It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will a democrat president really mean for the US over the next four years?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Can you believe this?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am from the UK so this is a genuine question.

If we side step the anger and hatred for a while and steer clear of the China Joe, head sniffer routines what will it actually mean for the US based on history and precious democratic presidents?

I see a lot of doom and gloom and sensationalism here about the horrors that are supposedly coming bit would like some informed and factual based answers please.

Over here we have labour and conservative and neither of them have actually destroyed the country in a way that people feared they would just kind of messed it up a bit really.

Well, off the top of my head...

Canceling the keystone pipeline loses American jobs.

“Green” policies kill American jobs, increase dependence on foreign oil. Which means higher prices on gas.

Higher gas prices means higher prices on food.

Increasing the federal minimum wage means less jobs, plus inflation in areas where you can live in less than $15/hr. One of my buddies already had his hours cut because minimum wage raised on the 1st.

The only companies who can afford higher minimum wage are large corporations... and coincidentally, large corporations are the ones lobbying for high minimum wage to put their small-business competition out of business.

Biden said he was coming after semi-automatic guns... which is basically all guns classified as “self-defense” guns.

More illegal immigration means higher insurance premiums, both health insurance and car insurance.

Probably going to bring back the stupid Obamacare mandate, so that means either a $400 tax every year, or thousands of dollars paid out for health insurance every year.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Un-believable!!

It's like we've elected Max Headroom as president!

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Amazing. And yet were supposed to believe that biden got more votes then any president in history?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Total Chaos and PR boondoggles galore 🤣

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Can you believe this?

mobile.twitter.com...

Just another coincidence that's all 😃

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What has this got to done th my question?

Can you believe this?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

DC is lockdown thanks to your buddies that stormed the Capitol 2 weeks, this is a factor for of lack people.

However the primary reason is COVID restrictions. Unlike his predicesor, Biden actually cares about controlling new COVID infections than having large crowds to stroke his ego.

....but you probably think COVID is not serious.

This would be like taking a photo of a football game where the home team has no spectators because their city has COVID restrictions vs a picture of a stadium where there are fans allowed.

Using your logic, the Jacksonville Jaguars are much more popular than the Green Bay Packers because they have fans in the stands.
edit on 20-1-2021 by jrod because: Typ0s

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Gnawledge
It won't mean much but hopefully an end to the reality T.V. show of the last four years.

Higher taxes? Sure...maybe a happier populace too. Who knows?

Trump tax cuts didn't do jack for me. And that's all that he is praised for...so I hope for just sanity, normality. A governement that does it job and I needn't hear from a crisis everday.

So because Trump’s tax cuts really didn’t do anything for you, you are ok with higher taxes under Biden?
I think you would cut off your nose to spite your face.
Dumb.

My meaning, you missed, was that tax cuts meant sh!t to me.

Dumb me. I guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

DC is lockdown thanks to your buddies that stormed the Capitol 2 weeks, this is a factor for of lack people.

However the primary reason is COVID restrictions. Unlike his predicesor, Biden actually cares about controlling new COVID infections than having large crowds to stroke his ego.

....but you probably think COVID is not serious.

This would be like taking a photo of a football game where the home team has no spectators because their city has COVID restrictions vs a picture of a stadium where there are fans allowed.

Using your logic, the Jacksonville Jaguars are much more popular than the Green Bay Packers because they have fans in the stands.

Joe couldn't fill a high school auditorium even before the lockdowns were in effect.

Personally, I think it is awfully convenient no one is there as people would then start asking how he supposedly got 80 million votes. No one... I mean no one believes Biden was more popular than Obama or Trump for that matter. You can try to rationalize it all you want, but you know deep down Biden getting that many votes is fishy.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

In UK terms, think of someone between Cameron and Blair.

Plenty of liberal intentions, plenty of vested interests.

Likely to be just as crap too.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Can you believe this?

mobile.twitter.com...

Yup, but it still surprises me that people post random mediocre Twitter posts like they carry some wisdom or authority.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Higher Taxes
Expensive health insurance and penalties for not enrolling in their bull#
Free health insurance for illegals
Inflation
The end of our energy independence
Green new deal bull#
Complicit media
Open borders
illegals first
handouts for lazy people
bailouts for irresponsible states
censorship by social media and praised by all the blind idiots
Frivolous lawsuits for any perceived social justice bull#
Supreme court packing
Removing of sitting supreme court justices
Changing of voting rules to benefit cheaters
The decline of our society as a whole

Did I miss something?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What can we expect?

Well now, since my predictions generally don't pan out too well...and those that do, I generally wish they hadn't, I'll give it a whack.

I suspect that the southern border will remain open, or even more so. Amnesty for illegal immigrants will be on the agenda. Which is a slap in the face for those who did, and do, it the right way--legally.

I suspect that around two years in, Biden will step down do to "health" concerns, and Harris will become President--enabling her to run twice for a possible ten years in office--Heaven forbid.

I suspect that some members of the House will get way, way, way too big for their metaphorical pants and get slapped down by the House leadership--how much Biden will have to do with that remains to be seen.

I suspect that there will be a movement in the House and/or Senate to further restrict our Second Amendment rights.

I suspect that payback is on the agenda, as well. Daring to be critical of the "leadership" in power now may be hazardous to ones continued ability to use social media. Oh, wait, that's already happening...

Taxes will go up. WooFlu restrictions will tighten, further eroding an already shaky economy. Gas prices will go up, here in sort of rural Alabama the prices have already risen a dime plus since Friday last. Can you say 4.00 dollar a gallon prices in spots, again? I can. The housing market will crash, when foreclosures begin--as they have to, at some point. People are going to lose their homes, whether they live in 'em, or rent 'em out. It's going to get ugly.

Orrrrrr...

It'll all be sunshine, and daisies. Actually, I'd prefer that it was.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Same thing a republican one does, continual colonialism, Hyper-Capitalism, Industrial/Techno-Industrial-hyper civilization, the continual destruction of Nature, hyper patriotism

all the same

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
What has this got to done th my question?

Can you believe this?

mobile.twitter.com...

That's what CWM does, tries to derail topics with Twitter links.

I think he's suffering the most from TWS.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

F R E E

S H I T

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod
You aught to be on a comedian show. Covid? Covid? how many troops? 25000? All intermingling with no masks on, no distancing? Give me a break.
As for what happened last week, how many in the capitol? 100, 500??? don't you think 25000 is a bit overkill?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join