It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Today's a really sad day for me. Yesterday I took my dog to the vet because her muzzle is swollen and she's gotten nose bleeds. I found out it was cancer. There's no hope of it getting better. Today I made the call to put her to sleep. I have to take her in Wednesday. This really sucks.

She has always been standoffish and only tolerated me petting her but she was still cool and could be really sweet. Here's Molly. I'm going to miss her.

I probably won't be coming back to this. I'm too sad and my head is too messed up right now. I just wanted to post about it for anyone who cared.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm sorry to hear this, Skid.
I've seen Molly's pic before in Zazz's member's pic thread. She's a beautiful dog.
I hope you can rest knowing you took really good care of her and helped her to the next level with grace.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ahh damn bro, I'm sorry to hear.

I'll ask Loki to be waiting by the door to her in.

ETA. I still have a hard to going back and reading Loki's thread.
So I know how you feel.

edit on 22-1-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I care, Skid Mark. Lots of us do.

In fact, we had to make the same decision for our kitty Monday morning. It's hell, but sometimes they need us to make this decision for them... it's your final act of love.

Big hugs.

Bo
-----------------------------------------------------------

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this — the last battle — can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close — we two — these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

edit on 22-1-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry to hear this buddy.

It’s never an easy decision, but always the right one.

Many of us know what you are going through, and we will be here for you if you need us.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sorry man, awful news. Try to think of the positive impact you had on Molly and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Sorry Skid, I myself am going to have to make that same decision soon, as my dog has a tumors hindering walking.

My wife, kids and I are all holding our breath waiting for him to not to have the will to get up one day. Everyday i make sure i give him a lot of attention (hard with 3 kids under 5).

Cherish and remember the great memories you had.

Best

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Damn man. Anyone with a heart cares and anyone that has been there was holding back tears reading your OP. It's so hard to make that decision. So very hard. That's how you know it's the right one though. The best decisions are rarely the easiest ones. Be kind to yourself and take time to grieve. Don't let anyone tell you it's too much or it shouldn't hurt that bad. They are family. And hell yes it hurts. For always.

Reach out if you need to. Any of us here are here if you need us.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've had to put down a couple of dogs in my life. Tough decisions, but usually the right one.

It is always hard to explain the emotional connection people have to their dogs.

I love dogs. No matter how sh*tty your day may have been or what is going on in your life, a dog will always be loyal and right there waiting on you with a smile and waggin tail. They don't care how you look, how much money you have... just undying devotion to you.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So sorry.
Just went through the same thing recently.
Still very upset about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Very sorry to hear the bad news.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Skid, so incredibly hard to hear the news. Molly seems to have had a great life with you and made it to old age - that in itself is an amazing thing and you gotta treasure the memories and be grateful for that

Sending strength your way for what it's worth

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sorry to hear this.

It stinks how life can be so temporary sometimes. I've tried not to get attached to our animals, but it's so hard not to.

May great memories comfort you in the times ahead.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I’m so so sorry. You can feel good though knowing that you are making the most loving decision for your baby.

I recently had to put down my main man due to kidney failure. A few days before, I knew I was going to have to make the decision shortly. The last night I spent with him, holding him upright and carrying him around so he could sleep (he had such bad reflux that he was coughing constantly if he wasn’t vertical), I knew what I had to do in the morning.

I tell you this to say, I know what you’re going through right now. I know you will spend every second you can with your girl until Wednesday. I’m glad I did- I stopped everything I could and spent the time with my guy (my perfect bodyguard, he appointed himself, for 15 years) that I could, and I just told him over and over how much I appreciated him and that I am the luckiest person on the planet, that I got to have him as my main man. I did my best to keep myself in control for him those last days, and I held him in my arms while he passed on. I know you can’t hold your girl because she’s a bigger dog, but if you can face it and make yourself do it, be with her when she goes. It was so hard but I’m grateful now that I did that for him too. It’s hard enough afterwards, so give yourself every way you can to have comfort as you miss her in the months to come.

My heart hurts for you, and you’ll both be in my prayers, friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I understand how it feels.

We lost our beloved Teddy Bear to a brain tumor. It was like lightning striking. He went from being a healthy, big boy to being struck by seizures every 10 or 15 minutes in the course of a few days' time. We were all shattered.

He'll be waiting to greet you girl, and he never, ever met a stranger.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm really sorry. I just lost my little Mira last October.

I know it might be hard to talk about, but is uncontrollable blood coming out of her nose?

Wondering because that's what happened to mine, she could still breathe fine, but oh my God, there was just so much blood. We still don't know what happened to Mira. But now I'm starting to suspect she had the same thing as your Molly.

I'm not sure how to upload pictures on mobile, but Mira was born with 3 legs. We had her for almost 14 years. We would take her with on walks by pushing her in a baby stroller. I'll try getting on my desktop and edit some pictures in.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Very sorry Skid.
The passing of a dear family member is always very hard.

My absolute sincerest to you😔

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I care (hugs).

It is the greatest honor and responsibility that we have to be there and to do the right thing for our best friends. They would do it for us. You are such a great Dad. The pain gets easier, just know how much you and she loved each other and focus on the joys you shared in her life.

Molly is in my heart and so are you xox

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm so sorry SM! I know you two have been through a lot together. It hurts when we lose them.

We lost our Bulldog to cancer 2 years ago, and the hubby still tears up talking about him.

Blessed be.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just sat down and saw this terrible news. I am so sorry Skids. Keep her real close to you and make as many memories as you can.

Love ya, Brother.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join