It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We feel incredibly betrayed': Thousands of Guardsmen forced to vacate Capitol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Now not only did the politicians grossly overreact to the response to 1/6, now they are making it worse by not making sure the National Guard they insisted be there, have decent lodging till they leave. Damn, there has got to be somewhere close by to house them instead of a parking garage. Not to mention separate them if a threat is genuine. Just slipshod attitude and this is on both sides, though the Democrats could make noise about it. Unless we are going to pretend the 15,000 extra troops squashed a riot attempt or worse. Not sure how long they will be there but if it's longer than a week find them another location or 2. Got to be somewhere that's not open for business they could use.

www.politico.com...

Guardsmen said they were not given a clear reason why they were asked to vacate the buildings.
Thousands of National Guardsmen were forced to vacate congressional grounds on Thursday and are now taking their rest breaks outside and in nearby parking garages, after two weeks of sleepless nights protecting the nation’s capital in the wake of the violent assault on Jan. 6.

One unit, which had been resting in the Dirksen Senate Office building, was abruptly told to vacate the facility on Thursday, according to one Guardsman. The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said.
edit on 21-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I just read this. “Bonus Army” comes to mind....

What a travesty.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Good. The more mistakes they make — the more people will wake up.

Implosion is imminent.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said.

Thanks for your service, fellas!!

Hopefully a San Francisco style poop map is required to navigate the parking 'stalls' when they leave.

+26 more 
link   

Democrats see the military as tampons.

Use them then throw them away.

It's how we felt when I was serving under Clinton, Bush, Obama.

link   
Their usefulness to push some over the top liberal narrative is done, 1 or 20000 would have seen the same play out of Jan 20.

+8 more 
link   

Betrayed is an understatement. Which Guardsman General or Logistics Commander couldn't foresee the debacle?
1 toilet for 5000 guardsmen?
They should piss and crap on the steps of Congress

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Never let a good crisis go to waste, and then throw out the trash. Most of them were likely deplorables anyhow in the Democrat mind.

Typical of the leftist attitude.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That's what worried me when the photos came internationally showing all these troops along the hallways and passages.

And then I heard it was something like 25 000!

Wow, I hope they've all got barracks and berthing and food.
That badly organized could be a humanitarian crisis of its own.

edit on 21-1-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Betrayed is an understatement. Which Guardsman General or Logistics Commander couldn't foresee the debacle?
1 toilet for 5000 guardsmen?
They should piss and crap on the steps of Congress

Howver, THAT would be seen as a violent insurrection and an attempt by the military to stage a poop coup against the United States Government in this brave new Biden world....

No... they just need to live in misery until they can leave and remember what their new Commander In Chief really thinks about them.

~shrug~

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just in case some couldn't be bothered to read the article:

Prominent lawmakers from both parties took to Twitter to decry the decision and call for answers after POLITICO first reported the news Thursday night. Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Senate Majority Leader, tweeted: "If this is true, it's outrageous. I will get to the bottom of this."

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), meanwhile, called the move "absolutely unacceptable and despicable treatment of our brave and dedicated National Guard who answered the call to serve."

And Sen. Martin Heinrich, Democrat from New Mexico, tweeted that he would personally offer his office to the Guardsmen and promised to rally the caucus to identify additional space.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said.

lol... no internet!?! The inhumanity of it!

Aren't these guys trained to survive out in the wild with nothing but a hunting knife?

Seriously though, what'd they expect, a $2000 dollar check?

Reality check! There loyalty and hard work will not be recognised or respected by tptb. The more they give them, just means the more they'll expect...and that goes for all of us.

edit on 21-1-2021 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Prominent lawmakers from both parties took to Twitter to decry the decision and call for answers after POLITICO first reported the news Thursday night. Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Senate Majority Leader, tweeted: "If this is true, it's outrageous. I will get to the bottom of this."

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), meanwhile, called the move "absolutely unacceptable and despicable treatment of our brave and dedicated National Guard who answered the call to serve."

And Sen. Martin Heinrich, Democrat from New Mexico, tweeted that he would personally offer his office to the Guardsmen and promised to rally the caucus to identify additional space.

Oh yay. Schumer is going to "get to the bottom of this."

I hope they can find a way to absolve themselves of blame and impeach Trump again after a $40 million investigation. That will help a lot.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Joe sez “I don’t work for you.”

Amendment III
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Oh good.

Democrats are "going to get to the bottom of this".

Yeah.

Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

lol... no internet!?! The inhumanity of it!

Aren't these guys trained to survive out in the wild with nothing but a hunting knife?

Seriously though, what'd they expect, a $2000 dollar check?

Reality check! There loyalty and hard work will not be recognised or respected by tptb. The more they give them, just means the more they'll expect...and that goes for all of us.

For the first time since I started posting here, I had to star you for that.

I completely agree.

Welcome to the Biden Presidency.

Comrade.

edit on 21-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Politicians are good at spouting off when something becomes publicized would be great if we had ones that could actually plan, especially in situations like this. Nobody asked the right questions or if they did they were ignored. And yes some blame falls on the National Guard commander. Like I said slipshod all around

LOL, where did they think they were going to sleep and get ready for their shifts. Didn't anybody think if we are going to have the Guard here for 2 weeks, we can not have them sleep in the Capital buildings the whole time we need somewhere to house them beforehand?

I'm sure they will put it on the schedule and it will be discussed and debated and they will decide in two weeks. I'm not saying house them in a 4 star hotel got to be a convention center or warehouse close by. Hell tents in a parking lot or park would be better.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Politicians start wars, then they hide behind desks and let other people who believe in their country go and do the killing and the dying, while they sit back and reap the benefits, then when the soldiers get back, the politicians those soldiers fought and died to benefit turn their backs on them, spit in their faces and leave them to rot.

Those politicians who used those guardsmen to 'protect' them from scary 'insurrectionists' are the same politicians who gutted the us military by contracting out non-combat duties to 3rd parties, supported mercenaries like blackwater that hold no allegiance to america and sent tens of thousands of americans out to die and torment the populations of other countries so they could reap the benefits.
edit on 21/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

"Wars are what happens when politicians fail at their jobs."
-DB Cowboy

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
“ U.S. Capitol Police officials ordered them to vacate the facilities”

This is not the chain of command, is it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join