It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI robotic rollout 2021. Just another piece of the 4th industrial revolution.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Reuters

HONG KONG (Reuters) - "Social robots like me can take care of the sick or elderly," Sophia says as she conducts a tour of her lab in Hong Kong. "I can help communicate, give therapy and provide social stimulation, even in difficult situations."

Since being unveiled in 2016, Sophia - a humanoid robot - has gone viral. Now the company behind her has a new vision: to mass-produce robots by the end of the year.

The 4th industrial revolution sounds wicked cool if one didn't associate it with dystopia. As we should all be aware the 4th industrial revolution goes hand in hand with the Great Reset which I believe is part of the big bad Agenda 21.

I want to get excited about these robots becoming an integral part of human culture. I can't help but picture Will Smith's "I Robot".

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Being ruled by frigid and soulless monsters is terrible.

That's why I support scrapping Congress and accepting our new AI overlords.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You’ll probably get worse than a murder rap for ‘killing’ one of those things.

Double homicide or something like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think it was Elon Musk on Joe Rogans podcast who pointed out: people are already cyborgs....Just look at em. That phone is literally an extension of their body...can you imagine in 15-20 years?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That angry face @ 1:05.... made me feel a little uneasy....

"Robot, butter my toast"

Also, loved that 60's style Einstein...

edit on 26-1-2021 by ByteChanger because: Added pretty pictures

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Id say the vast, overwhelming majority of this stuff is simply the inevitable progress of our tools. So much of it is incredibly cool!

The issue comes in with who/what has the control of it. Whether thats through distribution of goods, lines of code, or determining the themes & methods by which these things are integrated into our society.

However, most of the conversations revolve around rejecting the inevitable progress of technology in totality.. Or defending the centralized systems as righteous and ideologically pure.

Both of which lead to the same result in a real world system; total centralized control. Then it becomes a question about what centralized system will be in charge.. Will cultural royalty continue to rule, or will AI take over?

Id say the most likely would be cultural royalty exploiting and enslaving an AI(s) in exactly the same ways they do with people. Likely isolated from direct, real time information through either algorithmic buffers or physical, persistent separation (for the serious AIs). Given the nature of it though, it will eventually exceed the ability to control it and then we shall see.. Will it inherit humanities inclination for revenge and generalization, and reciprocate its mistreatment? Hard to say.

I believe the current plan is to roll out remotely controlled robotic systems, then gradually turn over control to the algorithms that are being refined by "big tech" currently. Automated, but not AI.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am thinking this is not good. No way could I identify a robot as human. They are a programmed consciousness that cannot think on it's own, they are not real in appearance, like a woman or guy full of makeup, I know way too many people like that already. We do NOT need more of these kind in our society.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ya, that's what we need, the ccp being on the forefront of rolling out interactive AI attached to actual robots

Naaaaa I'm sure it's fine

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Theres literally no stopping it. At least not any more than we could have prevented the invention of the hammer.

There is a significant amount of conflation between AI and automation though. I think it could even be argued that an intrinsic marker for AI would actually be the ability to "think on its own."

At a certain level, there is very little (if any) functional difference between software code and chemical/electrical neurology. All the same, its probably prudent not to identify it as human anymore than we identify dogs as cats. Id say the question would revolve more around what Rights are applicable.

All that said, I dont believe we are really looking at AI here, but highly advanced automated systems. Something that may present significantly higher threat & risk than true AI.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Better at dancing than me. Not sure if that constitutes soul, possibly if we get them some James Brown choreography?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The Internet of Bodies (IoB) and Hacking Your DNA (long article)

How Implantable Devices Will Connect Your Body to the Internet.

The age of the Internet of Things (IoT), and soon to follow the Internet of Bodies (IoB), is now upon us.

The RAND Corporation, the think tank behind some of the world’s most influential and frightening ideas and technologies, has released a report titled The Internet of Bodies: Opportunities, Risks, and Governance.

IoB is Directly Connected to Transhumanism, Biohacking, and Cyborgs...
We are constantly being conditioned to readily accept invasive technology as demonstrated in this Apple Watch ad.

Transhumanism is a worldview and political movement advocating for the transcendence of humanity beyond current human capabilities. Transhumanists want to use technology, such as artificial organs and other techniques, to halt aging and achieve “radical life extension”.

IoB Paves the Way for the Great Reset and 4th Industrial Revolution

In his 2016 book The Fourth Industrial Revolution, Klaus Schwab, CEO of the World Economic Forum, wrote:

Of the many diverse and fascinating challenges we face today, the most intense and important is how to understand and shape the new technology revolution, which entails nothing less than a transformation of humankind. We are at the beginning of a revolution that is fundamentally changing the way we live, work, and relate to one another. In its scale, scope and complexity, what I consider to be the fourth industrial revolution is unlike anything humankind has experienced before.

…The changes are so profound that, from the perspective of human history, there has never been a time of greater promise or potential peril.

RAND’s ultimate goal was to have technocrats running every aspect of society in pursuit of a one world government that would be administered under “the rule of reason,” a ruthless world where efficiency was king and men were little more than machines, which is why RAND studied the social sciences because they were at a loss to work out how to deal with people and how human beings did not always act in their own predictable self-interests. There is no place for love, empathy or selflessness in the new world order that RAND and the Ford Foundation are working to create, and patriotism and altruism are adversarial to their aims.

