It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Powered By Salt Water?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: yuppa
Sea water batteries not sea water in an internal combustion engine.

I was just comparing it to the one that used it as a fuel.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think Bob Lazar allegedly had a vehicle than ran on water.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No problem, I was just pointing out the difference to the tech being discussed although, technically, they are not sea water batteries either.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think Bob Lazar allegedly had a vehicle than ran on water.
Here's a video of Bob explaining how his car runs on hydrogen. The interviewer says something about running on water, and Bob immediately corrects him saying "You can't run a car on water", in the opening remarks of this video.

Bob Lazar's Hydrogen Powered Corvette

So it's not something Bob Lazar alleges, it's something that's alleged by others who have mush for brains and didn't pay attention to Bob's clear statement that "You can't run a car on water". By the way, that includes saltwater, though Bob didn't mention it specifically, but you can't run a car on saltwater either, at least not seawater. Nanoflowcell calls it "metallic salts in an aqueous solution" which is a better description to avoid confusion with seawater or ordinary saltwater.

edit on 2021121 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Aye thats the ticket.

I knew i remembered something to do with Lazar and this kind of tech.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You could make a flow battery that uses two metallic salt tanks.

Instead of recharging you transfer the discharged metallic salt solutions from your tanks to the station tanks, and they give you a charged metallic salt solutions from there charging system using solar or grid power.
en.wikipedia.org...
large.stanford.edu...
edit on 22-1-2021 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The hydrogen was causing corrosion in metal parts somehow and the parts in turn heated up cracking the ceramic parts. it sbeen 20 plus years so i cant remember the specifics.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Aye thats the ticket.

I knew i remembered something to do with Lazar and this kind of tech.
I don't know if you watched the video, but in the back of the car, Lazar shows the gas cap where you can fill the gas tank with gasoline (petrol) and next to that is his modified fuel port where he can hook up a hose from his hydrogen generator. So the car has an internal combustion engine, designed to run on gasoline, which has been modified to run on hydrogen. Lazar implies it can run on either.

Lazar's hydrogen tech is using an internal combustion engine, which is not much like "this kind of tech" referring to the running on metallic salts in aqueous solution, which is technically a sort of battery. However, it is possible to use hydrogen in fuel cells, which are sort of like batteries, but that's not how Bob Lazar used the hydrogen he produced.

originally posted by: yuppa

The hydrogen was causing corrosion in metal parts somehow and the parts in turn heated up cracking the ceramic parts. it sbeen 20 plus years so i cant remember the specifics.
I was debating whether to mention that, but since you mentioned it, there are some concerns with converting gasoline engines to run on hydrogen. I had looked for details in the past, but what many people seemed to not realize was that when you took a car that was designed to run on gasoline, and ran it on hydrogen instead, it would work in the short term, but it could cause long term problems. One problem with hydrogen in an internal combustion engine can be pre-ignition, which can result in very high temperatures in the combustion chamber which can lead to engine failure.

It's possible to design vehicles to run on hydrogen, but such designs are not typically part of gasoline to hydrogen conversion kits. For example, this pdf suggests for hydrogen, design the engine with two small exhaust valves, instead of one large valve as many gasoline engines have:

Hydrogen Use in Internal Combustion Engines

Additional measures to decrease the probability of preignition are the use of two small exhaust valves as opposed to a single large one, and the development of an effective scavenging system, that is, a means of displacing exhaust gas from the combustion chamber with fresh air.

I haven't seen a gasoline to hydrogen conversion kit yet that changes the number of exhaust valves.

I suspect some people who installed hydrogen conversion kits ran into premature problems with their engines, but I don't think anybody is collecting data on this, and how would they know anyway? The person running the conversion kit may not even realize the premature engine failure was accelerated by using hydrogen, and they may not be inclined to brag about that.

There are of course other design considerations to use hydrogen as a fuel, and whether hydrogen should be used in internal combustion designs at all, since using it in a hydrogen fuel cell has the distinct advantage of greater efficiency, giving the car greater range since hydrogen is difficult to store in adequate amounts in a car.

Is hydrogen internal combustion a better idea than fuel cells?

Storing hydrogen in a car still remains a hurdle, so the technology that can go further per precious ounce of hydrogen (that’s fuel cells) is the winner.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You know what all these different fuels have in common?

They are all NOT water.

edit on 22-1-2021 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Cheers for the info Arbitrageur, i just seemed to remember something to do with Bob and strange powered jetcars, i thought it was along the lines of turning salt water into hydrogen peroxide all the same.

Anyhoo ile be holding out for Bobs Element 115 reaction anti matter variant.

I mean that would be the really impressive model.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Cheers for the info Arbitrageur, i just seemed to remember something to do with Bob and strange powered jetcars, i thought it was along the lines of turning salt water into hydrogen peroxide all the same.

Anyhoo ile be holding out for Bobs Element 115 reaction anti matter variant.
You can stop holding your breath for that. Bob Lazar already formed a company with Bob Bigelow to exploit the amazing properties of Lazar's alleged element 115. But Bob Bigelow didn't take too long to realize what Lazar's alleged element 115 really was (it wasn't really element 115) so the company was very short-lived. Lazar supporters like to pretend this didn't happen, but it really shows Lazar's true colors for anyone undecided about Lazar:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well the Moscovium 115 dont seem to do what it says on Bobs tin.

With a half-life of about 220 milliseconds and no release of antimatter.

Might be another isotope of such all the same, but im not getting my hopes up in that dept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join