It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Lockdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's the kind of stuff I am talking about. I accept that we should not be allowed to attack and insult other people, but for "Trump 2020"?... WTF is going on here?

edit on 26 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If used correctly Facebook is made up of your friends and interests and some adverts.

If you dislike it then your doing it wrong.

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: alldaylong

I understand there are some limits with the t&c and was more thinking along the lines of what the OP is talking about. I am meaning that they are getting out of hand with saying what is acceptable or not

I have never used Facebook and never will. So i have no idea what their T&C's are.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

That's the kind of stuff I am talking about. I accept that we should not be allowed to attack and insult other people, but for "Trump 2020"?... WTF is going on here?

Maybe they look at " Trump 2020 " as being a form of advertising. You could purchase the merchandise with that logo on i believe.

Who knows.
edit on 26-1-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
RE: Why am I still on Facebook?

Because I have friends over there. Because I can find the occasional good conversation with a thoughtful liberal - yes they exist. Because I can converse with people who aren't on this forum and share my ideology.

But most of all... because I can.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I understand there are some limits with the t&c and was more thinking along the lines of what the OP is talking about. I am meaning that they are getting out of hand with saying what is acceptable or not

I have never used Facebook and never will. So i have no idea what their T&C's are.

So you have no vested interest at all in whats going on because you dont use it , so it doesnt matter to you.

Might do you some good to brush up on your Niemöller

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

So you have no vested interest at all in whats going on because you dont use it , so it doesnt matter to you.

So that disqualifies me from commenting ?

Right, i see where you are coming from now.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You love to blab, it's cool, take off the shame hat.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You love to blab,

Don't we all.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
On facebook, I talk to real life friends, people who have a dog like mine, and a couple of other ATSers. I mostly post just dog pics. Sometimes, I might show food. All of my conservative facebook friends said they left for parler and then came back to facebook the very next day to see dog pics. They said nothing was going on at parler there other than angry ranting.
edit on 26 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Why you use FB ? You don't need that crap. Do this : When they let you in again, send them to hell and close your account.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
FB is limiting my posts so no one sees them.

Just before xmas I posted (on my own page which is just connected to friends) my thoughts that the covid measures were more detrimental long term to society than the actual risk. Right or wrong, I don't know and only time will tell. What I was trying to do was see if anyone I knew had had similar thoughts, nothing more. About 90% of people I know slammed me. Fine, they are entitled to their opinion but now even silly fun stuff I've posted isn't seen by anyone at all. This was the one and only one political post I've ever posted and it had no swears, no sketchy links, no pics, no illegal subject matter, no memes.

I'm closing my account.

Editing to add... I'm on fb because all my friends from my teen years are there and we have a private group. Also, I raise farm animals and there is a wealth of info contained in many of the pages including transport options (though fb shut down most of the best ones and the archives are now lost. This was due to pet people being offended by meat production, wanting to save every life and yet, so many farmers networked and problem solved through that collective knowledge in animal health.)
edit on 26-1-2021 by igloo because: had another thought

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The only good thing about Facebook in the last few years was the meme pages. There were some of the dankest memes on there with a whole array of brilliant pages. ‘God Emperor Trump’ and ‘Kim Jong Un’s dank meme storage facility’ being two of my personal favourites...

Alas, they were all zucced last year. Facebook might as well be lib-book these days. Its dead

edit on 26-1-2021 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2021 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

So that disqualifies me from commenting ?

Right, i see where you are coming from now.

Im sorry, where exactly did I say that? Weird, I dont see that anywhere, I do love how you cherry picked one line out of the full context of my reply.

Reminds me of the media

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I too gave up Facebook a long time ago.

I haven't missed it. Even though my job keeps sending me emails, telling me to go to their Facebook page. They know I don't have Facebook, and that I am not going to go to the page, it is just their way of trying to make me feel part of the team.

I had to give up Facebook because it was impossible to participate on Facebook and try to hold true to two of the mottos I try to live by.

Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?
-Marcus Aurelius-

A wise man is ever ready to overlook the faults of others, knowing he has many himself.
-Rex Shoaf-

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To hell with private corporations running their own business the way they see fit. Government needs to take them over with a minister of truth.

The min. of truth need to stop people from posting up pictures of their food first!! All social media needs to be government controlled.
edit on 26-1-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

I dont see that anywhere, I do love how you cherry picked one line out of the full context of my reply.

When someone makes a remark " It doen't matter to you " that comes across as a remark as to why am i even commenting.

Maybe you should make what you are TRYING to say, more clear. It's not that difficult don't you know.

That would be a start.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As I said it's how you use it.

I own and run groups on Facebook and get companies giving me free things because of them.

If you just use it to read what Sharron down the road thinks of trump or why she thinks covid is a scam that's your own fault.

originally posted by: KingDoey
a reply to: nonspecific

The only good thing about Facebook in the last few years was the meme pages. There were some of the dankest memes on there with a whole array of brilliant pages. ‘God Emperor Trump’ and ‘Kim Jong Un’s dank meme storage facility’ being two of my personal favourites...

Alas, they were all zucced last year. Facebook might as well be lib-book these days. Its dead

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I should make one of those “special quizzes” to see if Facebook is for you and have it go viral.

Questions like:

Is it more important to research and think about a topic or just go with how it makes you feel?

Should those impoverished be taught how to improve their situation in life or be kept for the harvesting of organs for more important people?

iOS or Android?

Mac or PC?

Star Wars or Star Trek as the more promising future?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
facebook is for children

And gossip mongers. I've never registered there, and I'm glad of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The best thing to do is to stay off of Facebook and Twitter. If you do have a account with them. Logon once in awhile. Or, go to Myspace or some other social network.

Yes Myspace is still around. It has new owners, you are limit on how much you can share; And the only ones that can see what you posted, are the ones that you are connected to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join