It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Trust Hits New Low - CEO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Want to hear something funny? These idiots think they can restore faith in the media by having corporate CEO's tell us that the press has changed, they are no longer political operatives, and it is all better now.

Yes, we will truly listen to millionaire corporate CEO's because they are like us and would not lie.

Are there people who are really this stupid?

Currently only 57% of Democrats and 18% of Republicans have any trust in the media.

Most Americans agree with the statement that "Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations."

Most Americans agree that most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public."

So their solution is this??

Really? My corporate CEO is going to be enlisted to tell me that the media is now honest and that will cure everything?

www.axios.com...

Washington Post media columnist Margaret Sullivan writes that "our goal should go beyond merely putting truthful information in front of the public. We should also do our best to make sure it’s widely accepted."

How it works: Media outlets can continue to report reliable facts, but that won't turn the trend around on its own. What's needed is for trusted institutions to visibly embrace the news media.

CEOs (a/k/a the fourth branch of government) are at or near the top of Edelman's list of trusted institutions.

By the numbers: 61% of Trump voters say that they trust their employer's CEO. That compares to just 28% who trust government leaders, and a mere 21% who trust journalists.

The bottom line: CEOs have long put themselves forward as the people able to upgrade America's physical infrastructure. Now it's time for them to use the trust they've built up to help rebuild our civic infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

In other words, they want more propaganda.

These people are clueless.

edit on 21-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Right.

I got a great idea....

Start being honest, fair, and have journalistic integrity. Stop being political activist and maybe more than a third of the country might believe a word you say.

Just a thought.... LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Good thread.
So do you think this means that
the deliberate "Divide and Conquer"
psychological operation will be
dismantled? After all, it really has been
about the .1 percent turning the masses
on each other. A distraction from the
"occupy wall street" focus and much more
serious crimes and political corruption.
They really did not like that kind of
attention.

As far as Red/Blue, do you not now see
that those behind the curtain are purple?

The media is just a megaphone of propaganda.

Turn it off.
Master a Craft.
Live long and prosper. S&F

edit on 21-1-2021 by Wildmanimal because: add content

edit on 21-1-2021 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Aren’t mockingbirds known to mimic the call of what they want to sound like?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: loam

Right.

I got a great idea....

Start being honest, fair, and have journalistic integrity. Stop being political activist and maybe more than a third of the country might believe a word you say.

Just a thought.... LOL

Since the media is essentially the PR department for the DNC now, I don't really see that happening...

But it is good that people are waking up to that fact.

America isn't over yet... just in a dark place that hopefully we can get out of.

Despite ourselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You can find tons of compilations of msm contradicting themselves and being hypocritical to hysterical extents.

Anyone still trusting them just likes the comfort of agreeing with their tv

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
All the NWO/Democrat Alliance is interested in is retaining a 35%-40% propaganda level, enough to keep the power and reduce the resistance 😈

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I dunno about the people interviewed by the source article, but I trust our corporate CEO as far as I could throw his morbidly obese mother! I've seen first hand the dirty BS these guys will play to cook the books and make it look like they're making a buck to stockholders!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

More than a few on the GOP side are
included in that alliance.

Purple.
SAAVY?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Haven't you looked around lately.

Yes people are that stupid. The past and this new fiasco with covid and everything is nothing but prove that 90% of people are just only about able to think as far as the TV lets them.

Look at the media. Every single thing out there for that past 40 or more years has been a lie. From the War in Iraq, to Libya, to you name it, think of what been on the news all the big topic out there for the past 40 years or more. And how many of them have now at this time and date turned out to be true.

Not a single one. Every single thing has been a lie and propaganda.

And after all that. People still expect the truth from the very people whos job is to lie for there corporate overloads. OK, seems pretty stupid to me, to believe people and those who have done nothing but lie constantly about everything. In fact seems more then that.

Its the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
They have lost me for good.

MSM and anything Hollywood pukes out is off my list of things to watch.

Agenda driven for 4 years while backing liberal politics and now when they stand to lose viewership, which is all about commercial money, they want to be accepted again.

Kiss my arse.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It’s strange to me that only 57% of leftists believe the media but on ATS that number is no lower than 100% of leftists

We seem to have the most moronic of leftist morons

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I tripped up on this video earlier today, that touches on what happens behind the scenes.

The media has greatly contributed to the misinformation that is being spread.

We are so pass the point of being able to trust anything you get from the internet or the media. It all has to be taken with a grain of salt and suspicion, so we aren't blindsided.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
#itsoktopunchajournalist.

Too little, too late. Media made their beds and now they must lie, lie, and lie again in those toxic, smelly, cesspools of their own creation.

Cancel media.

No service in shops, bars, anywhere....do not treat them as fellow humans. They make a living spreading hate into your lives and calling You Hateful. They should fear the way you respond because they know what they are doing.
Starve the industry.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   
They can’t just lie to the people 24/7, attack the sitting POTUS with lies and support a fraudulent election and then say they’re sorry. Screw them. I never watch them anyway, but people aren’t that stupid to just forgive them for the BS they pulled.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
It’s strange to me that only 57% of leftists believe the media but on ATS that number is no lower than 100% of leftists

We seem to have the most moronic of leftist morons

Who said Americans don't do irony?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

What's needed is for trusted institutions to visibly embrace the news media.

What trusted institutions? Anybody know of any?
Oh wait, if Twitter, tik tok and facebook say its true, it must be? Right?

Morons

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
CNN took down its death ticker.

Now we may be back to normal by summer.

Now we have an upbeat perspective on the virus.

Now nothing the President does is bad even though he has given illegals amnesty and cost the country jobs.

The media is the largest whore of the world and defiantly married to the Democrats.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They want to make sure we accept what the illiberal media tells us?

Sounds like deprogramming and reeducation plans to me.

I don't trust and never will trust CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NY Times, LA Times, The Atlantic - they burned their bridges as far as I am concerned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join