It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Blacklisting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is also a huge difference between choosing to avoid and have no interactions with someone you dislike to getting on your soap box and yelling at the top of your lungs about how much you hate said person and encourage others to socially shun them and abuse their mental health.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nivhk

See ... it's fine because it has been established for the people doing this that Trump is literally Hitler, so if you support him, you are literally a Nazi. That means you can do whatever to those kinds because they're not human like anyone else.

That's exactly the MO. They convince people that the opposing viewpoint is the equivalent of Hitler. By supporting Trump, you are indirectly supporting white supremacy and Hitler. After all, no one should feel bad about destroying Hitler....

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I'm well aware, but I have to atleast attempt to offer dialogue.

Just trying to give my perspective while hoping one of them can offer some insight into how their neurons rationalize this.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
loosely tied to this op...any backlash from Garth Brooks singing at the regime installation show?
So surprised he didn't sing "Friends in Low Places"

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Fu*ck these people.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
People are free to boycott her similar to boycotting a bakery that refuses to make a cake for being gay or wanting a cake with Hitler and swastika on it. Heck they can boycott her for her hair style for all I care. Consumers are free to choose where they purchase goods or services.

No one is arguing that people aren’t free to boycott.

You go ahead and boycott anyone or anything that even remotely looks like conservatism or Trump related.

I think the point of the OP is that these people are assholes.

If that wasn’t the point of the OP, fine. I’m saying those moms are total assholes. The left is addicted to anger. That’s also the hallmark of an asshole.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think this calls for a two pronged approach. First off, emphasize that she is a conservative, and mention the GOYA boycott. She can hope for a similar return. Second, return the favor. Find any and all businesses that the lefties who are driving this own, and make sure everyone knows who's doing it and what they are doing. That way, if conservatives want to spend money somewhere, they have a choice to not spend it on #tards.

The first thought that ran through my head was, “Ok, when are the idiots going to learn that boycotting someone just drives the other side to drive sales up?”.

Hell, if I were a business owner, I’d put out stories that I was being boycotted and just wait for the return on investment!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Feel the purge!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Bigotry by any other name is just as sweet.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: frogs453
People are free to boycott her similar to boycotting a bakery that refuses to make a cake for being gay or wanting a cake with Hitler and swastika on it. Heck they can boycott her for her hair style for all I care. Consumers are free to choose where they purchase goods or services.

I'm more outraged over paying 300 for a 40 min phone call which some commenters state regurgitates some already known practices. I guess outraged isn't the right word. Maybe jealous? I've had 3 babies and I didn't think of charging other moms for techniques.

People boycotting things is great. No issues there. Companies and tech platforms blacklisting people they disagree with politically will not end well.

Individual boycotting is ok. I am boycotting every single entertainer/musician who has made ugly statements about "Trump supporters (i.e. voters). Nothing wrong with individual choices, I've not told anyone else to do it, it is my personal choice. Any comedian,entertainer, musician is free to make ugly remarks about 70 million human beings in the nation. Then the individual 70 million insulted have the right to individually choose to boycott the person who openly said how much they hated the nearly one out of every three individuals in the USA.

Corporate dictate especially when monopolies are dictating what massive numbers of people are and are not allowed to hear is dangerous to free speech. Especially platforms that are public platforms designed for speech for the public.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So progressives are now boycotting a mommy blogger because she (GASP!) donated $2000 to the trump campaign.

I live in a uber liberal community and not surprised by this at all. Any business owner is playing with fire publicly admitting they support Trump or any Republican for that matter. You could be a great neighbor and pillar of the community. However, if it came out you didn't support the liberal gestapo, you best believe you'd get run out of town. The moms would be all over Facebook trying to destroy your business.

Not much else to say...

Moms Boycotting Trump Supporting Baby Sleep Expert

This is capitalism - AND this kind of thing has been going on since the founding of America.

You don't have to support someone that you don't like. You don't have to buy from a company if you don't like their policies or the people they support.

This is freedom.

Sharing info and saying "I don't like their policies and won't buy from them" is acceptable. I don't like Walmart's policies or their owners' policies and I don't shop there as long as I have other alternatives.

