It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godzilla vs Kong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I’m thinking mechagodzilla will be making an appearance.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I got emotional, almost want to cry. My 2 biggest heroes in a film.

I hope they become friends at the end. I'll hate to see one of them die. Please don't.

I hate to break the bad news to you, but "ONE WILL FALL"...

That's cruel.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Ghidorah was even better.

It could fly and it had 3 heads.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I hope they become friends at the end. I'll hate to see one of them die. Please don't.

They already did a Godzilla vs. King Kong movie, back in 1962. It was a savage battle, and in the end King Kong survived and swam back to shore, but it was also theorized that Godzilla too may have survived (no doubt reserving the possibility of further Godzilla movies).

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

They already did a Godzilla vs. King Kong movie, back in 1962. It was a savage battle, and in the end King Kong survived and swam back to shore, but it was also theorized that Godzilla too may have survived (no doubt reserving the possibility of further Godzilla movies).

Yeah, I think I saw part of the movie but couldn't watch the end or I subconsciously erased from my memory. I can't handle it, I CAN'T !

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There were two different endings to the original. The Japanese version Godzilla was victorious and swam away...and in the American it was Kong.

My prediction is they go Justice League and fight a common foe. Like maybe Mecha-Ghidora.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just had a random thought about this movie.

Look, Im a godzilla fan and let me tell you why. He is the great equalizer. When things go wrong on a large scale godzilla appears like a wild fire to cleanse the earth and bring back its balance. Ahhh balance. Good ol’ Japanese and balance.

Now kong. Kong is a lonely giant primate who loves to befriend human woman and guard them at all costs. If humans were to set kong free on his island he would disappear and cause no trouble. But! If you combine the human hubris and a giant apes libido there is going to be trouble.

What we are left with is a giant ape who wants to be left alone and do monkey business but cant be because of human interaction and Godzilla! the great equalizer who is there to rebalance the earths natural flow.

Pssst. Godzilla is way cooler

Oh yeah, he also has laser breath. I mean, c’mon now.
edit on 3-2-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Forget the cgi or plot lets get to what really matters. So which one was made transgender or female , kong or Godzilla ?

edit on 40228America/ChicagoThu, 04 Feb 2021 22:40:11 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just watched it. They made some changes to things but it is still a mostly fun movie. If you like big, giant monster fights, you'll like this movie.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: gortex

What are we on now...
Fast and furious 30?

It doesn't have to be cinematic genius to make money.

Avatar drew $2 billion and it was just dances with wolves in space.

Actually, it was more like Pocahontas than Dances with Wolves, you've let South Park affect your opinion (perhaps?). Pocahontas is the story of "an English soldier and the daughter of an Algonquin chief share a romance when English colonists invade seventeenth century Virginia." (quoting IMDB)

That's much more like the Avatar romance than Dances with Wolves, although I guess there are some similarities there as well, but you don't get obvious similarities like this (see both pictures, one is a picture of the story of Pocahontas written as text, and then names of characters, places, and other details specific to the Pocahontas film are crossed out and replaced with their counterparts from Avatar. This illustrates the high similarity between the two.):

Pocahontus in Space | CCTP748: Media Theory and Digital Culture

Good guess on this one though:

My guess is that these two will fight until they find a common enemy or the Godzilla we see is a fake one like the mechagodzilla from the Japanese version.

The common enemy turning out to be Mechagodzilla.

I can't believe anyone would really prefer any of the cheap Japanese versions of Godzilla though, where Godzilla looks like a children's toy in a miniature version of a city (which also looks cheap and crappy). The OP seems to suggest he prefers watching "a few" of those. I doubt if the OP regularly watches movies online, he/she would actually pick cheap Japanese versions they've already seen over a big blockbuster with lots of eyecandy they haven't seen.

At the cinema, you don't get a choice. It's the big blockbuster or nothing. The footballclub Feyenoord in the Netherlands has a credo: 'no words, but actions', which is the Dutch saying for 'put your money where your mouth is'. In this case, you can only prove it when choosing what to watch online (for free). That's when you really know what someone prefers to watch first, whatever issues they might have with a big blockbuster.

