It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's punish the ignorant!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'd like to point out the emergence of the leftist idea that Trump supporters need to be cancelled from all civic, commercial and social infrastructure.

This is a major departure from any political or social reasoning widely held in my lifetime. Aside from being extremely alarming and damaging to the country, it's the very definition of fascism... namely, the forcible suppression of opposition.

If the logic is that Trump supporters were hoodwinked into believing false things, then I get the left's primary push to censor 'fake news'. (I'll leave alone whether that in and of itself is appropriate.) But they are calling for something way beyond that.

I can't think of another analogy that fits the same logical pattern.

Put another way, where else do we punish 'victims' of fraud or other crimes?

When grandma signs over her life savings to a Nigerian scamming ring, do we cancel grandma from society because she was too stupid to avoid the scam? Do we do the same to victims of abuse, rape or other crimes?

Obviously not.

So why would the left call for punishing a sizeable portion of the electorate that the left asserts were 'brainwashed' into false beliefs?

There's only one possible answer. Many of the left have in fact gone full fascist.

The crime isn't the ignorance. The opposition is the crime.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's because Trump is literal Hitler and those who supported him are literal Nazis. You'll never get a leftist to see otherwise. It's very Nietzsche of them.

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.

It's just the logical extension of the politics of personal destruction. It's easier to delegitimize and argument than to address it directly and argue against it and defeat it in straight debate, so they attack the one who makes it. This is where it leads. Make the people who hold those opposing ideas less than human, and pretty soon, nothing you do to them is beyond the pale.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
WTF is cancel culture all about? It’s not even boycotting. It is an attempt to censure free speech. Depriving someone from earning money.

However, not everyone who didn’t vote Trump feels this way, just like not all Trump supporters are white supremacists.

Anyway, really sorry your feelings are hurt by what’s happened recently, from my perspective, you could help change things in 4 years time. But I doubt you will and I doubt they will change.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nietzsche, indeed.

They've been staring into the abyss of their hatred of Trump, that many of them have become, or are becoming, the monster they thought Trump was...

Miss Cortez (D-NY) I'm looking right at you!!
edit on 1/21/2021 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I'd like to point out the emergence of the leftist idea that Trump supporters need to be cancelled from all civic, commercial and social infrastructure.

This is a major departure from any political or social reasoning widely held in my lifetime. Aside from being extremely alarming and damaging to the country, it's the very definition of fascism... namely, the forcible suppression of opposition.

If the logic is that Trump supporters were hoodwinked into believing false things, then I get the left's primary push to censor 'fake news'. (I'll leave alone whether that in and of itself is appropriate.) But they are calling for something way beyond that.

I can't think of another analogy that fits the same logical pattern.

Put another way, where else do we punish 'victims' of fraud or other crimes?

When grandma signs over her life savings to a Nigerian scamming ring, do we cancel grandma from society because she was too stupid to avoid the scam? Do we do the same to victims of abuse, rape or other crimes?

Obviously not.

So why would the left call for punishing a sizeable portion of the electorate that the left asserts were 'brainwashed' into false beliefs?

There's only one possible answer. Many of the left have in fact gone full fascist.

The crime isn't the ignorance. The opposition is the crime.

Can you cite some examples of who is promoting this idea? I've heard of boycotts of companies and private companies making decision about who they want their brand to be associated with in terms of political donations and employment. I haven't seen any systematic effort targeting private individuals and denying them of their rights as citizens just because they are Trump supporters, I might be wrong but I haven't seen any of that.
edit on 21-1-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Demoncrats real modus operandi I would agree is fascism. This was demonstrated pretty clearly in 2016 when HRC colluded with the DNC executive to essentially hijack a democratic process. And on face value Demoncrats seemed fine with that....which is bad, because if they're prepared to do that to themselves......just exactly what are they prepared to do to anyone not with them.

They don't like democracy, and they certainly don't like free speech....and things are probably going to get worse.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The marriage is irreconcilable and divorce is truly the only logical and productive path forward... eventually that opportunity will pass and mariticide will be the only answer.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Snowflakes vs Drama queens....USA2.0

Punish the ignorant....let's just deny ignorance.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Here's one

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

When grandma signs over her life savings to a Nigerian scamming ring, do we cancel grandma from society because she was too stupid to avoid the scam?

