It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Signs Federal Mask Mandate; Breaks It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's not like Biden is alone in this. Officials have been caught breaking their own rules this whole time. Biden is just now the highest profile, and when he's been bragging about how he has *the plan* and this is part of it, this is not a good look from the start.

Honestly, as far as I am concerned, this is mostly political theatre from all of them.

COVID is a real disease, and it can be very serious, but it's also been overblown for political reasons too. The treatment of their own rules has been one of the big indicators of just how serious it really isn't.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

ohh cool, thanks for the info man.

So technically he wouldn't be breaking the rules wearing a mask in the presidential residence of the White House around his own family. I know its just a silly nit-pick but it was just something I was thinking about.

Like technically his secret service are not part of his family but will be in the residence.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Joe Biden ushered in his reign by singing a Federal Mask Mandate on all Federal Lands and Properties, but I guess that doesn't apply to him ... just like so many of our betters. Masks for thee, but not for me.

Freakin trump

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The order specifies:

Sec. 2. Immediate Action Regarding Federal Employees, Contractors, Buildings, and Lands. (a) The heads of executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall immediately take action, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to require compliance with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures by: on-duty or on-site Federal employees; on-site Federal contractors; and all persons in Federal buildings or on Federal lands.

CDC guidelines:

A mask is NOT a substitute for social distancing. Masks should still be worn in addition to staying at least 6 feet apart, especially when indoors around people who don’t live in your household.

Masks may not be necessary when you are outside by yourself away from others, or with other people who live in your household. However, some localities may have mask mandates while out in public, please check for the rules in your locality.

www.cdc.gov...

According to this article, DC has mandated outdoor mask usage.
www.wusa9.com...
here are the exceptions:

a. A person is a resident or guest in a private home or apartment;
b. A person is actually eating, drinking, or legally smoking;
c. A person is engaged in vigorous outdoor exercise and is maintaining social distance of at least six (6) feet from each other person;
d. A person is in the water at a swimming pool;
e. A person is in an enclosed office that no one else is permitted to enter;
f. A person is aged two (2) years old or younger;
g. A person is unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition or disability, or is physically unable to remove a mask;
h. A person is giving a speech for broadcast or an audience, provided no one is within six feet of the speaker;
i. A deaf or hard of hearing person needs to read the lips of a speaker;
j. The equipment required for a job precludes the wearing of a mask and the person is wearing that equipment, or when wearing a mask would endanger public safety;
k. A person has been lawfully asked to remove the mask for facial recognition purposes.

coronavirus.dc.gov...#:~:text=of%20this%20Order%3A-,1.,person%20is%20wearing%20a%20mask.

The newly inaugurated president went bare-faced not only during a televised address to the American people, but also outside the context of the speech, as he stood at the foot of the memorial, C-SPAN footage shows.

The clip showed Biden standing before the towering statue of the nation’s 16th president, another person a short distance to his left at an angle that obscures whether they too were unmasked.

nypost.com...
Looks like he broke his own law.
Which just goes to show what a ridiculous law it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Guys, lets go to the basics "Mandates" are not laws, I see soo many people talking about mandates like they were laws passed by congress.

No mandates are no law, so actually nobody have to follow them, yes that include the demo Rat president

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Zrtst
So while on a federal interstate highway, must a mask be worn whilst driving?
asking for a friend

He decreed it for interstate travel, so that's what I'm wondering as I live in a city that straddles state lines. Do I have to wear one in the car now if I happen to pop over the state line here?

In which case, he can bite me.

I thought it was for federal buildings? Here it’s in all public places so stop whining. Nobody likes the masks but nobody wants to catch Covid either or catch it from you

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wear a mask when you can’t social distance

I'll take my chances without. Should I start washing my hands after pushing a shopping cart around the grocery store, too?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I thought about the semantics of what I wrote after I'd posted.

Biden violated his own brand new exectutive order.

