It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapps Mystery Wire interviews Robert Bigelow - News incoming either today or tomorrow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Phage

As I CLEARLY stated, I'm saying there is a clue there.

If one person sees something massive, detailed and fascinating, point blank.
And another person, shoulder to shoulder sees NOTHING,

then that is a glaring difference.

This is a pretty common occurrence and it has no credible explanation.

I'm not saying what the difference is...

Just that it's worth investigating; it would be foolish not to do so.

Kev
If we are still talking about skinwalker ranch here, if security guards who worked there were conditioned to expect to see strange things by telling them to be sure to record any strange things they see, then that sets expectations, and some people can be more influenced by such expectations than others.

I still remember when my uncle told us children spooky stories about weird creatures, then we'd go for a walk at night and could get freaked out by tricks of light and shadow and wind blowing leaves and such, because we were primed with with the stories which were fresh in our minds. I doubt I'm as susceptible to that now but I remember it as a child when I was more susceptible. One story he primed us with was some kind of half-man half something else flying creature, when when we went for a walk at night, the mosquitos were attracted to us and as the mosquitoes descended on us, the bats descended on the mosquitoes to eat them, and were fluttering around us darting madly about, with fresh thoughts of the flying half man creature story still on our minds. I think our uncle enjoyed freaking us out with those stories and he probably knew the bats would freak us out, since when they fly past a streetlight they can make much larger shadows on the sidewalk.

That's not exactly a "cultural" bias but it's another type of bias I was exposed to, and priming the security guards to expect to see strange things by telling them to write them down would be another.

Hallucinations are common even in the nonclinical population:

Culture and Hallucinations: Overview and Future Directions

The research reported here suggests that cultural expectations shape the way people pay attention to their sensory experience. These different patterns of attention may be responsible for differing experiences of hallucinations...

Both the ethnographic and clinical literatures agree that hallucinations are common in the nonclinical population.8,9 The form of hallucination in the clinical and nonclinical population are, however, relatively distinct, and there seem to be, broadly speaking, 3 dominant patterns...

Persons with psychosis often hallucinate many times each day...

By contrast, hallucinations experienced in the general population are likely to be brief, not unpleasant and not experienced frequently. Depending on the way the question is asked, 10%–15% or more of the population report them.

originally posted by: MysterX
Now it seems the Lazar bashing ammunition is not that E115 is possible or actually exists, now it's 'the wrong kind of E115'...
This is not the 'the wrong kind of E115', it's not ANY kind of E115! It's a commercial emulsive product which doesn't contain any element 115, that Bob Lazar was trying to con Bob Bigelow with saying it was E115, according to Jacques Vallee, who should be in a good position to know such things, having been a consultant for Bob Bigelow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: mirageman
Truth is if Bob's story was real he has absolutely nothing but a story. Who's trying to prove him a fake? Oh!

Jacques Vallee noted Bob Bigelow sussed him out pretty quickly pretending he had the mysterious stable version of E115 but it was in fact industrial emulsifier.

See Forbidden Science 4

As for the other isotopes of Element 115 that haven't been made in a lab yet, none of them are expected to be anywhere near stable as shown in this chart from the wikipedia article called "Island of Stability":

You can see specific half life predictions for the various isotopes of element 115 here. The longest predicted half-life is 4 days (2nd row in each box).

Isotopes aside, Lazar's commercial emulsive product Vallee wrote about sounds like a flat out hoax which Bob Lazar claimed was E115 but it wasn't. Actually it sounds like a sort of stupid hoax since the fake 115, supposedly a "superheavy" element, was according to Vallee, "almost weightless", a property not expected for even heavy elements like lead, so it's even less credible for a "superheavy" element.

edit on 2021125 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I've written some articles recently, about how 'priming the unconscious' is
an often used technique if you want someone to jump to unwarranted
conclusions. It's a common part of stage magic and traditional shamanism both.

I've well aware of most psychological factors when it comes to unusual
experiences; I'm not talking about those; I always strive to filter those
factors out when I research something.

Now.. a case like Kevin Day (IMHO).. that would be a great case study in
something which was never there and never happened except in a completely
prosaic manner, getting someone quite excited, and leading to long-term
personality changes. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. It presumably
happens quite a lot.

In a case like my BTUFO case, I can tell you that very nearly NOTHING
that I expected (and had primed myself with on some level) happened
as I expected as it would. It could hardly be fantasy wish fulfillment,
when my 'fantasy' never occurred. Frankly all of my life's 'supranormal
seeming experiences/experiments have followed that script. I've never
found even ONE happy self-delusion.. all of them have been rather brutal
for the most part; not entirely, but generally brutal, pointing me in directions
that I had never wanted to go.

I have no preference of non-prosaic answers over prosaic answers
It is answers that I want.

That said, genuinely anomalous APPEARING things will always get
a fair hearing from me.

It's the stuff new science is made of.

Kev

edit on 25-1-2021 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If I had the opportunity...I would like to ask Robert Bigelow a question: Putting yourself in an interstellar capable, ET aliens mindset --- What place on Earth would you be very interested to visit?

