It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mask May Not Be Enough. How About Wearing Two...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Omy my God! I hate scientists telling my to put cloth on my face so me and my loved ones have a lesser chance at dying.

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Do you hate scientists at the CDC telling you that you have a greater than 99% chance of living, if you get this virus?

Yes, it's very reassuring. I'm not in a high-risk group. But a 1% chance of death is well worth a mask. Or just wearing one to lessen those not as fortunate as me in health.

Have you been wearing a mask your whole life? Because your chance of dying from the flu is and has been magnitudes greater than dying from covid-19.

Why haven’t you been wearing a mask to protect against the flu, your whole life?

So by your logic now, you are going to need to wear a mask around for the rest of your life. Even if covid 19 gets eradicated and you get that vaccine and this big giant scary covid-19 threat is over, you have a bigger than 1% chance of death from the flu.

So, you will be wearing the mask for the rest of your life, correct?

Covid is not the flu. That's why.

Of course, you didn’t answer the question.

Of course, none of this matters.

A mask? Two? it's politics and anger.

Stupid, useless anger. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Of course Chinese factories need more orders for PPE.
Isn't this whole pandemic about giving them more business?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Omy my God! I hate scientists telling my to put cloth on my face so me and my loved ones have a lesser chance at dying.

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Do you hate scientists at the CDC telling you that you have a greater than 99% chance of living, if you get this virus?

Yes, it's very reassuring. I'm not in a high-risk group. But a 1% chance of death is well worth a mask. Or just wearing one to lessen those not as fortunate as me in health.

Have you been wearing a mask your whole life? Because your chance of dying from the flu is and has been magnitudes greater than dying from covid-19.

Why haven’t you been wearing a mask to protect against the flu, your whole life?

So by your logic now, you are going to need to wear a mask around for the rest of your life. Even if covid 19 gets eradicated and you get that vaccine and this big giant scary covid-19 threat is over, you have a bigger than 1% chance of death from the flu.

Non sequiter now, huh? I’m just asking you why you haven’t been wearing a mask for years, since the flu is magnitudes more deadly than covid-19. I’m just asking if you are going to continue to wear the masks or three after you get the covid-19 vaccination and the “pandemic” is over (as it will soon be, as many of us have predicted), since even though the covid “threat” sill be gone, the flu threat will still be there, and you said that even the 1% chance you have of dying from covid is too big of a risk for you to take, so you will still wear the masks.

Then I pointed out that the chance of dying from the flu is way higher, so by your logic, you are going to be wearing masks for the rest of your life.

But you haven’t answered that question, because you don’t want to showcase your lack of critical thinking on this covid issue, and reveal how you have let yourself be twisted into complete nonsense.

If you’re angry about the way you’ve been manipulated, that seems reasonable. But I don’t agree with you that your anger is useless; you can recognize that your anger is the sign that you know you’ve met yourself down. Use it to become un-stupid.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Non sequiter now, huh? I’m just asking you why you haven’t been wearing a mask for years, since the flu is magnitudes more deadly than covid-19. I’m just asking if you are going to continue to wear the masks or three after you get the covid-19 vaccination and the “pandemic” is over (as it will soon be, as many of us have predicted), since even though the covid “threat” sill be gone, the flu threat will still be there, and you said that even the 1% chance you have of dying from covid is too big of a risk for you to take, so you will still wear the masks.

Then I pointed out that the chance of dying from the flu is way higher, so by your logic, you are going to be wearing masks for the rest of your life.

But you haven’t answered that question, because you don’t want to showcase your lack of critical thinking on this covid issue, and reveal how you have let yourself be twisted into complete nonsense.

If you’re angry about the way you’ve been manipulated, that seems reasonable. But I don’t agree with you that your anger is useless; you can recognize that your anger is the sign that you know you’ve met yourself down. Use it to become un-stupid.

We know the flu.

We don't know covid, it's new. I think precautions, extra ones, are ok.

A lot of people have died of flu, this year, every year. But now we have a new one. An ADDITION.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Osterhol m rebuts Dr. Fauci

I wonder which one will get the axe? Whenever someone contradicted Fauci under Trump, they were pushed out. This time, it's one of Biden's COVID advisors rebuking Fauci.

“In terms of using the face cloth coverings, doubling them, actually we need to be very careful about that,” he said. “That may actually be counterproductive, not helpful. We know, and I’m not an aerobiologist, but we know that in fact they may actually impede the movement of air in and out and causing it to actually escape in the big crevices between the cloth and your face. That’s a bigger problem, not a lesser problem than one.”

He continued: "If you get too thick of cloth the air doesn't move through it efficiently, you feel suffocating and the air then moves in and out of the cracks. So that's why we have to be very careful about people making recommendations right now about double masking and so forth without really having the data to support that..."

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join