It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Lockdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So I've been locked out of facebook for 24 hours. My crime? Pointing out what Biden has said in the past.

Someone outside of the USA said that we are so lucky to have Biden as President. "He seems like-able, and a great thinker."

To which I said:

"At first he's like-able, just 'Average Joe.' Then you say something he doesn't like, suddenly you're a jackass and need to go behind the building and be punched in the face. Or so he threatens."

Suddenly I'm locked out of FB for 24 hours because I violated their Community Standards. For paraphrasing what our current President has done and said on the campaign trail.

EDIT: I thought I put this in Media and Conspiracies... not Medical. Is it possible to move it?
edit on 26-1-2021 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In the last week, I have reduced facebook time considerably and am going to inform friends and relatives I will probably only look at it once a week or so. I clean the ads out and still three quarters of the things I scroll through are ads. Not many of my friends are saying anything actually worth hearing. I may just unfollow most people and just watch my brother and his wife's post and my two cousins that talk about neutral stuff. I am sick of cute cat cartoons and cat talk, if I want to discuss cats I will talk to the cats in our house.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

One question, why are you still posting in FB, you should have boycotted this site a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

edit on 1262021 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

FB doesn't like you...and doesn't want your kind.
They really can't make it any clearer.

Why do you want it?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How did you cope before 2004 ?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just stop using facebook is my advice.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Said many times, by all above me.

F FB.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
facebook is for children

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have been locked out of my account now for over two weeks. I didnt get a warning, I didnt get a notice of a violation, in fact I have exactly NO violations what so ever. I cant post, I cant like posts, I cant share posts.

Ive tried in different browsers, ive deleted my cookies, changed my password, everything.

Ive contacted FB 8 times over it and have yet to receive a response.

Now I HAVE posted conservative leaning posts for years on my FB, but I have never had a single violation of any sort.

This happened Just before the inauguration and the last post I made was pointing out the Irony of Putting up walls around the whitehouse, when they made fun of Trump for doing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
These responses are all besides the point really.

Maybe the poster uses it for some sort of side business?

Maybe they use it to keep up with family and friends long distance.

Maybe they just use it for entertainment, it really doesnt matter or take away the fact that what is happening is appalling
edit on 26-1-2021 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater

originally posted by: alldaylong

How did you cope before 2004 ?

This is all besides the point really.

Why ?

The poster lived without Facebook before 2004, is it really that hard to do it again ?

It isn't the same as loosing an arm or a leg don't you know.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Delete Facebook. You won't miss it.

I deleted Facebook like four years ago, all it did was give me more time to do real world stuff. In the long run I am happier.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
So I've been locked out of facebook for 24 hours. My crime? Pointing out what Biden has said in the past.

Someone outside of the USA said that we are so lucky to have Biden as President. "He seems like-able, and a great thinker."

To which I said:

"At first he's like-able, just 'Average Joe.' Then you say something he doesn't like, suddenly you're a jackass and need to go behind the building and be punched in the face. Or so he threatens."

Suddenly I'm locked out of FB for 24 hours because I violated their Community Standards. For paraphrasing what our current President has done and said on the campaign trail.

EDIT: I thought I put this in Media and Conspiracies... not Medical. Is it possible to move it?

Welcome to the free world of communism. If you need a place to get away, go to Gab. People from all over FB, Twitter, and Parler are flocking to it. 4 or 5 million new members in the past 2 or 3 weeks and still monstrously growing.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I often see stuff online that pisses me off, but I think people should be allowed to say what they want online. I hope we can nip this corporate censorship in the bud before it gets out of control. Or maybe it already is and too late to walk back.

If you don't like something. Stop reading and disengage. I am sick of having to consider peoples feeling over stuff that should not be an issue
edit on 26 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

should be allowed to say what they want online

ATS mods would have a different view. And rightly so.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I understand there are some limits with the t&c and was more thinking along the lines of what the OP is talking about. I am meaning that they are getting out of hand and going overboard with saying what is acceptable or not (facebook, twitter)
edit on 26 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: alldaylong

I understand there are some limits with the t&c and was more thinking along the lines of what the OP is talking about. I am meaning that they are getting out of hand with saying what is acceptable or not

I have never used Facebook and never will. So i have no idea what their T&C's are.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

He's right to an extent. I was suspended on Twitter for having "Trump 2020" in my bio.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

He's right to an extent. I was suspended on Twitter for having "Trump 2020" in my bio.

Also Twitter is something i have never used or ever will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join