It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EO regarding gender identity jeopardizes female sports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
One of Biden's first Executive Orders appears non-discriminatory on the surface. Who wouldn't read it and think it's a good thing to treat all people with dignity and respect. But, a closer evaluation closes the door on any discussion regarding transgender male-to-female participation in girl's competitive sports.

Section 1. Policy. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports. Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes. People should be able to access healthcare and secure a roof over their heads without being subjected to sex discrimination. All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.

www.whitehouse.gov... entity-or-sexual-orientation/

If you have a daughter competing in school sports, she will be competing with males who identify as females. Case closed.

edit on 21-1-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

On the surface, you are right. Its great.

I have another question: what does this do to school dress codes. For example, rules pertaining to "split skirts" (essentially shorts that have a panel in the front that makes it look like a skirt) were clear that girls could wear shorts while boys could not. another rule in my alma mater (that still exists) is tucking in shirts. I used to jokingly say "its not a shirt its a blouse" when a teacher would try to remind me to tuck my shirt in as girls could wear an untucked shirt by calling it a blouse back then. So how does that work now?

FWIW, i think school dress codes are dumb as hell. If this "rule" forces a rethinking of dress codes, that alone to me is worth exploring.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
One of Biden's first Executive Orders appears non-discriminatory on the surface. Who wouldn't read it and think it's a good thing to treat all people with dignity and respect. But, a closer evaluation closes the door on any discussion regarding transgender male-to-female participation in girl's competitive sports.

Section 1. Policy. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports. Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes. People should be able to access healthcare and secure a roof over their heads without being subjected to sex discrimination. All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.

If you have a daughter competing in school sports, she will be competing with males who identify as females. Case closed.

This is the same recycled "World Ending" thought process that happens in some corners of the right. It happened during legalizing marijuana debate and here we are many years later where almost all state have some type of law from decriminalized to medical access and the sky hasn't fallen. Same thing with LGBT in the military, same thing with gay marriage, same thing with blacks in the military. All had "World Ending" type narratives attached to it by some on the right and yet we still are here and the world has not come to end.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But, a closer evaluation closes the door on any discussion regarding transgender male-to-female participation in girl's competitive sports.

knock her out Johnette

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Nothing to see here folks.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Gender fluid can play both male and female sports.

This should get interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.

Now if we could only get equal treatment under the law when it comes to race or political affiliation.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It may seem trite to some, but parents with daughters in competitive sports will see potential scholarships harder to get.

If a male self-identifies as female, he gets to compete....case closed. Your daughter may be a strong athletic 5'8" player, but up against a 6'2" 220 lb. muscle bound individual competing with her, the chances of a fair match are zilch.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

There was a recently a study done where it was concluded that men taking hormone treatment to transition still retained their biological advantages in muscle and bone even after having their testosterone levels reduced to the levels the Olympic committee required for the requisite year meaning they were still innately superior physically to the females in the same sports.

So, yeah, this erases women's sports if you are unlucky enough to be in an area where a boy suddenly decides to transition and compete against you.

As a woman who is getting back into the competitive venue again, this bothers me because I could run up against it.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Wait....why is it only males who identify as females?

Last time I checked soccer is nr.5 popular school sport in the US and US women soccer are a hell of lot better/tougher than the men.

Peace
edit on 21-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

where a boy suddenly decides to transition and compete against you.

I don't even think they have to transition...they just have to self-identify as female.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Is that why a high school boy's soccer team beat a pro women's team?

Understand, I'm a woman, and I was a high functioning athlete in my day. You don't make it into Div I athletics if you aren't. I competed in the heptathlon which isn't for sissies, but that doesn't mean I could compete against the guys. Men are physically stronger and more powerful than the women.

Sure, if I went out and pulled average Joe couch potato off the street, I could likely beat him because I'm in decent physical shape, but give him time to whip his butt into shape and the complexion of things changes.

Women may be able to take pain better, but that doesn't give us the muscle and bone mass of a man.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

This is the same recycled "World Ending" thought process that happens in some corners of the right. It happened during legalizing marijuana debate and here we are many years later where almost all state have some type of law from decriminalized to medical access and the sky hasn't fallen. Same thing with LGBT in the military, same thing with gay marriage, same thing with blacks in the military. All had "World Ending" type narratives attached to it by some on the right and yet we still are here and the world has not come to end.

It is destroying sports like cycling, track & field, and MMA where guys in drag are far stronger than females...

It is a serious issue.

There is a reason you don't see gay women competing with men.... women are simply not as strong as men. However, you see gay men dominating women. What is crazy is some of these guys were mediocre mens competitors before they transitioned and now are "champions".

edit on 21-1-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The world's not going to come to an end over it...just some awards and scholarship opportunities for hard-working female athletes.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The world's not going to come to an end over it...just some awards and scholarship opportunities for hard-working female athletes.

Women's rights in general are coming to an end. We aren't even allowed to call ourselves women because it excludes individuals who weren't biologically women. We're things like uterus owners or individuals who have periods, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Women's rights in general are coming to an end. We aren't even allowed to call ourselves women because it excludes individuals who weren't biologically women. We're things like uterus owners or individuals who have periods, etc.

Feminism meet karma....karma feminism.

Ohhhh snap....you are so going to kick my a** over that one.

*It's a joke!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't doubt what you say in the first paragraph of your post. What I doubt is the ratio of which you think this would happen, you think all of the sudden a bunch of dudes are going to be signing up for women's sports and that's just not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

Completely different.

The premise of many competitive sports, which as already mentioned include huge financial opportunities for the winners, is the physical skill of the athlete as compared to other competitors of the same biological sex.

None of your examples are analogous to that. Nothing prevents these male-to-female transgendered athletes from competing in male sports.

What is happening here, is the notion that sports don't need to be segregated at all. In other words, no more female competitions for anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Depends on which branch of it you're talking about.

I'm a conservative woman. I don't need feminists to tell me I'm powerful and strong. Everything I've ever done, I've earned for myself.

I spent plenty of time in school being the only girl in science and math classes, and I never once felt like I didn't belong because *gasp* all the boys. I earned my place.

My grandma was kicking butt before bras were being burned, and I had her example to follow.

Feminists want to be all tough, but to many of them are busy allying with the very same people busy erasing them now.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wasn't there something in the news recently about transgendered people having free access to feminine hygiene products?

Clown world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join