It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson says some evidence new Covid variant in the UK may be more deadly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

CASE 1

The organiser of a wedding with 150 guests at the reception was fined £10,000. The recption was being held in a school where the Head had died of Covid-19 in April, 2020.
The law says a macimum of 6.

CASE 2

A Funneral Director was fined £10,000 for allowing 150 attendees.
The law says a maximum of 30.

To me its seems a more infectious Covid mutation will either raise the average IQ of the nation, or send poor business people into bankruptcy, opening markets up.

Eitherway, the rule keepers win!

Ke

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Time is fast approaching where we ought to accept that this is going to be something we have to deal with, instead of locking down populations, we have to plow through it.

There are obviously other factors and variables involved that lockdowns and restrictions don't have any effect on. Otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing the Effective Reproduction Number so widely fluctuate where countries that locked down are still getting hammered and others that were less stringent aren't.

Here in Georgia we have the 2nd lowest percentage of vaccines being administered and in the height of cold and flu season we are seeing our cases, hospitalizations drop. There are other factors at play here, not saying wear masks and take care of the vulnerable, just the evidence that lockdowns are effective is shrinking.

covid19-r0.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I can't take Bozo seriously anymore.

Especially since he got caught on a bike ten miles away from home.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When will all of yall understand that this is never going away. The ATS poster that predicted all there would be never ending strains and never ending lockdowns March of last year should be called a goddamn prophet because they were right.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
When will all of yall understand that this is never going away. The ATS poster that predicted all there would be never ending strains and never ending lockdowns March of last year should be called a goddamn prophet because they were right.

There hasn't been a lockdown yet. At least not in America.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
If you own a 'non-essential' business there's a really good chance you've been locked down in America.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I heard the same, but no evidence for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I heard the same, but no evidence for it.

Do you even search?
I found it on the who website just fine. Can't link right now butI copied it. It was posted on the 22 jan 2021.
You probably hoped it was from alex jones or something. It's different when it comes from the horse's mouth. Eh?
Can do tomoz when on prper computer.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
This? It's dated the 13th, so "just out?"

WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

www.who.int...

It says that samples with a weak return should be re-examined. Makes sense.

It's the closest I could find but it doesn't say the test is inaccurate, it's a reminder that the Instructions For Use (IFU) should be adhered to.

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer.

edit on 1/22/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Its an absolute # show and contrived.
How anyone thinks otherwise after so long is beyond me.
Never let a good crisis go to waste.
Truer words seldom spoken.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The PCE test has been shot down in flames by its inventor already.
If the bloke that got an award for creating it says its ineffective who are we to believe???
Farcical.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

If the bloke that got an award for creating it says its ineffective

Did he say that? Can you provide a source?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Haha I knew I’d get a response from you
Tho I can’t supply a source for my knowledge

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: djz3ro
between anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, anti-lockdowners and people half heartedly obeying guidelines (nose out of mask, not observing distancing etc) this is going to rip through our nation.

I really hope they find a way to fight this properly soon. People can't take much more!

You are the problem, not COVID and not the anti-people you don't like because they won't obey cult government.

Seriously, if hysterical brainwashed folks like yourself suddenly vanished along with your cult government(s), the planet would be paradise.

COVID is the bogeyman, and you are hooked.

Sad, but true.

I disagree. Woke sheep are just as brainwashed just at the other side of the fence. If you don't cull them too you won't have paradise at all. All you gain is a little more room to move. Which is nice in itself but certainly not paradise.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I got an idea lets make plastic bubbles and we all live inside them, the future sure looks peachy,

Viruses mutate, the new mutated one has been around since last year nothing have changed, But no to worry, just take the darn vaccine you going to be fine, hurry and get that vaccine.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Tho I can’t supply a source for my knowledge

Probably the same as the one you used before.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I could probably search for it, but I was gambling that Phage knew. He usually does.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So the mutant strains they’re worried about have sprung up in exactly the four places the vaccine was tested. Hmm. Mutant strain in the UK IS more deadly because it’s more infectious and hence delivers a higher viral load quicker, overwhelming the patient. ICU’s in the UK seeing 70%-90% death rate. South African strain sees vaccines only 50% effective. Vaccines themselves only appear to be at best 60% effective in mass rollout. Scientists concerned another mutation will soon render all vaccines effectively redundant and we will need to add genetic material from the new strains - by which time there will be more new strains. So, in effect, we are urinating into the wind.

Only way forward is to face it head on and plough through. Most will make it and we will go on. A lot more will die. Economies will suffer, debt will skyrocket (although who everyone owes the money too I have no idea). Ultimately this won’t end well.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

So the mutant strains they’re worried about have sprung up in exactly the four places the vaccine was tested.
Clarification, they were first identified in those places.

Mutant strain in the UK IS more deadly because it’s more infectious and hence delivers a higher viral load quicker, overwhelming the patient.

Source?

Scientists concerned another mutation will soon render all vaccines effectively redundant and we will need to add genetic material from the new strains
A good thing about mRNA vaccines is that they don't use genetic material from the virus.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I will seat and wait to see where all this is heading, is going to be very interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join