It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect the NHS - Tory MP's reject legal bid to protect the NHS in post brexit trade deals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't think anyone can really be that surprised at the duplicitous nature of The Tory Party.

But I honestly suspect that so effective has their 'Protect the NHS' campaign been that any serious attempt to sell off the NHS or reduce funding into it would be met with such a public outcry that it would condemn The Tories to a long period of opposition.
Its going to be hard for them to hold on to those 'Red Wall' seats at the next election, any move against the NHS would make it impossible.

I suspect Boris the Oaf has made a rod for his own back......whether we have an Opposition capable of using it remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think we should have legislation in this country that is pass that protects the NHS and makes all this clear because for years the NHS has been subjected to back-door privatisation.

I do actually think some degree of privatisation can be a really good thing but right now from what I see it feels like there isn't any control and protection in pace.

Tories are an absolute joke though, they clap like it's going to fix all the problems, they are full of platitudes but when it actually comes down to taking action they do sweet F.A. Whats to bet they have some of their mates lined up ready to buy up some lucrative NHS contracts, just look at what happened with the school meals contract...that could very well be what happens to with the contract for the guys who provide you with your diabetes care for example.

edit on 21-1-2021 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Labour tried several times and the Tory's used to block it and if they failed in parliament back then since the Tory's always had the house of Lords at that time they would block it there if it passed the lower house.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Funding for the NHS should be ring fenced.

But there's no denying there are some appalling Managers in the NHS and there is far too much cronyism and brown envelope payments.

My daughter is a theatre nurse - although she is currently working on Covid wards - and she frequently gets invited to nights out by various surgeons.
Meals, drinks etc are paid for by suppliers trying to get surgeons to buy their products. She tells me these usually involve payments to the surgeons as well.
I'm sure these companies are also the one's pushing for increased privatisation.....and just happen to be large contributors to The Conservative Party.
And I'm sure its not coincidental that upon leaving The House of Commons many Tory MP's get Directorships or Consultancies at these companies.

Funding to the NHS absolutely has to be protected, but it needs to managed in a professional manner and the waste and cronyism needs to be eradicated.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

the tories never even wanted the NHS and have been trying to privitise it for years, their track record for selling off public assets is well known

tories claim the NHS is not up for sale

not that I need to post this as many already know

a short history of privitisation in the UK

you really trust them not to sell it off ?

Have you read your own link, from the Guardian of all places? Privatisation (which is disingenuous, pharmacies for example have been private companies for a long while) actually reached its highest level under Blair - the article even says so and that PFI rose hugely under Labour.

Actually having private companies involved where it's more cost effective and most efficient makes sense, who do you think developed the uk designed Covid vaccine? Would you have rather waited for an NHS developed one?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join