Unless I'm wrong, whatever you call it, it can still be enforced.
www.fox43.com... c38ffa0d63

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Surely the left can't stand living under these conditions much longer... How much longer before they, too, leave the democrat party and sing this on their way out?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: marg6043

I thought about the semantics of what I wrote after I'd posted.

Biden violated his own brand new exectutive order.

Unless I'm wrong, whatever you call it, it can still be enforced.
www.fox43.com... c38ffa0d63

Let's be real ... If he was Trump, he'd have been impeached by now.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Looks like he broke his own law

The mayor of D.C. issued that order, not the president, and it doesn't apply to federal property.

Biden's order does apply to federal property and is quite vague about the specifics other than "CDC guidelines."

Did he violate those guidelines? Maybe.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Time to impeach!

Hell yeah! Impeach the motherfricker!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I'll take my chances without. Should I start washing my hands after pushing a shopping cart around the grocery store, too?

I generally squirt some sanitizer in my hands after using a shopping cart, but I was doing that pre-covid and mainly because I know how often people don’t wash their hands after taking a piss or wiping their asses. While I know I won’t get sick from it, it just grosses me out. To be honest, I don’t even wash my own hands after I take a piss most times, but I also know that my tallywhacker isn’t covered with the remnants of other people’s body fluids.

And I worked in restaurants for over 20 years and you end up washing your hands about every 3-5 minutes in that business, if you’re actually working. It’s just habit at this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ah.

OK, that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You think washing you hands is gonna hurt, or curtails your freedom? It's not the worst idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

I generally squirt some sanitizer in my hands after using a shopping cart, but I was doing that pre-covid and mainly because I know how often people don’t wash their hands after taking a piss or wiping their asses. While I know I won’t get sick from it, it just grosses me out. To be honest, I don’t even wash my own hands after I take a piss most times, but I also know that my tallywhacker isn’t covered with the remnants of other people’s body fluids.

And I worked in restaurants for over 20 years and you end up washing your hands about every 3-5 minutes in that business, if you’re actually working. It’s just habit at this point.

Definitely no harm in that... I've always looked at it as "what I don't know won't hurt me." I'm sure there are plenty of times where I have eaten fast food with spit in it, or spittle, or piss sprinkles. Truth is, it doesn't hurt us, but if I KNOW it's in there, I'll immediately gag. Thanks to the hogs in the call center where I work, I refuse to open public bathroom doors or lift seats without a napkin or some TP. Every time I flush the toilet, the TP/napkin wipes a smudge of oil off of the daily cleaned handle. And some girls I won't even go behind because I swear they leave behind a steamy plate of humid Halibut somewhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You think washing you hands is gonna hurt, or curtails your freedom? It's not the worst idea.

Not when it's my choice, no. But I never wash my hands unless I've been working on something outside or I'm in the shower. You know, that much washing can keep the germs away and weaken your immune system, I'd rather continually let my immune system stay strong and fight germs.

When I was in the 3rd grade, we had a lesson on germs and your immune system and how your immune system strengthens by fighting off germs, kind of like a workout for your immune system. Then we learned about germs being under our fingernails more than anywhere else. I looked at my fingernails and saw dirt and rust in them from the merry-go-round on the playground and bit into it. Coincidentally, or not, I got a stomach bug that week but kept biting on my nails and before i knew it, I had a habit of biting my nails until braces stopped me in the 8th grade. But I haven't had the flu, nor a flu shot since elementary school and I still catch a stomach bug about every 4 years or so but nothing else. I always figured my immune system got strong when I was biting my nails and since I no longer do, I just don't bother washing my hands.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good lord when will everyone get the new rules?

The elite Democratic Party class does not have to follow any rules or laws they set for the peon masses.

Shut up and accept the fundamental change that "everyone" voted for. That's the way it will be in the US now that the Democratic Party runs the entire government. Just shut up and worship the party and know it's deities are special.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The order was for all Federal Lands and Federal Buildings.

The Lincoln Memorial would fall under that EO.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Do you enjoy being muzzled too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join