It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just A Curious Question about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Regardig "Dubya": I obviously understand who that is. I personally picked up the habit a long time ago of calling him "The Bushman". But, that's irrelevant to my question.

I had assumed that "dubya", was spelled with an "m", sort of a play on the word "dumb", and the phoenetic sound of the letter "W". Which would make sense to spell it, "Dumbya". But I don't get the "Dubya". Are you dubbing him something other than dumb, but not saying?

Like I said, just a curious little question that I've been wondering about on and off for a while.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It's his self styled phoenetical "Texan" nickname for himself (from his middle initial) distinguishing him from Dad.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have to confess this one took me about a month to work out,

Dubya is used a lot in sites like this.

My problem was trying to be too clever!
I was reading it as doobya and trying to tie in a sarcastic play on saudi connection

Instead of just reading it phonetically dub-ya then it becomes obvious.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Senior = George Herbert Walker Bush

Junior = George Walker Bush = Dubya or Dubyuh

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So, do they refer to him as (I'm trying to be phonetic here) doobleh veh in Latin American coutries?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's his self styled phoenetical "Texan" nickname for himself (from his middle initial) distinguishing him from Dad.

Thanks, I never would have thought that he had thought that up himself. I understand it now, though. It wasn't started by anti-Bush people as an insult, like I had thought. He really did just want to distuinguish himself from his Dad.

I never would have figured that out on my own!

top topics

join