My own answer: Well...Calvert Cliffs, Maryland - Located on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, near Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant.

An excellent example: The 2017 PBS NOVA documentary - "Life's Rocky Start"

"At this place (Calvert Cliffs), you get a sense of the immensity of time and the constancy of change."

quote: Robert M. Hazen

starts at 48:30

edit on 25-1-2021 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
double post: Sorry mods...
edit on 25-1-2021 by Erno86 because: double post

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: inert
youtube link

If you watch, pretty much normal conversation until 29 minutes into it when George turns the topic to Skin Walker Ranch and UFOs. Now, suddenly lots of coughing and clearing the throat. I'm no body language expert, but you might draw some conclusions from that.
I noticed his coughing too, and it did seem more like a "tell" to me, than a natural cough response.

Second Interview

He goes on to talk about the afterlife, consciousness, paranormal activity, and if they are all connected. He's apparently got a Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies (BICS). It is interesting stuff. I hope that he gets more comfortable talking about these topics and starts to lay out some of the stuff he knows. No idea if NDA's are holding him back or if TTSA has weakened some resistance to hold this information closely so that he's now opening up, but he clearly knows more than he's currently willing to disclose.
Or he thinks he "knows" some things. He seems 100% sure that aliens have visited Earth, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and he is so immersed in paranormal thinking that I wouldn't trust that what he thinks he "knows" is "knowledge" in the scientific sense. I don't find Bigelow's unsubstantiated alien claims any more credible than the claims of Jesse Marcel who thought he could see "alien writing" on this wreckage and said he was convinced it wasn't from Earth (From "The Roswell Report" by the US Air Force):

Bigelow's alien evidence could be just as lame as that for all we know but if he won't show it there's no way to guess what he's got. My trust level of his claims is approximately zero until I see what he's got.

Aliens Have Visited Earth, Space Entrepreneur Robert Bigelow Believes

"Do you believe in aliens?" Logan asked. "I'm absolutely convinced and that's all there is to it," said Bigelow, founder and CEO of the commercial space company Bigelow Aerospace. "There has been and there is an existing presence, an E.T. presence."
Whether aliens have visited Earth or not I can't say, I don't know. I've never seen any scientifically valid evidence of that. What I can say is that I've seen lots of people like Bob Bigelow and Jesse Marcel who seem to base their beliefs on less than scientific criteria, and are not what I would call rational thinkers.

I've written some articles recently, about how 'priming the unconscious' is
an often used technique if you want someone to jump to unwarranted
conclusions. It's a common part of stage magic and traditional shamanism both.

I've well aware of most psychological factors when it comes to unusual
experiences; I'm not talking about those; I always strive to filter those
factors out when I research something.
It's unclear to me how you filter those factors out in this context:

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Say what you want about Bigelow, but he also referenced the 'two
people standing shoulder to shoulder' and one person sees zero,
and the others sees some absolutely astonishing phenomenon,
sometimes at extreme close range; where simple misperception
is very unlikely to be the explanation.

There's a real clue there... what that clue is, is rather hard to say.
I just posted an article saying 10-15% of the population has hallucinations, so if you prime the skinwalter "test subjects" I don't expect 100% of them to have hallucinations, that would be inconsistent with the available research. So of course with two "primed" human guinea pig test subjects standing "standing shoulder to shoulder', and "one person sees zero" while the adjacent person sees a hallucination they've been primed to see is not so unexpected, it's sort of what I'd expect.

In a case like my BTUFO case, I can tell you that very nearly NOTHING
that I expected (and had primed myself with on some level) happened
as I expected as it would. It could hardly be fantasy wish fulfillment,
when my 'fantasy' never occurred. Frankly all of my life's 'supranormal
seeming experiences/experiments have followed that script. I've never
found even ONE happy self-delusion.. all of them have been rather brutal
for the most part; not entirely, but generally brutal, pointing me in directions
that I had never wanted to go.
I don't really know enough about your personal experiences to comment intelligently on them.

I'm talking about skinwalker ranch, where I don't see it as that anomalous that if you hire people to write down the strange things they see, thus priming them to see strange things, if two of them stand shoulder to shoulder and one sees zero and the other sees a hallucination, I don't find that inconsistent with data showing that 10-15% of the non-clinical population can experience hallucinations.

originally posted by: Erno86
"At this place (Calvert Cliffs), you get a sense of the immensity of time and the constancy of change."

quote: Robert M. Hazen
I took a course taught by Robert Hazen and I found him to be an absolutely brilliant man, so I'm a fan of his.

Anywhere you can see millions of years of sedimentary rock layers is fascinating to me. The Grand Canyon is such a place I've been to, but I've never been to Calvert Cliffs or found any giant shark teeth like the one he is holding in that video, that tooth is enormous!

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Frankly, SWR is too poorly documented, and too small a sample size
to draw any robust conclusions. I cannot but agree that confirmation bias
would have been nearly impossible to eliminate in that specific scenario.

