It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Parler Saw During the 'Attack' on the Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This link is a ProPublica research page that purports to investigate "abuses of power". They are heavy left leaning. However, their research page is a great resource for hundreds of cell phone videos of the Capitol protest on January 6th. Many of them I've watched.

As supporters of President Donald Trump took part in a violent riot at the Capitol, users of the social media service Parler posted videos of themselves and others joining the fray. ProPublica reviewed thousands of videos uploaded publicly to the service that were archived by a programmer before Parler was taken offline by its web host. Below is a collection of more than 500 videos that ProPublica determined were taken during the events of Jan. 6 and were relevant and newsworthy. Taken together, they provide one of the most comprehensive records of a dark event in American history through the eyes of those who took part.

My conclusion after watching about half of the "Near Capitol" videos and all of the "Inside Capitol" videos is that, except for very few, minor incidents (broken glass), the protest was indeed a peaceful one and not a "violent riot" as they would like you to believe - as seen through the eyes of the protestors themselves.

Because there are so many cellphone videos, I'll list a few of the ones I found compelling. You can find them by sorting by "Around D.C.", "Near Capitol" or "Inside Capitol". You can also sort by timestamp. If there are more than one video for a timestamp you can scroll through them.

Near Capitol:

1:57 PM - Police put up no resistance and allow protestors to remove barracades and enter Capitol grounds.

2:06 PM - Police allow protestors inside the Capitol.

2:08 PM - Video taken standing on the front porch of the Capitol building shows a guy jumping up on a window sill and start kicking in windows. The police tackle him and the protestors are heard saying "Dude, this is my house!" and "they are just doing their job". Zero protestors interfere with the police and are, indeed, supporting them while they take the guy down.

2:12 PM - The crazy guy with the horns that has been splashed all over MSM is standing outside.

Inside Capitol:

2:22 PM - Protestors milling around the Rotunda. The crazy guy with the horns is posing for photographers. These photographers are not using cell phones. I believe they are professional photographers. Police are just casually walking around and watching.

2:29 PM - Shows protestors getting water from staged cases of water. This is strange, why would you want to make your attackers comfortable? I saw zero protestors carrying around 25 pound cases of water.

2:33 PM - Protestors tell everyone to "calmly and quietly go in and sit down in this room".

3:09 PM - I loved the dialogue one protestor had with the Capitol policeman at 3:14 into the video. And, the respect shown by the Capitol policeman - this guy is probably fired by now though.
After that, they go up a 'staff only' spiral staircase and at the top the policewoman tells them they can't go further. They turn around and go back down.

3:14 PM - Protestors telling others "don't break stuff"

4:57 PM - The first video of a ransacked room.

Post here any other videos you find interesting.

edit on 24/1/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

hrmmm... sucks when half the country labels peaceful protesters as violent thugs doesn't it.

This still doesn't excuse the few that actually committed crimes. And still doesn't excuse those that entered the capitol and went where they should not have gone.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
posted, perhaps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The bad actors on that day deserve prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

Having said that, 99.9% of the protesters were peaceful and exercising their constitutional right as citizens of this great country.

The biggest damage caused was not by the few bad actors, but by the media and the left's characterization of the vast majority of those peaceful protesters as villains and insurrectionists.

I don't know where all this goes, but I think it's a pretty good bet that for many on the right the social contract which gives our government legitimacy was broken that day and in the aftermath.

Biden's languid call for unity is not enough. The witch hunt and persecution of Trump supporters is making things worse. And leaving all politics aside, the world is facing some very real and profound problems.

Forget a dark winter, I'm concerned we're going to see a very dark decade or more.

edit on 24-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I don't know where all this goes, but I think it's a pretty good bet that for many on the right the social contract which gives our government legitimacy was broken that day and in the aftermath.

I'm not "on the right" but I know that I, for one, agree that the social contract has been broken.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Sshhhh.....you can't argue with gestapo media tactics....it was super violent....more so than any other riot in history.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

hrmmm... sucks when half the country labels peaceful protesters as violent thugs doesn't it.

I didn't see anything at all burning. Did you? Please link your pictures or videos of where anything at the Capitol was set on fire. I'd like to see that.

originally posted by: grey580

This still doesn't excuse the few that actually committed crimes. And still doesn't excuse those that entered the capitol and went where they should not have gone.

I'm not excusing anything, and, from the videos, the protestors didn't excuse the few that committed crimes either.

2:08 PM - Video taken standing on the front porch of the Capitol building shows a guy jumping up on a window sill and start kicking in windows. The police tackle him and the protestors are heard saying "Dude, this is my house!" and "they are just doing their job". Zero protestors interfere with the police and are, indeed, supporting them while they take the guy down.

As far as entering the Capitol, I would not have done it but the Capitol police did let them in.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
No need to explain what happened. I can watch the videos like everyone else.

And just so you know, what you see and I see are very different. I see a bunch of Traitors trying to take over the government, to overthrow the will of the people's vote, and keep Trump in office. An insurrection. I'd put them all in jail just for that.

I'll believe my ears and eyes. And you can believe Trump or whoever fits your narrative.
edit on 24-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I wonder what would have happened if the “peaceful protesters” who stormed the capitol had of come into contact with Pence or pelosi?

Yeah... I’m sure that would’ve been real “peaceful”!

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Which makes your part of the problem.

Keep pushing for a true civil war. It's apparently what you want.

In the end, none of us will win.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I wonder what would have happened if the “peaceful protesters” who stormed the capitol had of come into contact with Pence or pelosi?

Yeah... I’m sure that would’ve been real “peaceful”!

Yeah, I was actually thinking that too while watching them. I'm glad they all hid so it could continue to be peaceful!

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The media and Democrats made every little incident during the Trump era a thousand times worse than it actually was... IF it reflected negatively on the Trump presidency. Everything from disturbances at the capitol to Corona flu.

The upcoming impeachment trial will be a classic example. Democrats and many Republicans are determined to keep swamp drainer Donald Trump from running again.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
posted, perhaps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol

Closed

top topics

join