It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent Advice For 2021 - Wear Sunscreen

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I absolutely love this song and it’s been around for a while. The advice is good for everyone. Take a minute out of your day for a wee bit of wisdom. It’s totally worth it IMHO. Now is as good a time as any. Enjoy!

I used a video with the lyrics included so it would be easier to understand what he is saying. Good advice never goes out is style.

edit on 1/19/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We were just talking about this (and some others classics) on the Discord server yesterday or the day before.

Great song, always excellent advice.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A well equipped video; with a very LOUD message!

Thanks, Kang; (been a while btw) I guess, if I picked one, to study,

thanks, for a well needed message for all man/womankind!!

rL
edit on 19-1-2021 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

We were just talking about this (and some others classics) on the Discord server yesterday or the day before.

Great song, always excellent advice.

Thanks! I need to figure out the whole discord thing. Especially if something happens here. I’ve never peeked in long enough to get the feel for it. I’m too old for change!!

originally posted by: ReadLeader
A well equipped video; with a very LOUD message!

Thanks, Kang; (been a while btw) I guess, if I picked one, to study,

thanks, for a well needed message for all man/womankind!!

rL

It has been a while and you are more than welcome. We need some positive stuff around after the year we’ve all had!!

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yeah sunscreens are safe.....NOT

www.ewg.org...

When the FDA began to consider sunscreen safety, it grandfathered in active ingredients from the late 1970s without reviewing the evidence of their potential hazards. In February 2019, the agency released its final draft sunscreens monograph, which contains insufficient health and safety data to designate 12 of the 16 sunscreen filters allowed for use in the U.S. as “generally recognized as safe and effective,” or GRASE. These 12 ingredients include some of the most commonly used UV filters, including oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate and avobenzone.

According to the agency, “nearly all of these sunscreen active ingredients … have limited or no data characterizing their absorption.” In 2019 and 2020, FDA published two studies showing that the ingredients oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate and avobenzone are all systemically absorbed into the body after a single use (Matta 2019, Matta 2020). The FDA also found that the sunscreen ingredients could be detected on the skin and in blood weeks after application ended (Matta 2020).

www.webmd.com...

The agency has been urging the companies that make sunscreens to do more safety studies of their products, but “for various reasons, it just never happened,” Shinkai says.

Finally, the FDA, which has a small research division, decided to take on the question of body absorption of sunscreen ingredients.

Last year, the agency dropped a bit of a bombshell after that testing revealed that four of the most common UV filters in chemical sunscreens -- avobenzone, oxybenzone, octocrylene, and ecamsule -- are absorbed by the body in substantial amounts, and can stay there for days, something that wasn’t well-known before.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah sunscreens are safe.....NOT

www.ewg.org...

When the FDA began to consider sunscreen safety, it grandfathered in active ingredients from the late 1970s without reviewing the evidence of their potential hazards. In February 2019, the agency released its final draft sunscreens monograph, which contains insufficient health and safety data to designate 12 of the 16 sunscreen filters allowed for use in the U.S. as “generally recognized as safe and effective,” or GRASE. These 12 ingredients include some of the most commonly used UV filters, including oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate and avobenzone.

According to the agency, “nearly all of these sunscreen active ingredients … have limited or no data characterizing their absorption.” In 2019 and 2020, FDA published two studies showing that the ingredients oxybenzone, octinoxate, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate and avobenzone are all systemically absorbed into the body after a single use (Matta 2019, Matta 2020). The FDA also found that the sunscreen ingredients could be detected on the skin and in blood weeks after application ended (Matta 2020).

www.webmd.com...

The agency has been urging the companies that make sunscreens to do more safety studies of their products, but “for various reasons, it just never happened,” Shinkai says.

Finally, the FDA, which has a small research division, decided to take on the question of body absorption of sunscreen ingredients.

Last year, the agency dropped a bit of a bombshell after that testing revealed that four of the most common UV filters in chemical sunscreens -- avobenzone, oxybenzone, octocrylene, and ecamsule -- are absorbed by the body in substantial amounts, and can stay there for days, something that wasn’t well-known before.

Seriously??? It’s a music video. Not a corona commercial. I would ask if you watched it but the answer is pretty clear. It wasn’t about sunscreen.

edit on 1/19/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks for this Kanga

Smooth Sage Advice

Will share

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Should be required listening in schools.

Thanks, kanga!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There is lots of good advice on the video, but wearing sunscreen is not one of them. That stuff is not good for anyone if used on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

LOL. Your thread title threw me for a loop. Wow, wish I gotta a dose of that kind of wisdom when I graduated. Surprised it hasn't been censored.🙄

Good stuff, thanks for the share!

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You titled it as advice. What am I missing?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This is when rap was meaningful, eh?

top topics

join