It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Reintroduces A Constitutional Amendment To Impose #TermLimits on Members of Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think all sides can agree on this one (maybe). Of course I assume this will go nowhere as I doubt members from either party will vote to limit their ability to receive lobbyist money and campaign contributions to only a few years.

Anyone not agree with this and why?

twitter.com...

Today my colleagues and I reintroduced a constitutional amendment to impose #TermLimits on Members of Congress. The amendment would limit U.S. senators to two six-year terms and members of the U.S. House of Representatives to three two-year terms.

edit on 25-1-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sorry. . .but. . .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-Covid cough on a Karen-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Every night when my head hits the pillow I pray for these things. Then I pray for my families health.

In all seriousness... Term limits would go a long way with fixing the sh!t storm we are currently in. The other things would as well. I still think the terms should be shorter than what he is asking for though. But at least he had the fortitude to bring up what everyone is for (besides those that benefit from the current system of course).

If only that fortitude came at a time when the possibility was at least a pipe dream instead of a time of not a snowballs chance in hell. C’est la vie.
edit on 1/25/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Clearly what the people want and clearly what will be shot down by the peoples representation.

Cuts right to the heart of what's wrong with the US.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The biggest thing that I love about this is that it’ll show just how f*cking self-serving congress is when they shoot this down.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Might as well ask a union to take a pay cut or an ex wife to lower child support.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

We know that won't happen in a million years. But, it kind of says, "The People aren't happy with Congress these days, and are making noises". I think Congress's approval rating is about 13% right now. Not good. Not good.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

We know that won't happen in a million years. But, it kind of says, "The People aren't happy with Congress these days, and are making noises". I think Congress's approval rating is about 13% right now. Not good. Not good.

I just want to know who in the purple f#ck is part of the 13%?

Because I will slap the white off their teeth when I find them!

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I like Cruz, he is a good politician in the swamp, but I agree this will never happen, the queens and kings political career trash will rather die while holding power.

Is hilarious we had some that have actually died sitting in congress of old age.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would assume they would be the mentally challenged.

So, you might want to hold back on the teeth slapping.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We can only dream. I hope this goes somewhere, but I don't have high hopes for them to give up their reign.
edit on 25 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Clearly what the people want and clearly what will be shot down by the peoples representation.

Why can't this be introduced as something to vote on? Let's pretend Dominion doesn't exist for a second.

link   

I would assume they would be the mentally challenged.

So, you might want to hold back on the teeth slapping.

If you don't want me to bitch-slap leftists, then just come out and say it!

link   

Congress’ approval rating has consistently been 8-15% for the past 14 years.

This is actually one of their better times. Which is just really, really sad.
edit on 2512021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: JinMI

Why can't this be introduced as something to vote on? Let's pretend Dominion doesn't exist for a second.

They did a preliminary vote of term-limits using a Dominion machine.

The results were, 3% for term-limits and 97% for Biden.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I think all sides can agree on this one (maybe). Of course I assume this will go nowhere as I doubt members from either party will vote to limit their ability to receive lobbyist money and campaign contributions to only a few years.

Anyone not agree with this and why?

It's a trap.

Do you really want to have this Congress and President to convene a Constitutional Convention to make changes to the Constitution? You wouldn't get term limits, but you can guarantee the 1st and 2nd Amendments would be scrapped, along with a few others.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I believe it, my vote did not count darn it.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Senator Ted Cruz may not want to get ahead of himself here.

Imposing term limits , Is imposing limits on there Power .

And those who challenge there Power do not have happy endings.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I doubt he is doing this for altruistic reasons. He is being targeted by the Lincoln project.

Regardless of why he is doing it, I applaud the slimeball.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join