Of course, there are those who say, that the actual test, was to 'prime the guards'
to have experiences, even though there was nothing unusual there in the first place,
other than black mold and other contaminants.

Insofar as SWR itself, I have to withhold judgment, as I have not visited it.

edit on 25-1-2021 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Geez guys, you can autopsy a subject to death sometimes.

When two people stand shoulder to shoulder . . . .

Why is it surprising to anyone that only one person in a group can see the UFO/alien/fairy/little-dead-girl-who-wants-to-play?

Why would the UFO/alien/fairy/little-dead-girl-who-wants-to-play be interested in engaging with everyone?

An analogy: The invisible girl walks into her boyfriend's workplace and punches him in the face (she saw him playing around behind her back). No one saw anything except someone falls face down on his desk with a nosebleed and a stunned look on his face.

The invisible girl was not going to punch everyone in the room, there was only one person she was interested in.

It is the same principal with abductions, apparitions and other things that go bump in the night.

I'll go away now and play with the little dead girl.

edit on 26-1-2021 by NobodySpecial268 because: typos and clarity

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am not sure Bigelow is the man to lead any 'research' in these fields. Given his shady past I take everything he says with a huge mine of salt.

• How did he remain shielded from the reach of the mob in 60s, 70s and 80s Las Vegas to make his billions from nothing?

• Did he really keep his ambitions to a run a space hardware company from even his wife until he formed it in 1999? Or is there something shady to that as well?

• Why did he purchase Skinwallker Ranch? The place was no spookier than any other place in the world for nearly a hundred years? Honestly check it out. Sure there are stories from Utah but despite the claims, you will find NO stories on the ranch itself before the Sherman myths leaked in the mid-90s.

• Why was he really handed the AAWSAP contract?

• What standards of scientific rigour and research does he expect of the people he employs?

Bobby doesn't publish anything. He just tells stories and Knapp turns into a doting puppy dog as his journalistic skills desert him.

Then we come to reviews of his company by employees : Link

How did this guy get so rich so easily?

I think his interviewer knows the answer

edit on 26/1/2021 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

When I talk to someone with a background in science, I speak in terms
of their preconceived biases.

When I talk to someone with a 'mystical background', I use the terms
of their preconceived biases.

As some philosophers say, science and non-rational thought systems
are in different major domains.

And of course, this is a major issue.. it's at the entire root of what's
wrong with our civilization.

Neither side wishes to to learn much from the other side.

But soon enough, humans will be chipped, and the creative
flowering of the human mind will be suppressed forever and
we won't be able to have conversations like this.

Kev

edit on 26-1-2021 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It's not unusual for a wealthy man to order people around to fulfill his or her
personal ambitions. If that person is not themselves a scientist, one would not
expect for them to manage scientists all that well, and if they don't deliver
the desired results, then the next thing on the list their personal desires
lead them to, would then be pursued.

I do agree with you on SWR. Apparently some off comments about 'UFOs' having
been seen around there may have led to the purchase. But 'infuriatingly' once
the ranch was purchased, there really weren't any 'UFO sightings'.

One would think that if 'UFOs' were the image primed in people's minds for the
ranch, then people would have seen 'UFOs'. But according to the statements
made by various people who worked there, there really weren't any.

That actually throws the whole bias/priming thing out the window, except for
a general sense that people expected to see something weird.

Whatever else it was, SWR was 'stage dressing'. Whether Mr. Bigelow and his
scientists knew this or not, I am not certain.

But in any case, it didn't seem to meet his expectations, since he sold it.

Frankly, any poor area, with much suffering and death, near Native Americans
would have served just as well as SWR. (MUFON Omega study).

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Frankly, any poor area, with much suffering and death, near Native Americans would have served just as well as SWR. (MUFON Omega study).

Yup, sadly true.

- - - - - -

I wasn't having a poke at you Kev. More so the premise raised by Arbitrageur a few posts above.

Perhaps I was just taking the middle ground and (perhaps irreverently) pointing out the obvious that not everything needs to be a hallucination simply because not everyone witnessed the phenomenon. You're right; it is sad that " . . . . the creative flowering of the human mind will be suppressed forever".

In a way, "hallucination" has become the new "swamp gas".

To paraphrase ol' Sigmund Freud; Sometimes a UFO is just a UFO.

edit on 26-1-2021 by NobodySpecial268 because: accuracy

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

I largely agree with your points.

In private, with other researchers who are not limited by preconceived notions
either about science or 'mysticism', I can have 'real conversations' without
catering to someone's insecurities.

But I find it important, to demonstrate that just because someone is researching
'fringe topics', that does not make one incapable of being completely rational.

In 'yoga' the goal is to strengthen all aspects of the mind, not just the 'westernized'
part of it.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

In 'yoga' the goal is to strengthen all aspects of the mind, not just the 'westernized' part of it.

Yup, good advice. I remember my wife saying years ago: perception is using the whole body.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join