It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The zip slide incident should have sunk most politicians shot at PM good and proper but that daft arse Boris Nonsenses hair cut and general buffoonery somehow seemed to have saved his arse.

He gets a by ever time screwing up because he looks like he's supposed to.

Its actually rather and ingenious political strategy when one thinks about it. LoL

But to the detriment of the nation no less.

edit on 23-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Glad to hear you came out the other end ok.

When did you have it?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Its here to stay same as the Influenza djz3ro.

Just nature, with her Petri dish, attempting to mitigate the 7.674+ billion souls on the planet.

It was apt to happen at some point given the manner in which we move around the globe and the fact that we have transportation hubs and infrastructure all over the planet.

That's the way I'm starting to see it i wonder how long it will take the Gov to get to that page.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Cheers.

We had positive tests returned on the 6th of January, same night i had to get the ambulance for the Mrs.

So i was unwell from about the 3rd, she was down from about the 5th till about the 13th of the month.

Kids were not tested because they showed no signs.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I wonder if that would have been the original strain but then the South African strain made it to Scotland did it not?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That's it im just not sure.

Apparently the more virulent strain was doing the rounds from before Christmas even around September.

The tests you get sent out only indicate a positive result via txt message, they don't determine the virus strain, far as im aware, or that information is not included.

Im just wondering how much if any immunity we have developed and how long it will last?

The Mrs is scheduled to the get the inoculation mid February down to being asthmatic so there's that.
edit on 23-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just asked a microbiologist friend of mine what his take on Covid-19 is now (this guy is very anti-establishment, very much against the man).

His reply was "Man, just follow the rules an we be cool by nxt xmas. Its hard, but end in sight"

I'll trust his judgement.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

That's my feelings also as long as the vaccination's do what it says on the tin.

Hopefully further mutations will result in a less virulent strain, in the same, or similar manner, to the way H1N1 influenza(The Spanish flu) third iteration, came about.

As the second one killed just about everyone and anyone who contacted the pathogen.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
The problem isn’t anti anything.

The problem is that the sick need to stay the hell home.
If they don’t there should be VERY serious consequences for them. Just like in past pandemics.

Quarantine the SICK
Protect the vulnerable.

Let the rest of us get in with our lives!!

So you're fine with signing the death warrant for hundreds of people around the country who have undiagnosed, underlying health conditions that make them vulnerable to Covid-19 but they don't know?

A bit harsh I say!

I don't mean to be harsh. There are a lot of other people, that as a result of staying home while perfectly healthy, are suffering as well. Probably more of the population than the vulnerable that are at risk. Financial ruin, suicide, abuse, etc.

What makes this pandemic so different that we have to quarantine the well?
I don't think that we have ever done that before.

We have failed in an epic way in protecting the vulnerable from the beginning and really haven't improved. This is where our effort should be focused.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Never a truer word spoken.

I know of a number of people that are in excellent health and not in any at risk categories that are struggling.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join