It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spinal cord C7 issues. . . some good news

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

On the plus side today I was told I do not have a brain tumor

Oddly enough I was told this week I have a brain tumor

On the bright side it appears very very small and possibly degenerating

Also slipped disk c5/c6
Thank God for physical therapists!

We may not agree on politics, but best wishes for both our heath!!!
edit on 22-1-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

If you are loosing muscle mass surgery will be your only option.

C4-5 surgery first then ~10 years later c5-6 blew out. My right arm and chest muscle started atrophying and loosing strength and mass. I couldn't even pick myself up of the ground without rolling over to use both hands and arms to get off the ground.

If you can get by without surgery do it. More times than not, after a first fusion there will most certainly be another either directly above or below in future years.

And even now 12 years after the 2nd surgery I suffer constant pain with no relief possible from the medical establishment. it's just accept it and endure from then until forever.

Around the first year after surgery you will think you are healed but then, when you least expect it the pain will start creeping back in. At least that was the way it was for me.
edit on 22-1-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Looks like you won't be breaking rocks in the NWO communist chain gang. We would put you out of your misery but ammo is scarce. If it gets unbearable your friends in the ATS labor camp will stone you to death. Yet we're all out of large rocks too. Hope ya feel better.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Speaking as someone with a family member who had surgery for her disks...save it as a complete last resort. I'm sure you know of the issues the scar tissue will cause. Glad to hear you at least know what the problem is and have options!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   
DBC,
Last I heard you run a hospital.
I suspect you have the best care available for you, and opportunity for multiple opinions.
Do your diligence and trust in your coworkers.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
DBC,
Last I heard you run a hospital.
I suspect you have the best care available for you, and opportunity for multiple opinions.
Do your diligence and trust in your coworkers.

I'm just a direcotor IN a hospital chain.

I have options but I'm also nervous.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

So glad to hear it's good news for you... but a curvalicious latina like you can handle anything. We all know it!

I'll even make you a sammich in spirit just to show my support.

Take good care, do what you gotta do, and I'm sure you'll be flipping the bird again before we know it... as long as you know it -- and whoever you're flipping off knows it -- that's what counts.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Get Better!!!

We need DB Cowboy and Bill the Cat a wonderful team on ATS.

BTW we also need the left arm working for your reports.....

Keep the faith and Keep well!!!!

Prayers to the Overlord for your recovery!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Good luck Sweetie!
I have spinal stenosis and arthritis in my back and I would be terrified to have surgery too.
My left arm has been hurting like hell for a few days, but I don't know why. Physical bodies suck, too many things can wrong with them. Hugs!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Good luck with the therapy. I am praying it works for you.

They thought I had a disc rupture in my neck years ago, but it turned out to be too narrow an opening for the nerve itself, so the procedure turned into something else mid-surgery. I wasn't into loss of function though, just an inability to even look over my left shoulder and screaming pain.

Also, you have no idea how glad I am to hear you don't have a brain tumor. I have a cousin who went through that, and my last grandparent died from one.
edit on 23-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Good luck DBC. God knows you've been through enough.

Edit: punch Gunther for me

edit on 23-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You're in our prayers...truly.

BTW...You're going to be okay...just sorry you're having to go through this.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Man.. Ill tell ya..

I was pretty freaked out about back surgery too. Mine was partially exploratory, but they also knew that it was going to be to address two ruptured discs. Its back surgery, right?

I immediately felt better the moment I came out of anesthesia.

I had never experienced something quite like it.. I expected/hoped it would help, but that it would take at least a week or two until I recovered from the surgery itself. It was an outpatient procedure.

Luckily, I got it done at the time I did since the docs said one of the discs was about to start cutting through an artery (yikes!). I still have some issues in the area, and IIRC two other discs are still herniated. But, herniated discs arent a big deal comparatively speaking.

Not gonna give advice or anything. You work in the field, so you know the deal with stuff like PT. My back surgery experience was surprisingly positive though! Of course, my real troubles started half a year later, so.. meh. Wasnt related to the surgery or what was going on in that area though

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks all for the well wishes.

I appreciate hearing all the stories.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Thanks all for the well wishes.

I appreciate hearing all the stories.

Most welcome

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

God speed my c5-c6 blew out they won’t do surgery because I smoke. So far two years later I have no feeling in my left thumb forearm thumb side and bicep. My bicep is deteriorating but somewhere along the way the constant pain disappeared.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xstokerx

God speed my c5-c6 blew out they won’t do surgery because I smoke. So far two years later I have no feeling in my left thumb forearm thumb side and bicep. My bicep is deteriorating but somewhere along the way the constant pain disappeared.

The back of my hand and forearm are numb, it's the tremor that frustrates me the most.

Good luck!
edit on 23-1-2021 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Do make sure and get multiple opinions.

I had severe lumbar pain with degenerating discs, spinal stenosis, and severe arthritis - the top rated orthopedic surgeon in Central Florida took one look at the MRI and said the only option was surgery...

...but then a friend's husband recommended the neurosurgeon who operated on his spine, and that doctor not only looked at the MRI, but actually listened to me as I explained what I was experiencing pain-wise, had me walk the length of the room while he watched my back -

- then he said, "I believe the majority of the pain is from the arthritis...", and he sent me to an anesthesiologist who did a procedure where they use an electrified needle to fry the nerves in the area, which reduced the pain by about 90% - no surgery necessary!

Best wishes to you!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Seriously, ATS has gotten real old in the last few days. My bloody arm, you and FCD going through tribulations......crikey, what a cluster of old men whining. At least my non-existent wife doesn't have to deal with me. God's I'd feel so sorry for her if she existed as she'd have to deal with me. I'm such a petulant little girl right now with this situation.

Chin up, boy! Seriously, it could be brain surgery. I think I'd fear that way more than back surgery and since no tumor, no brain surgery.

Hooray?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

lolz

We have become a bunch of whiny old men!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join