As for me, I've got major issues with Avatar (the Pocahontas storyline parts), but it's still near the top of my binge re-watch list (tier 1, see my thread about this list). I've got a fastforward button for the Pocahontas scenes. Godzilla v Kong, just like all the Monsterverse movies, has awesome eyecandy in it. I'd never trade that in for a cheap Japanese version when choosing which movies to watch online. I have a feeling, that in spite of all the complaining, this might be the same for many others that have issues with the big blockbusters not quite being what they had hoped for, or what they were expecting (demanding) from such a high budget movie. And that's fine, cause it's the same for me, but that doesn't make any of the Japanese versions really preferrable when it comes down to a choice (so they say they're better, but they won't really go and try to find a free online version to watch these Japanese versions, not putting what their mouth is saying into action, to combine the Dutch and English sayings I mentioned earlier. Just a feeling...)

As for Godzilla vs Kong, I liked it. In spite of the blatant brainwashing and conditioning with evolutionary philosophies and propaganda as per usual (almost all modern Sci-Fi has some reference to it, some more than others, like the X-Men series or the modern Alien movies; I consider panspermia as part of one evolutionary storyline for the origin of human life from earlier different forms of life, or to kickstart that process). I noticed them even using this trick (giving King Kong human eyes as opposed to Gorilla eyes), explained from 4:27 - 5:19:

If you're going to watch anything else in that video, at least try to ignore or skip past the promotion of young earth creationism from 11:45 - 12:40 and after 13:36 (nothing interesting to see after 13:36 anyway). It will only mislead you regarding the real issues with evolutionary philosophies and propaganda.
edit on 19-8-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

When does Godzilla do a crossover film with the Fast and the Furious crew? Or maybe Kong can be in the Spiderman reboot as the lead character.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

To date none of the Godzilla films have been any good save a few of the Japanese films , ...

And which Japanese versions would that be that are 'better' (more preferrable to watch? More enjoyable or entertaining? Movies you would pick to watch over others that are not "any good"?) than the big blockbusters in the Monsterverse (except the one you already acknowledged, which I agree was the best) or Godzilla 1998 (also a blockbuster)? (the following list is from IMDB with the keyword "godzilla" sorted by number of votes, picking the Japanese ones with the most votes first)

Gojira (1954)? A $175,000 budget movie that looks like this:

Or a more modern version like Shin Gojira (2016)? A 15 million USD budget movie that looks like this:

Looks better, but still looks fake (when seen with background), and definitely not better than the Monsterverse godzillas, nor even the 1998 version.

King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963)? $200,000 budget:

Gojira: Kaijû Wakusei (2017)? No budget data but Gross worldwide: $3,285,291 (not many people actually went to see this one, in spite of any complaints they may have voiced about the Monsterverse versions or the 1998 version):

That's enough for now cause I'm already getting to the ones with less than 7500 votes, demonstrating that not that many people care about these Japanese versions, in spite of their grand expressions how much better these are than the Western blockbusters (possibly in an effort to demonstrate their appreciation for cultural art, since that's connected to the reason they watched them in the first place, to feel like they are doing so, if they've watched them at all; from my experience, they don't show them in the cinema nor on TV over here, so must have been online then somewhere, if available; and then I wonder, would they watch them a 2nd time, cause the first time takes care of the cultural aspects of watching these 50's and 60's movies, or even the modern Japanese ones, especially when it's only a couple of years ago that they've seen it/them).

I'd say, when it comes to quality Godzilla movies, there isn't that much choice, there are only the 1998 version + Monsterverse versions where Godzilla actually looks real and impressive (like he's actually there where he is depicted). And that should be priority nr.1 of a quality* Godzilla movie. *: i.e. 'good', or at least watchable, more watchable than movies that are so outdated or cheap that only a particular type of movie critic would talk about how much better they are than modern blockbusters (without actually going straight online to prove their point at least to themselves, see previous comment).
edit on 19-8-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join