It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Mr. President.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The bill passed, but the bill only grants the power for a federal judge to sign the order, it doesn't put the tube back in, the judge has to sign off on it... We'll likely know today.

A hearing is scheduled for 3pm today Eastern time. If the request for the order to reinsert the tube isn't granted, then an appeal could be filed with the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta followed by the Supreme Court.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Gazrok,

Thanks for that bit of information we need to start concentration on how this bill is going to hit all of us, so we have to keep the issue going with the laws involve.

After all when the congress and the president gets involve in an issue that has nothing to do with "national security" it really have to be something bigger in the making.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The bill passed, but the bill only grants the power for a federal judge to sign the order, it doesn't put the tube back in, the judge has to sign off on it... We'll likely know today.

I'm assuming that if this is done, Mr. Schiavo's attourneys will then try to have the bill struck down as unconstitutional (which it clearly is), however, the president and his cohorts in Congress will no doubt delay that forever, thus keeping this dangerous legislation active.

Beyond just the surface appeal to pro-life extremists and framing of Democrats as "obstructionists" to life, I'm seeing this more and more as an effort to to rally a popular "no confidence" in the judicial system.

The GOP knows full well it's acting unconstitutionally and probably wants a fight to get the people (the stupid ones) against "checks and balances" altogether.

We need more obstructionists to legislative tryanny, not less.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I'm seeing this more and more as an effort to to rally a popular "no confidence" in the judicial system.

The GOP knows full well it's acting unconstitutionally and probably wants a fight to get the people (the stupid ones) against "checks and balances" altogether.

We need more obstructionists to legislative tryanny, not less.

Where, oh where are the cries against the dangers of judicial activism now? We have heard this Congress mitch and boan about this issue for years now and here they actually pass a law that encourages such activism and federal interference. Personally, I think Congress has underestimated the federal courts, yet again and this going to backfire on them. Hopefully this hearing today will put an end to this once and for all and the Judge will admonish the Congress for its attempt to circumvent recognized jurisprudence and States rights.

B.

[edit on 3/21/05 by Bleys]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Hopefully this hearing today will put an end to this once and for all and the Judge will admonish the Congress for its attempt to circumvent recognized jurisprudence and States rights.

B.

I sure hope so Bleys, I sure hope so, this becoming damaging to all of us, and a wall should be raise between the power of the local judge and the states rights and the federal government, I feel that some want to damage the balance that has keep our country fair for so long.

Just for the benefit of the few.

What is saddens me the most if how people are being manipulated into believing that is all for the good of a poor woman in Florida when is much more and bigger than most will care to imagine.

I will be waiting to see what happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Terri Schiavo and steroids in baseball. That's what we elected those jerks for? The democrats won't touch it; to win would be political suicide. The republicans are using it for the sympathy vote.

And there are those who want to starve her to death. How humane is that? Cruel and inhumane is what it is. Imagine the outcry there would be for not giving our imprisoned terrorists food or water for even one day. Yet to do it to this woman is somehow OK?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by jsobecky

Don't you see that it is better to put the decision-making power back in the right hands, and take it out of the government's hands?

Uh, yes. Isn't that what I've argued consistently in this Shiavo circus?

Bush does one thing as governor, you criticize. He does the opposite as president, you criticize. I didn't see any consistency.

No matter. My previous response ^ is all I have to say on this anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And there are those who want to starve her to death. How humane is that? Cruel and inhumane is what it is.

The woman is brain-dead for gods sake. I know this sounds harsh, but you cant be cruel to someone without thoughts or feelings. Its just a body.

Pro life supporting bush? What a contradiction is that? A 100 000 dead civilians dead in Iraq and counting, and the American christians are fighting for the life of a vegetable...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join