It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use your mind to control your Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My son introduce me to this video and people should be exposed to this

Wim Hof on Impact Theory

I did a search on Win Hof but could not find anything, please let me know as I do believe this must have been discussed on ATS before

Since watching this I have been thinking about a thing or two about myself I cannot explain. It obviously flows from a mindset (positive acceptance) taken before an event and afterwards. When asked I always explain it as a preconditioned mindset and a will to follow thru.

It started when I was 22 and cheated death due to being very fit, after an accident that took 8 months to heal enough to be Doctor/Medicine free (did loose some internal body-parts). Psychologically it took around another 3 years to believe that I will be OK and can continue a normal life. Before this episode I also learned to use a switch in my brain during military training to blank out fear/pain (Not very successful at that but yes, did developed some control)

Many naturally suspicious people always think I have some sort of a gift, which I do not

So nearly 40 years later that lifesaving operation started to gave way to old age. To extend my life I had 2 more operations Feb 2018 and Feb 2019. This semi-old fart is doing pretty darn good currently (will not be able to run a marathon though).
Especially the second operation stood out – this is where I was able to be discharged (after requesting) and leave the hospital on day 5. I got up, packet my belongings and walk out carrying my bags to await my lift. Now that was unusual, but I do not seem to have consequences. When the physiotherapist came he couldn’t believe I was already walking around and I was even asked at some point by nurses to give a little talk to very sick patients about positive thinking.
After watching the above video I just wonder if I did not scratch the surface already. This Win Hof guy is making sense.
And then I think about medical miracles

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

Ice man!!

I was watching a documentary the other day about one of my nation's heroes, Wubbo Ockels (first Dutchman in space) and his last year battling with cancer.

He had gone into training with Win Hoff (cold exposure and breathing). He did die eventually but he said it really helped him. Seemed like a brutal training regime but I guess with positive thinking you can achieve more than you know.

Peace
edit on 21-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I pushed a lot when I was younger, but now I am older and although I do not believe fear and depression/anxiety should control my life, I still have limitations from injuries I received while working and I no longer heal close to as quick as I used to. So I don't push it anymore, doing so would be kind of dumb.

Having a positive attitude is good, but at the same time, your positive attitude must be aligned to the truth and to rationality. Half the people in this country don't think before they leap or accept wrong beliefs because of not verifying if evidence is real or pertinent to what it is being applied to. This is not new, people will actually dig their grave deeper to protect themselves from admitting they were led astray. They do not want to admit they were tricked.

I do not fear this virus, instead I found ways to try to deter it from causing us harm, and there are many things we can do to reduce our risk, most of which do not fit into the health nutrition they teach today in this country, but Canada and parts of Europe do have more good information floating around in health nutrition pertinent to this disease than here in America.

I have the energy to do stuff, the hernia patch screws some things up, the back injuries I sustained that I would not get an operation for do give me some problems. I never even contemplated back surgery, telling doctors right straight I did not want them. The people I know who had them did not gain much, but they believed it was better and it was for a couple of years, but above the correction or below it they had new problems most times. So I took the other way and it took many years for my back to heal well, then along comes another accident because I started to go wild again. Maybe a Different place on the back, but that is life.

I like to shovel snow in my shorts in ten below weather once in a while, it is refreshing. I usually shower with a little epsom salts beforehand and when I get dried off, I stay warm outside. Something about the epsom salts does it, don't know for sure all the reasons, but it works for me. Not sure I would spend an hour in an ice hole though, but rolling in the snowbank after a sauna is refreshing.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse rolling in the snowbank after a sauna is refreshing.

People do that in the USA too? WOW!

In August of 2020, i got hit by a bus. Broken hip, Broken arm. A lot of bruises.

I was quite a mess even before that. Mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Alcoholism also.

So for 7 weeks, i was a prisoner of my own home. Mom brought me food, coffee and tobacco and i paid her of course. I did lots of physiotherapy exercises. A lot of time online. A lot of time staring at the ceiling. My bones are fine now. I ditched the walking stick a couple of weeks ago. Normally a broken hip requires using 2 walking sticks but left arm was broken so there was that... For about 2 weeks now, i have been able to take a shower while standing up. And i can sit on a toilet seat without the high handles there. Gonna return them all to the hospital next week, the walking stick, shower chair and the toilet seat with the high handles.