Every group of every political stripe has done this. People boycott businesses because they don't like the religion, the ethnicity of the owner, or other things.

What are you proposing as an alternative? Do YOU shop/patronize places that support causes you don't like if you have other choices?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I disagree...

Doxing and boycotting someone simply because they exercised their right to vote?

Again, there is a bit of nuance here. Yes, I support people making choices. However, I think most rational people are not going to try to destroy someone simply because they support an opposing party.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

It would be one thing if I ran an business and I was open and up front about my politics in everything I did and made them part of my business, but if she made an anonymous donation and someone dug it up and dished on her just because they didn't like that they discovered her private preferences?

That's wrong.

How does her private interest inform anything about her expertise or business model when she hasn't made those things part of it?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

They are having their own great white throne judgement. Their books are open to see who is worthy to enter their little Heaven on earth. Maybe they need a savior that can forgive them of their sins. Lady Gaga can lead worship as the power of darkness comes to cleans their souls.

edit on 21-1-2021 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2021 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

They are having their own great white throne judgement. Their books are open to see who is worthy to enter their little Heaven on earth. Maybe they need a savior that can forgive them if their sins. Lady Gaga can lead worship as the power of darkness comes to cleans their souls.

Judge not lest ye be judged ... and by the very standards you use to judge others. Of course that's all about judging who is and is not to be saved. Talking about how is damned or not. Only God can do that one.
edit on 21-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The guy I buy my pork from is a social Democrat. I would never boycott him on his politics. That’s just stupid. Our political difference is literally the only thing we disagree with. If he wasn’t an upstanding person, that would be different.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Okay. Now, work with me here for a moment.

We're suffering from wide spread, rampant systematic racism apparently.

Racism has been established as bad, right?

You know, hating someone, targeting them them.

So, now that we have that out in the air. It's now acceptable to not only openly hate someone for having different views, but to go out of your way to actively harm them and shun them to the back of the bus?

If you can't follow along with what I'm saying here, you may be more of the problem.

You guys have way too many rules here for the left. They are really hard to follow so please set me straight:
1. We shouldn't be allowed to vote
2. If we vote we are not allowed to win elections
3. We cant protest because we are too violent
4. You can't take a knee, which is peaceful, because it hurts your feelings
5. We cant do boycotts, which is peaceful, because it hurts your pockets and your feelings
6. We can choose what to do to our bodies
7. We cant choose who to marry
8. We cant choose how we live our lives

I'm I missing anything? Anyways boycotts have existed for as long as commerce have existed I imagine and the burden really should not be on the consumer but on the business. If you run a business you should be aware and prepared for all the risks that are associated with running a business. If you don't you probably wont have a business for long.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

So long as you don't take the time to understand anything, there's no point. All of your issues have been discussed here ad nauseum with various members making the truth on these things clear, and if those gross and incorrect generalizations are all you derived from those pages long threads, no short explanation can help you.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Yes, people can boycott who they please. However, that is not really the point.

My point is the sensitivity on display by liberals in that they believe simply supporting Trump with a campaign donation is worthy of a boycott. Someone finds publicly available info that she donated a few bucks to the campaign and that justifies the outrage?

Even though I lean right, I'd never consider boycotting someone because they vote Democrat or gave money to a Democrat.

This is madness. It is even more scary that so many people on the left don't see an issue with it.

Now.. I'll admit. Even my left wing warrior self thinks it's a bit extreme.

That being said... It really.. (from my point of view as a liberal) the extremeness has nothing to do with Trump being a Republican really.

I think alot of conservatives on this board don't get that.

The liberal left... wouldn't have been nearly as outraged over the last 4 years, and been so extreme and angry... And wouldn't be taking measures like this... If your candidate was..

Mitt Romney, Mitch Mcconnell, Ben Shapiro, John Mccain, Ted Cruz... Literally anyone.. any known Republican.... But you chose Trump

Trump is the focal point, the enemy,.the disgrace here... Us liberals could've handled.. gracefully another George Bush Jr. term... Literally anyone... But we got the one candidate that made us feel like the right went abosolutely insane.

This isn't about Republicans... It's about THAT particular one

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I hope their kids scream all night

HaHa

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join