It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lin Wood takes Cathy Cox and Mercer Law School to task in a "Zoom call for the ages"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Let me know what you think. Do you know if anymore have been leaked? Should be three hours worth.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I think this call is strategic and it's obvious he prepared every word beforehand. You can hear the pages being tuned. He set it up for more than just the purposes of getting his money back and correcting the Dean's defamatory statements behind his back. He got other attorneys on audio to commit to look at his evidence and weigh in for the purpose of severing his contract. That was part of what he had scripted. He did speak off cuff, too, but hhhe was prepared to cover specific things.

So now he's essentially set up his own informal trial outside of a courtroom where he's facing off with opposing attorneys. At some point, Lin is going to insist on their conclusions and he will make it public. And I am sure there will be plenty of good debate.

I suspect he may have a plan beyond that, too…he's leading up to getting this into a real court. He has to set up a 'legal injury' to build a case around this if he really wants to expose it effectively: Breach of Contract.

I found a sample contract that contains a clause like the school is now thinking about adopting:

"If at any time the University determines that the honoree’s activities reflect negatively on the University’s public image, or are in material conflict with its mission, the University will have the right to terminate naming rights."

What I heard Lin say in that audio: "I am acting in the finest legal traditions."

And a whole lot of other things that go right to the heart of the Mercer's Mission. It says:

"Founded by Baptists in 1833, Mercer is an independent university that remains grounded in a tradition that embraces freedom of the mind and spirit, cherishes the equal worth of every individual, and commits to serving the needs of humankind. As a reflection of this heritage:

• We encourage our students to discover and develop fully their unique combination of gifts and talents to become leaders who make a positive difference in the world.

• We seek to inspire members of our community to live virtuous and meaningful lives by using their gifts and talents to serve the needs of humankind as an expression of their love for God and neighbor.

• We seek to enrich the mind and spirit by promoting and facilitating an open and rigorous search for truth and understanding, including an examination of the moral, religious and ethical questions of this and every age.

• We affirm and respect the dignity and sacred worth of every person and celebrate both our commonalities and our differences."

Early in the call, Lin said, "Some people think it's crazy to be openly religious." (I'm paraphrasing.)

And then he went right through Mercer's mission statement, bullet by bullet.

He wants them to breach his contract, I think. But first he wants to debate them about it….then he wants to take them to court for breach of contract.

Lin could perhaps subpoena Pence...not sure about Roberts or if he has some protection from testifying as a SCOTUS justice, but maybe him, too. But he wants to get some people on the stand.

He wants to haul them in to tell the college & court if he's right or wrong about his allegations.

IF he can get subpoenas, their responses are what he’s after…these are the general options:

"If you do receive a subpoena, you are required to show up for the meeting or trial, and to provide the requested information. You can, however, employ your fifth amendment right by refusing to answer anything that could incriminate you"

Imagine if this is what Lin has in mind and succeeds...and they pleaded the fifth on the grounds their answers could incriminate them?

Lin has been baiting Pence and Roberts to file a defamation lawsuit or deny what he's saying. They aren't biting. He's trying a different route, I think.

edit on 1/24/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Is that what you would have done? Slink in and sneak out?

I'd like to see (or hear) Lin Wood on a legit rant. I can't recall him actually doing it ... only hearing about him doing it in the MSM. Have you got a link? Please don't fall-back on an excuse like, "YouTube deleted it."

I wasn't writing about me. I was writing about a moral coward like Wood. He doesn't even have the awareness, let alone the imagination, to know when to stop digging.

Re the rant. Nice use of the "no true scotsman" logical fallacy there. No matter how outlandish his words, all you've got to say is "that's not a rant".

Let's hope whatever got you through the last two months keeps you going for the next four years.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

He is/was a well-respected, accomplished attorney.

Was. He blew that bridge when he started ranting about fraud and doubling down when a more intelligent person would have snuck quietly out of the back.

So you wouldn't have snuck out the back, you're saying.

Think Lin Wood suddenly went off the deep end and turned stupid? Doesn't sound very logical to me. What evidence do you have of that?

