It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Articles of Impeachment just filed against Joe Biden

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:
(post by andy06shake removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

(post by Ringsofsaturn777 removed for a manners violation)
(post by andy06shake removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I am speaking on his substantive rights to due process. Trump's speech is protected under the First Amendment and he shouldn't have to keep his opinions and beliefs to himself or else. It's actually his right to freedom of speech that has been wronged, here. And, by proxy, everyone who supports him, too.

Set aside any strong held opinions & arbitrary reasons why his 1A rights are more limited -- our rights are EQUAL -- and ask yourself: Should the government be able to to threaten you, indict you, and prosecute you for what Trump said in his speech?

"Let's go down to the Capitol, I'll go with you."
"Protest peacefully"
"Make your voices heard"

Where did he advocate, encourage, or express that people had some right to go inside or should go inside, let alone be violent or kill anyone? He didn't.

He is being punished for openly challenging the election. 40% of Americans question it and have been talking about it. I imagine there are plenty of people who work for the federal government who have talked about it at work, at home, online...but they weren't threatened with prosecution. He's being treated arbitrarily.

It's reasonable to question the election for the anomalous late night spikes and broadcast tallies going backward, alone. Congress dangled the threat that he might be prosecuted in a day in front of him. Trump kept his mouth shut.

If you are honest, you would totally get that this direction of government will not benefit any of us. Basically, it will amuse his detractors.

Not worth it.

This is destined to benefit Congress and they will be emboldened to regulate speech through legislation or worse.

They just demonstrated that when it comes to election fraud, they won't ever have to answer to anyone. That is a fact whether you believe this election was fraudulent or not. They know they CAN fix elections and no one would ever be able to prove it with all the obstruction that's gone on. And, half the voters and big tech will be there to silence anyone questioning it.

Having just witnessed what happened to Trump..I'm afraid to speak freely. I'm very freaked out and I haven't done anything wrong! That I know of...maybe even discussing the protest or election fraud will get you at least a phone call with the FBl. There so much uncertainty about what's unfolded. That makes it even more chilling.

Nothing beneficial will come of this and Trump's speech did not rise to the level of inciting a riot. You have to rely completely on interpretation outside of the plain meaning of his words to argue it does.

edit on 1/23/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Closed for staff review

Terms And Conditions Of Use
edit on Sat Jan 23 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join