2.4 per mill of alcohol in my bloodstream when the bus hit me. I could have died, or worse. Fed by some liquid through a tube for the rest of my paralyzed life or something. That did not happen, and i believe there has to be a reason for it. So i am going to make it count. I am going to focus on neutral and positive things and i am going to try not to be a fool anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere

originally posted by: rickymouse rolling in the snowbank after a sauna is refreshing.

People do that in the USA too? WOW!

In August of 2020, i got hit by a bus. Broken hip, Broken arm. A lot of bruises.

I was quite a mess even before that. Mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Alcoholism also.

So for 7 weeks, i was a prisoner of my own home. Mom brought me food, coffee and tobacco and i paid her of course. I did lots of physiotherapy exercises. A lot of time online. A lot of time staring at the ceiling. My bones are fine now. I ditched the walking stick a couple of weeks ago. Normally a broken hip requires using 2 walking sticks but left arm was broken so there was that... For about 2 weeks now, i have been able to take a shower while standing up. And i can sit on a toilet seat without the high handles there. Gonna return them all to the hospital next week, the walking stick, shower chair and the toilet seat with the high handles.

2.4 per mill of alcohol in my bloodstream when the bus hit me. I could have died, or worse. Fed by some liquid through a tube for the rest of my paralyzed life or something. That did not happen, and i believe there has to be a reason for it. So i am going to make it count. I am going to focus on neutral and positive things and i am going to try not to be a fool anymore.

The reason you are still here is to talk to me online

I am not sure if this reality is real, our attitude steers our reality. This reality is full of lies and deceit lately, part of our test of our worthiness I suppose. Still, even though this may not be real, the pain and suffering is very real that we experience. How many hundreds of years from now will a computer program be designed that could create such an illusion of the reality we live in? Might as well be a decent experience.

In october we had a windstorm and the winds blew the acorns off our hundred foot tall oak tree onto our new car and it caused twenty eight hundred dollars damage in dents, a new hood was needed on the forester.

Since then the car has not been running right, the gas mileage dropped about eight miles to a gallon...down to twenty one mpg. The exhaust smells terrible and the motor powerband is messed up so I brought it into the dealership for warrantee work. It was not covered by the warrantee.. But it is covered by my comprehensive insurance. The scan of the system was perfect, but the mechanic knew there was a problem in the road test with the computer hooked up, the specs were all off. So he checked things out. The smell and the bad gas mileage are from the muffler being half full of acorns from the tree, and maybe a mouse nest too. Five hundred and ten dollars was the estimate, almost four hundred in parts. They said that they probably can't get the stuff out of the muffler completely so need to replace it....not even five thousand miles on the car. I want the old muffler, I will get the nuts out of it if I have to burn them out...I'll keep it as a spare, it costs about three hundred eighty bucks with the tax. I have zero deductible but the insurance company still has to approve it. The reason it is running funny is that the computer thinks the car is under load from the backpressure they said, so it thinks it is always running up a hill and it throws off the transmission shifting and the motor rebs higher too.

Am I upset? Not really, there is a pine martin now living under the wheel chair ramp next to the car now, he has gotten rid of all of the mice and some chippies. As good as having a cat, I should build him a little house under there and put a little heat duct running into it from the house. I will be putting a half inch by half inch mesh over the tailpipe once the new muffler is on, they said until the nuts are gone not to do it, they may get tossed up and out and plug the screen up since they are up to the level of the bottom of the outlet pipe right now. There has to be at least a couple hundred acorns in the muffler, maybe more. I wish I would have had such energetic employees working for me when I had my construction business, I'd be rich if they worked as hard as that rodent.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Thank you very much for the enlightenment, I had not come across this man before. I have now had a go with his breathe along video. Not yet managing the full length of time without breath but I did experience tingling in my fingers and arm joints and incredibly loud rushing/hissing in my ears during and after the hold and squeeze sections. So something was happening.

Eta vid

edit on 23-1-2021 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join