It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will PAY you for sleep!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I haven't been able to sleep for over three weeks! I might get an hour, maybe two, but that's it.

I am so exhausted, I don't even know what my name is half the time. I'm in this weird Twilight Zone, zombie, state. I know to let the dogs out, but beyond this I simply can't function anymore. This surgery has absolutely devastated me. I am nvothing.

I have gone 1,000 steps backwards from where I was before, and now I am completely crippled. I can't do anything!

I have a high pain tolerance, but this is on another level. There is just no way to get comfortable...ever.

I feel like the weakest, sorriest, stupid piece of human excrement known to man.

This sucks...and I'm very depressed. right now, i wish I would have never opted for the surgery! I'm a complete WRECK!!

I got nothin' else...sorry.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You're tough.

You can do this.

And start drinking.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yep. Welcome to sleep post shoulder surgery.

The best I could do was about 6 hours and that was always waking in the middle of the night to replace my ice pack. I told you it would become your bestest bud and I wasn't lying. Ice packs were the only way I could get sleep, that and certain arrangements of pillows. Also, sleep on an incline in a recliner if you can. I wasn't able to sleep lying flat, even with pillows arranged under and around my shoulder and arm and ice until almost a month out.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is the most demoralizing thing I have ever done!

I have a perpetually positive mental attitude, but this has brought me to my knees.

I am absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This is the most demoralizing thing I have ever done!

I have a perpetually positive mental attitude, but this has brought me to my knees.

I am absolutely nothing.

Oh stop! It gets better. I promise you it does. And because of this time right here, every little increment will have you grinning ear to ear.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I feel you.

I just spent a week in the ICU and another week in the hospital, and lost so much body muscle that I get winded just going to the bathroom.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

i got ya bud... try this

boil some water, and add a bag of chamomile tea... half a lemon juiced, 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar, and half a tsp of ground cinnamon...

drink that about 20 mins before bed...

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ice totally doesn't work with me. Ice is pure agony for me. The ice machine is gone; used it for two days and it hurt WAY worse than just leaving it alone! Ice SUCKS!!

There's like 6 pins in my shoulder. The ice gets on those pins and it radiates cold right down into the bone, and it's 10x more painful than anything I've known!!

not sure what else to say.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a few Xanax will help you sleep,the days will disappear.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hang in there. Take rest when you can and we’re rooting for ya. We are here for you

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Time for Ambien!
It fixed me after my back surgery

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I am so exhausted, I don't even know what my name is half the time. I'm in this weird Twilight Zone, zombie, state.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
CBD oil before bed or just smoke some MJ.

You don't need to get a high, just as a muscle relaxant and mild sedative.

Every human is different, what works well for one does not necessarily work for you.

So ... try them all, one at a time. Lots of ideas already!

P

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I didn't have the pins to deal with. Basically what you need is something that will deaden it just long enough to let you drop off. Then you should be good until you start to surface and do something dumb like shift position which will wake you up.

I had an easier time falling asleep at night because I'd be loosened up from the day (relatively speaking) and then take a hot/warm shower which further relaxed all the muscles/tendons/ligaments etc., and then that ice pack would deaden it enough to let me slip off.

The mid-night ice refresh was a harder time because everything had set up/stiffened up so I was already sorer, but the ice refresh would still usually deaden it enough to let me drop off again. Trying for a third round was out though. Too stiff, and no ice.

So basically, you're looking for something that will function like the ice. I doubt topical ointments will work well enough, but you can try.

edit on 27-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Delta-8 gummies.

They’re legal, look them up.

Thank me later.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This worked for me. Lean against a doorsill. You might think you cannot sleep standing up, but you can. Seven weeks straight, Brother.

There is a point where the pain just stops.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Extreme high mg THC edibles. The best indica you can get for sleeping. Sativa for daytime and functioning. It’s legal in Colorado.

My father does this for his extreme chronic pain. Mother Nature gave this to us for a reason.

Welcome back to functionality brother. 🍻

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Dang dude, you need something to knock youmoutnfor a bit.
Go buy some robaxacett and Tylenol 2s.
Take 2 robax, and 4 Tylenols...maybe even top off with a 10 mg melatonin.
You may get some sleep that way.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I went to see my doctor about my insomnia. He was pretty pissed off when I knocked on his door at 3AM.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I used to suffer from insomnia. For my whole life I had trouble getting and staying asleep.

Until I was in my late 30's. I just stumbled onto a cure that works for me. Maybe it will work for you?

When I lay down in bed for the night I create a fun imaginative scenario. I imagine things like what it would be like to have a super power but have it here in the real world. I imagine what I would do. i make sure the power has limits though because i found just imagining that I have the power of god isn't the same.

What I learned was that the more limits my powers have the more complex they are to use in a positive way the faster I fall asleep.
I've been doing that for 6 or 7 years now. It works so well that I never even get far into whatever scenario I'm coming up with. I've trained my brain to know that when I'm thinking about stuff like that , it's time for sleep.

The trick is to use that scenario to block out all the stressful thoughts that were keeping me awake.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join