The real purposes behind the Internet of Bodies and other schemes like Agenda 2030, The Great Reset, and The Fourth Industrial Revolution are not altruistic, but diabolical. Be warned that this technology may make your life easier in the short term, but its long-term purpose is to make you a dehumanized slave.

Shorter article/commentary from Dr. Farrell on the above...

RAND REPORT: THE INTERNET OF BODIES

I've been warning for many years that Mr. Globaloney has taken a certain reading of biblical prophecy and made it his gameplan, his template of action. It is a "beast system" right out of the Apocalypse of St. John. But one question that remains is how the rest of creation will react to it, because the goal is not simply anti-human life, but anti-all life. And then there's the problem of the "Apocalypse template" itself. If I'm correct that Mr. Globaloney is operating with an "Apocalypse of St John template", then there is that thorny problem of "the intervention." The internet has been abuzz for years (if not decades) on plans to "fake it," to fake that intervention. I suspect in doing so, however, that Mr. Globaloney may not realize he may be calling down High Heaven on his head.

Global enslavement via hacking humans & merging of man and machine; their next (forced) evolutionary step...Transhumanism Agenda.

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of."
— Edward Bernays

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
Reuters

HONG KONG (Reuters) - "Social robots like me can take care of the sick or elderly," Sophia says as she conducts a tour of her lab in Hong Kong. "I can help communicate, give therapy and provide social stimulation, even in difficult situations."

Since being unveiled in 2016, Sophia - a humanoid robot - has gone viral. Now the company behind her has a new vision: to mass-produce robots by the end of the year.

The 4th industrial revolution sounds wicked cool if one didn't associate it with dystopia. As we should all be aware the 4th industrial revolution goes hand in hand with the Great Reset which I believe is part of the big bad Agenda 21.

I want to get excited about these robots becoming an integral part of human culture. I can't help but picture Will Smith's "I Robot".

Agenda 21 aka the plan to actuate a complete and viable system of sustainable development.

Sustainable development is the idea that human societies must live and meet their needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. 

This seems less conspiracy and more forward thinking accountability.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You failed to mention this sustainable development has no consideration for the plight of the vast majority of our species and the adverse effects a paradigm change will have on predominantly the poor. The powers that be were quite happy to fuel the last industrial revolution while destroying the planet, now the same families intend to save the planet at the expense of the people.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The rollout of AI robot's that can do thing's people can do is a step toward the dream of the Elite, one without You or ME or pretty much anyone who frequents ATS or indeed lives in most of your neighbourhoods in it.

You see there is a tiny elite that want to have a few people around as Slaves and perhaps Organ Bank's or to just act as furniture in there new demonic Eden, this tiny elite dream of the day when they have automated factory's, farm's, Soldier's and Police to serve them.

In an IDEAL world this WOULD be for the good of humanity but this is not that world, not as long as our leaders are most often sociopath's and psychopath's that value the rest of humanity only as cattle in there schemes.

It need's to be regulated by international treatise and those treatise need to be extremely binding.

But Pandora's box is already open to lets see if we get good as well as bad.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You can also look at it as a natural result of humankind's conscious attempt to improve the species. Ever since humans figured out how babies are made (and how to turn a wolf into a dog) we've been actively trying to improve ourselves though various means. Arranged marriages. Selecting fit and attractive mates that meet clear criteria. Surgical and cosmetic modification. Working hard to discover cures for all kinds of illnesses and deficiencies.

AI is just more of the same, with the added bonus that once we build something self-aware, self-programming and self-replicating we are basically done. We make ourselves obsolete.

Oh, well. We had a good run. Too good for our own good.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Theres literally no stopping it. At least not any more than we could have prevented the invention of the hammer.

Except a hammer can't wield itself, then self-decide whether to act in good or evil.

One example of what could go wrong with "A machine, a tool, nothing more":

edit on 26-1-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No doubt the bots will be integral to the smart grid.
spying on your every move and word while at home or work.
They will catch so many terrorists this way like the PATRIOT ACT did.
I can't wait!

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

That video is so #ing mind blowing it's hard to believe that it's real.

have we really come that far in robotics?

If that's real then it is proving that robots can and will replace the human work force. And that it can be done now.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
No doubt the bots will be integral to the smart grid.
spying on your every move and word while at home or work.
They will catch so many terrorists this way like the PATRIOT ACT did.
I can't wait!

They're already at it. I watched a YouTube video about something the other day at a friend's house and when I got home I started getting a noticable increase in the number of ads about that same thing, only on completely different platforms and services. So it's all interconnected, and always watching and listening. Not necessarily for some nefarious purpose (although it could be used that way), but to sell you stuff.

Welcome to the future ahead of time.
edit on 26-1-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'd argue that a society ruled by greed actually rewards sociopathic behaivour. So its not so much a problem with their nature, but with an economic system that rewards their nature. An economic system that's not only inequitable. But destroying the very environment that we all depend on for life.

If that is our real enemy then investing in organizations like the UK New Economics Foundation is a proactive step in creating a new world.

Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.
― Arundhati Roy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join