Depends. Did Grandma spend 4 years calling everyone who tried to tell her she’s been swindled a traitor? Did she spend the past few years trying to tear apart the family in the name of the Nigerian Prince who swindled her? All the time yelling at everyone that she’s really saving the family?

Did she fly a flag with the Nigerian princes face on it to stick it to everyone that told her she was being swindled? Does she really believe the only source of truth is the Nigerian Prince?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, it’s time to take grandmas car keys away. Because she obviously doesn’t have a firm grip on reality.
edit on 21-1-2021 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

When grandma signs over her life savings to a Nigerian scamming ring, do we cancel grandma from society because she was too stupid to avoid the scam?

Depends. Did Grandma spend 4 years calling everyone who tried to tell her she’s been swindled a traitor? Did she spend the past few years trying to tear apart the family in the name of the Nigerian Prince who swindled her? All the time yelling at everyone that she’s really saving the family?

Did she fly a flag with the Nigerian princes face on it to stick it to everyone that told her she was being swindled? Does she really believe the only source of truth is the Nigerian Prince?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, it’s time to take grandmas car keys away.

...yet you continue to expect generous kindness to be shown, massive welfare paid to, and political and social appeasement extended to those who spent the past 4 years yelling "No borders, no walls, no USA at all," spent the past 4 years chanting "death to the USA," used threats of mob violence and terrorism to cajole communities into complying with demands for reduced crime prevention spending and more welfare benefits paid for by those in the country actually being productive and worthwhile citizens, and spent the past 4 years burning the American flag while projecting sympathy and moral support to the nation's enemies?

You're special, aren't you?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, it’s time to take grandmas car keys away.

Just call Grandma a racist white supremacist. That'll fix 'er up.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Here's one

Last time I check the GOP legislators said that when they objected that they were following the Constitutional process. Well now Dem legislators are following the SAME constitutional process to have them expelled from Congress. All I see there is democracy and constitutional processes at work. If you never objected to the election lawsuits and the objection of Jan 6 but you take offense to this then you need to check yourself.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's because Trump is literal Hitler and those who supported him are literal Nazis. You'll never get a leftist to see otherwise. It's very Nietzsche of them.

Trump enacted the largest genocide against feelings the world has ever seen.

Millions of feelings, decimated, in a matter of years. It's impossible to quantify the number of butts hurt as well.

Lol

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It's an irony how some of those very same Democrats used the very same process to object to the election in 2016 though and no one tried to expel them for it because ... *gasp* ... it's fully constitutional, within their rights to do, and not all that uncommon to have happen.

Nope, it's just now that it's suddenly become traitorous and beyond the pale for lawmakers to do what has generally been accepted to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

...just make sure Grandma doesn't die because after she's in the ground she'll vote Democrat and make everything far worse.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...yet you continue to expect generous kindness to be shown, massive welfare paid to, and political and social appeasement extended to those who spent the past 4 years yelling "No borders, no walls, no USA at all," spent the past 4 years chanting "death to the USA," used threats of mob violence and terrorism to cajole communities into complying with demands for reduced crime prevention spending and more welfare benefits paid for by those in the country actually being productive and worthwhile citizens, and spent the past 4 years burning the American flag while projecting sympathy and moral support to the nation's enemies?

You're special, aren't you?

The only thing I expect is people like you to continue vomiting word salad on people like me any time your fragile beliefs are threatened.

I kind of dig the image you invented of me right there. But in reality I’m not that cool.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, it’s time to take grandmas car keys away. Because she obviously doesn’t have a firm grip on reality.

Awesome! Let the inquisitions begin! Burn, heretic, burn!

Or put another way, you shouldn't have worn that suggestive dress.

edit on 21-1-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's an irony how some of those very same Democrats used the very same process to object to the election in 2016 though and no one tried to expel them for it because ... *gasp* ... it's fully constitutional, within their rights to do, and not all that uncommon to have happen.

Nope, it's just now that it's suddenly become traitorous and beyond the pale for lawmakers to do what has generally been accepted to do.

I haven't said that though.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Tell me who was threatened with the loss of their job?
I see someone being punished for daring to question the integrity of the election.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join