It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st preserved dinosaur butthole is 'perfect' and 'unique,' paleontologist says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I wonder if they can extract enough DNA to clone dinos...... umm my mouth hurts too much to laugh, but thanks I needed it..

Whos ready for real life Jurasic park????

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

"It's its own cloaca, shaped in its perfect, unique way," Vinther said.

So we've finally found the perfect butthole. LOL

Fascinating and funny at the same time. Good find!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'll bet it even had an opinion, and it probably stank too.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Really is this for real?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The only time ive thought about how dinosaurs poop is when i once recognized the problems a T Rex with its short arms would have using toilet paper.

I do wish the article would have used actual terms. "Butthole" really isnt a word worthy of publishing.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's a sign of the culture we live in.

It goes hand in hand with WAP being considered the best song of the year.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's a sign of the culture we live in.

It goes hand in hand with WAP being considered the best song of the year.

Well ultimately, it's your own mind, which is focused on "butthole" and imagining that, "It goes hand in hand with WAP."

You have quite the mixture of different body parts, in mind lol. butthole, hands, and WAP

Have fun, lol

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Don't we all love the smell in rectum in the morning? I guess it's just me.

Speaking of asses the political debate is a pain in mine, but back to the story, a lot could be learned from this, the smallest detail could provide further info on the animals diet, habits and general physiology.

It should be red hot news at the next proctology convention (if they even exist) but still interesting, I wonder, if a dinosaur ate chilli do they wake up a dinosoreass? This is a question we must ask.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As the OP actually points out though, the Cloaca isn't just a "butthole" but serves as an opening for urinary, digestive and reproductive functions in some animals:

In animal anatomy, a cloaca /kloʊˈeɪkə/ kloh-AY-kə (plural cloacae /kloʊˈeɪsi/ kloh-AY-see or /kloʊˈeɪki/ kloh-AY-kee) is the posterior orifice that serves as the only opening for the digestive, reproductive, and urinary tracts (if present) of many vertebrate animals. All amphibians, reptiles, birds, and a few mammals (monotremes, tenrecs, golden moles, and marsupial moles) have this orifice, from which they excrete both urine and feces; this is in contrast to most placental mammals, which have two or three separate orifices for evacuation. Excretory openings with analogous purpose in some invertebrates are also sometimes referred to as cloacae. Mating through the cloaca is known as cloacal copulation, commonly referred to as cloacal kiss.

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps this again shows the connection between birds and dinosaurs, although if humans evolved, it only figures that at some point we had ancestors with a similar orifice.

Incidentally, "Cloaca" was also a Roman goddess of the sewers.
Male citizens (despite watching countless documentaries on ancient Rome, I'm still in the dark on where the women and slaves did their "thingies", whatever they do, I'm still unsure, and like the History Channel I'd rather not know) would say a prayer and contribute to incense to the goddess for protection upon entry.

Despite being a hub of public debate and gossip, the communal male public toilets were far from safe.
Being attacked by rats (or in one documented case, an octopus) from below was a peril, as was the occasional explosion of methane gas from the sewers.
And for hygiene there was a communal sponge on a stick - getting "the wrong end of the stick" is thus still a metaphor in English for misunderstanding an argument.
Rome, where prayer-time wasn't just for supper-time.

edit on 23-1-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join