It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Told to Make Arrests Even if There’s No Crime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would have used peace instead of peas if I knew I was getting fact-checked on my sarcasm.

Who do the police work under in Chicago? I'd be happy to shift blame from Lightfoot to her band of merry councilpersons.

Everybody was doing it. I was just trying to be cool and fit in

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Usually they are economic profiles or geographic ones vs what kind of person you look like...I may know a thing or 2 about that.

(post by Snarl removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Always making excuses for why you won’t do it.

Chuckle

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

A stunning riposte and one well worth the loss of server space it takes up.

But at least it’s not the usual whining about being too old to do anything yourself. Chuckle.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
When I read the title, Valdosta Georgia came to mind. For years Valdosta, which straddles the very busy I-75 corridor, has been the joke of the South as a speed trap town. The joke is if you are one of the unlucky ones that get pulled over, a big deputy will come up to your car and size you up like a ripe pigeon. Eventually he will get around to the inevitable punch line, “ How much money have you got boy?” I didn’t believe it until it happened to me.

In 96 my wife and I were headed home from a typical Florida vacation. I was driving a shiny new Grand Cherokee and pulling my boat, a patrol car came across the medium and chased me down in traffic, risking several live, and all he could come up with was that one was one of us was asleep and didn’t have a seatbelt on. He must of had X-ray vision.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Once you're tagged, you're done. Regardless of race. Hell, I got pulled over because the cop wanted to know "why the hell I was in his town." I grew up there, lived there, and worked there, despite my 15 year absence.

No charges were brought.

Another time I was arrested for "someone reported swerving within my lane" and I "looked nervous." All charges were dropped...

Lawyer up, folks.

ETA: Thank god I worked as a janitor in a law firm for nearly 5 years as a kid.
edit on 21-1-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not racist, I'm just observant.

I live in the ghetto, all these "anti-racists" can talk to me when they get stopped by a woman as they're walking mid-morning to the corner store, and she's bleeding profusely from her head where she was just pistol-whipped a block from their own home. Yes, that happened and yes, I have many many, MANY more stories of the nightmare living in a "vibrant, diverse" area is.

Cops go where crime is. and when 13/50 stops being reality we can discuss the notion of "profiling."

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Gotta love all the experts that don't know how Chicago government operates 😎

Of course The Mayor "Knows" as do all the high rankers in the City Gov😎

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I'm sure there's no racial profiling involved in making these arrests.

As a "hypothetical", how would they use racial profiling in an all Black neighborhood for example ? 😎

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm disappointed Phage. When I read the headline and the OPs post, all I could think of was "corrupt cops and local officials". That is, I assumed that anyone, no matter their color or status, was being targeted. It seems you first thought was this is a racial issue. The problem with that is when you make it racial, you're really putting people into their respective categories. That's a behavior that needs to stop else there will never be equality among the races.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yeah. No problem.
Except for those who are detained or arrested simply because they are black.

You say this, but is it true? Is there nothing else that may drive that action other than color? Can't be a lot of gang, drugs, crime, people without jobs with a lot of dysfunctional idle time to get into mischief in an area that is very low income? Are we confusing what might actually cause profiling as many low income areas have a heavy Black population? If it is systemic racism then why not the same numbers with other minorities? Why don't statistics show any of this?

What color is a "dirt bag" as that is what many cops in these areas see all the time in their view. Is it right? nope, is it reality yep as they daily maybe hourly are involved with some pretty bad people, and it really doesn't matter the color of the person as one "dirt bag" is the same as another to them no matter the color.

I remember few years back a Harvard law student who was black dressed up as a gang member and walked around an area I think in LA and was stopped by the cops while really doing nothing. It proved his point that they profiled him, but he suggested it was more to do with his color than his dress, I tend to disagree.

edit on 21-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Several years ago Pittsburgh had a Black City Councilwoman. She held a press conference, to call the Police racist because 80% of the arrests in her district were "people of color". A Police representative then reminded her that 90% of the people in her district WERE "people of color". She replied "I don't care. Arrest more White people." I wonder what happened to her? Oh wait! She's still in jail for mismanagement of City funds and fraud.

A friend of mine is a cop in a local municipality. During his training he was taught how to look for traffic and vehicle violations. What he was taught was in the morning set up for the vehicles coming in to the municipality, in the afternoon set up for vehicles leaving the municipality. The reasoning was that people who didn't live in the municipality would be coming in to work in the morning and leaving to go home in the afternoon. That way the odds were in their favor of not citing a resident of the municipality.

Is it "racial profiling" when your BOLO sheets, for your patrol area, list 30 suspects who just happen to be minorities and only 2 who are white and you're supposed to look for them?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray

I'm not racist, I'm just observant.

I live in the ghetto, all these "anti-racists" can talk to me when they get stopped by a woman as they're walking mid-morning to the corner store, and she's bleeding profusely from her head where she was just pistol-whipped a block from their own home. Yes, that happened and yes, I have many many, MANY more stories of the nightmare living in a "vibrant, diverse" area is.

Cops go where crime is. and when 13/50 stops being reality we can discuss the notion of "profiling."

I'll keep saying this...Cops mirror the society they work in. A harsh unforgiving society will produce cops that are the same. You are a young Black male in the area of Chicago where 20 murders on a weekend is the norm then hell yes you are being profiled as a young Black male, but it isn't a racist decision driving that profiling while I can also say it is not 100% correct to do.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I don’t disagree but we should be looking at WHO is setting these quotas, I can assure you it’s not the chief of police or the county sheriff. It’s always some city council/politician “administering” these quotas. And if it is, get rid of em!

Don’t get me started in that interdiction sh*t, that’s all garbage. Taking money or things solely because there’s a “possibility” it could be related to illegal things with 0 evidence. Makes my blood boil.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable2027

It was a cop.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

In my defense I said it wasn’t the chief of police or the sheriff as well as it’s Chicago so I dunno. It’s wrong either way and quotas in policing is terrible.

So if I’m corrected, I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

Michael Barz is not the Chief of Police, nor is he the Mayor. But he is the one who runs the policy. All he wants is more arrests. But I'm sure racial profiling won't be a factor in those arrests for his little "community safety team." Of course it won't.

READ AGAIN:

Quite aside from the fact that profiling for Black drivers from 1/4 mile away from police car radar positions when the target vehicle is going 70 mph is near impossible.

Think a little, just a little....

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz
Thinking...
So all of these arrests to meet the quota were of occupants of vehicles going 70 mph?
edit on 1/23/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join