehabilitate these offenders we should absolutely keep them confined and off the streets.

So as to avoid repeating the very same questions that have been discussed before, here's quite an extensive thread covering the death penalty-issue and whether it should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Like I said before, in cases where we are unable to properly rehabilitate these offenders we should absolutely keep them confined and off the streets.

So how do you tell they are?

Think about that real hard.....I will tell you. They let them out! AKA the little girl in Florida.

Sure maybe some can be helped, but those are not the ones you hear about.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

So how do you tell they are?

So how do you tell which ones should be executed?

Think about that real hard.....I will tell you. They let them out!

Could this be you generalizing somewhat, possibly
?

Sure maybe some can be helped, but those are not the ones you hear about.

You're right. Those that doesn't respond to treatment are the ones you hear about. But does that in actuality support your argument or mine?

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Durden]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
OK fair enough, what about this guy? Was it overcrowding? Why was he let loose?

This is one that execution should be swift and public.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well if this particular individual had been kept incarcerated, there wouldn't have been a problem. So what's your point? Are you proposing arbitrary executions?

This is one that execution should be swift and public.

To what purpose, exactly?

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Durden]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't agree with public execution, because it'll become the same kind of thing as watching family members stab each other in the back and plot against each other to win a house - a perverted pleasure that puts us on the same base level as the murderer we're punishing.

And if *that* makes it onto TV... then there's nothing forbidden. Nothing will outrage people anymore... and you'll have pretty much anything on TV. How about a reality show where five people dying from kidney failure compete for one donor, and every week the public votes out a contestant?

As for the murderer in this case... I prefer a society that neither kills him, nor tries to rehabilitate him, but locks him up in isolation for the rest of his life, living in fear that the moment the guards look the other way, the other inmates will do a number on him... usually, inmates aren't fond of child molesters. At all.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There are alot of people out there that would not be detered by public execution. Many already feel that they have nothing to live for anyway like, the recent school shooter.
For many people like couey it is part of them, it is uncontrollable.

Public execution may deter some however. But I cannot offer a concrete opinion whether it should or should not be used, as I have been recently been reevaluating alot of my view on topics such as execution. Not that my views will change, but I found it necessary to reflect deeper into alot of things.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Perhaps he had served his time. If he wasn't sentenced to life, you can't keep him in for life.

If he was released because of overcrowding, blame the war on drugs, which seems to do nothing but fill our systems with petty criminals and jack up our homicide rate.

[edit on 22/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I disagree completely with my brother Ed. This sick person committed an evil crime. Should he be executed? It is the law of the land. Do i agree with it?no. Not until he repents, asks God for forgiveness, and accepts Jesus as his Savior. Then hang him. Yep, Jesus died so this pathetic person can have everlasting life.
I would not execute him for fear of sending him to everlasting hell. Yes, he deserves it but so does Ed and myself. If it took the rest of his life of hard suffering labor, he would get it if i had anything to do with it. Of course liberals would say that is cruel and unusual punishment. i would argue that it would be appropriate and just punishment.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
edsinger you cant support the death penalty and be against abortions it makes your stance on both issues look like a joke.
Do people really think that the death penalty deters people from commiting crimes? Thats pretty dumb when people commit crimes they think there going to get away with it.
All the death penalty dose is free up space so someone else can occupy a jail cell. In the USA it dose a poor job of that !

America the appeals process is so drawn out that there sometimes is no closure. The appellate process takes on average 10-12 years, and often, sentences are overturned or lessened. In many cases victims spend years waiting for the murderers' deaths, only to see their hope taken away.
That's also not true. Because the appellate process is so drawn out, executing someone actually costs a lot more than sentencing him or her to life in prison.

Those who can't afford attorneys often have poor representation (in Texas, for example, some defense attorneys have been occasionally known to sleep through trials)

source

Even if you support the death penalty you have to question the system when it can take up to 10 years to put someone to death.

The biggest problem with the death penalty is the fact that inocent people are put to death you cant give a dead man his freedom back.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
edsinger you cant support the death penalty and be against abortions it makes your stance on both issues look like a joke.

Quick justice should be a part of it agree, but for your question, I dont care!

You solve the issues with repeat offenders.

Does it deter? You bet it does, but to some it would not, but they will not get the second change to repeat the crime.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join