Lin is an accomplished defamation attorney and says he has compelling and credible evidence supporting his claims. So far, I've not heard Pence or Roberts deny anything he has said about them. Therefore, I have no reason to believe that Lin is lying, suddenly went off the deep end, or turned stupid.

If someone falsely accused me of being a pedophile or engaging in a conspiracy to murder a SCOTUS justice, I'd waste no time in denying it vehemently and hauling them into court.

Lin has said a recording of Roberts discussing Scalia's replacement before he died exists under seal in a Maryland court. Perhaps Roberts is aware Lin does know exactly where the evidence is and that is why we've not seen a denial or lawsuit.

I wouldn't have snuck out of the back, no. I know when to stop digging. I know when to 'fess up my mistakes.

I don't know if he went off the deep end suddenly. He barely registered before the last couple of months. Maybe he was always that silly.

Interesting to see so many people so impressed by a lawyer's record. I don't trust them, personally; they're a necessary evil at best.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Re the rant. Nice use of the "no true scotsman" logical fallacy there. No matter how outlandish his words, all you've got to say is "that's not a rant".

Couldn't find one, could ya?

Legitimately not poking here. I couldn't find one before I asked.

I'm not a particular fan of Wood. I hate to hear people say they've got the goods on someone ... and then not drop the dime immediately ... in full ... like Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth.

Credit where it's due, I highly doubt what was said during that call was scripted. Wood was gifted a silver tongue ... and there is a very sharp mind behind it. His Alma Mater will undoubtedly wind up with $500,000 less than what they were counting on for this year.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I wouldn't have snuck out of the back, no. I know when to stop digging. I know when to 'fess up my mistakes.

I don't know if he went off the deep end suddenly. He barely registered before the last couple of months. Maybe he was always that silly.

Interesting to see so many people so impressed by a lawyer's record. I don't trust them, personally; they're a necessary evil at best.

My take: His reputation suffering is something he can work with because he's building a defamation case. Lin believes a court would not be able to ignore this evidence if he can get it in front of one.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ultimate respect for everything about this guy.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I’ve heard the whistleblowers name is Ryan White @johnheretohelp .... 🕳

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Got to love all the mouth breathing Democrat warriors who think a multimillionaire successful lawyer is a crazy whack kook that they could discredit with a couple Google searches.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Cathy Cox, the school dean, is a typical dem who wants to censor and cancel anyone who disagrees with her.

Lin Wood has had an interesting career, no doubt. He should probably be more discreet with his conspiracy beliefs. He's like the Alex Jones of the legal community. His theories on Jeffrey Epstein are interesting!

I just found out recently that when Wood was a teenager, he came home from school, or a dance (cant remember)
and found his father had beaten Lin's mother to death. That's major trauma for anyone to go through, but for someone so young, I can't imagine!

To be fair, his theories are based on others testimonies. Did you see his interview with twitter use Johnheretohelp? Crazy stuff. Claims justice roberts worked with esptein to adopt /traffic kids, colluded or had a discussion with pence to kill scalise etc etc.
edit on 25-1-2021 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Huh. I have no idea whether Wood is messed in the head or sitting on explosive, world changing information BUT I will say anyone who would stand up to nearly world wide vilification for his principles is someone I respect and hope to emulate.

Of course, it would be better (or worse, I suppose) if he was correct in those convictions, but gotta love the guy who stands up, alone, against the herd.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YoungElohim704

t.me...

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've just now had the time to sit and listen to this. First thing that came to my mind..... Every one of those students on that call should have been reaming the school itself. Why are they paying all kinds of money to a school to teach them how to be a lawyer when the school itself wasn't even smart enough write a contract with Lin Wood that would give them the ability to detach his name from the school under certain circumstances? I don't think, in today's world, it's that hard to imagine that a person with that much money could make a donation like that and then in a few years be found to be a child molester, have some cheating or rape scandal, drug addiction, go crazy and kill someone....whatever. She even admitted some schools have a clause. They were either too greedy to risk losing the donation or too stupid. I'd be embarrassed to be a law student there.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately you're correct and I've been telling people this for years. Look how easily police officers shoot and kill people of the communities they are paid to protect and serve. It'll be even easier for a soldier from new york to shoot someone in South Carolina or vice versa. a reply to: Snarl

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join