It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC National Guard chief says "Peaceful transition to military power"!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In a national television interview, acting DC National Guard Chief, Major General W. Walker was discussing the guardsman's general preparedness for tomorrows activities in the capital. The interview is quite short but when asked if he had the resources he needed he then replied he believed he had everything needed for a peaceful transition to military power.

Say what you will about this, who knows but it seemingly is a very strange assortment of words to specifically say. Combine that with the reported fact of just about 3,500 of the 25,000 National Guard troops being deputized as U.S. Marshals and if one happened to be conspiracy minded you may start to think things are getting a little spicy!

Link to the interview of Major General W. Walker HERE

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

It's incredibly strange, and sad, that this is our first real non-peaceful transition of power.

It really sucks.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Peaceful in what sense?

Peaceful transition as government bodies exchange administrations?

Or peaceful from overwhelming suppression?

Edit: In my short 29 years, I've never seen a transition like this, with so many active military units on Capitol or national soil.

Or maybe its peaceful like those protests from last summer?
edit on 1/19/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The entire dialog since Nov 3rd has been scripted for a purpose 😃

The "Patterns" are obvious 😃

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

It's incredibly strange, and sad, that this is our first real non-peaceful transition of power.

It really sucks.

Quite right, it is and very true. Seems a lifetime ago we had "milk toast" inaugurations with puffy dresses and dapper suits and now we have 25k armed troops that have been given authority to use lethal force. It speaks volumes about where our country is headed if we don't course correct because rhetoric on both sides only seems to be escalating.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think a biden *cough* Harris *cough* whitehouse would be a nightmare, but I think a military coup would be even worse, how do you stop that trend once it starts...

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. From at least Bush Sr up until possibly 2016, the military was essentially in.control of the US government. They had full power to wage war anywhere in the world for whatever reason they made up, starting around 2002, they began asserting their control over the American people.

The thing about the american government is, it's not just one big cohesive government. The different departments and branches have their own individual goals and interests that often times conflict with eachother and each one is constantly vying for power over the others.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hahaha at all the propaganda that this somehow isn't a peaceful transition of power.

Same people who still believe there was Russia "collusion".

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I think a biden *cough* Harris *cough* whitehouse would be a nightmare, but I think a military coup would be even worse, how do you stop that trend once it starts...

I would expect if that were too happen it wouldn't be a military coup per say, it would be a direct result of Trump signing martial law into effect or by way of either the Insurrection Act or because of the report from the DNI siting foreign interference in the 2020 election.

How likely is this? Hell, I don't know but either way, if it was any of those scenarios, it would be a temporary transition and would return to whoever rightful should have it when there job was done.

link   

originally posted by: Helious
In a national television interview, acting DC National Guard Chief, Major General W. Walker was discussing the guardsman's general preparedness for tomorrows activities in the capital. The interview is quite short but when asked if he had the resources he needed he then replied he believed he had everything needed for a peaceful transition to military power.

He said a peaceful transition OF military power not a peaceful transition TO military power.

The US military is under civilian control, where the POTUS is the commander in chief. He was simply saying that on noon, Wednesday, the military will stop taking orders from Donald Trump as the POTUS and start taking orders from Joe Biden as POTUS.

Not that difficult to comprehend.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Peaceful in what sense?

Peaceful transition as government bodies exchange administrations?

Or peaceful from overwhelming suppression?

Edit: In my short 29 years, I've never seen a transition like this, with so many active military units on Capitol or national soil.

Or maybe its peaceful like those protests from last summer?

When the progressive left turned up the heat and unleashed a wave or irrational, uncontrolled violence over the summer, nothing but this could be the outcome. They have engendered an atmosphere that is devoid of respect, trust, calm, dialog. It's not that right does not want respectful, trusting, calm, or dialog; the problem is that the progressive left has shown itself to be unwilling and perhaps even incapable of such.

Maybe the right's biggest weakness is a desire to continue with a mentality of respect, trust, calm and dialog. The conundrum is that if the right reacts in kind, they become like the left. If they do not react in kind, the violence and unpredictability of the left overwhelms.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Fair enough, I'm not sure that is what it means but i'm open to any possibility currently. I believe anyone's idea as to what he means is as valid as mine because I admittedly have no idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nothing screams most popular POTUS-elect ever like an army to guarantee he gets sworn in!

Like just about everything in the last four years, the army's presence is mere theatre.
edit on 19-1-2021 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It really sucks.

It must really suck to be that wrapped up in a lie. Look at the DC traffic cameras, there is no violence anywhere to be seen on the eve of the very transfer you're talking about. Anywhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

It really sucks.

Quite right, it is and very true. Seems a lifetime ago we had "milk toast" inaugurations with puffy dresses and dapper suits and now we have 25k armed troops that have been given authority to use lethal force. It speaks volumes about where our country is headed if we don't course correct because rhetoric on both sides only seems to be escalating.

Agreed. Our country is in peril.

I like the flags on the mall. It's a big statement. You?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Truth.

Be very careful about allowing a military too much power, and access...

They've a habit of deciding they should rule.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Legitimate elections would be a start.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

It really sucks.

It must really suck to be that wrapped up in a lie. Look at the DC traffic cameras, there is no violence anywhere to be seen on the eve of the very transfer you're talking about. Anywhere.

What lie? There are 25k national guard troops in DC. It's a militarized zone. For an inauguration...That's not normal, fyi.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Hate to break this to you, but every single Inauguration has had a military presence in and around it.

Just because you don't see 'em, doesn't mean they weren't/aren't there.

Given the events of the past few months, or even the past year or so, there's reason to be cautious. There are morons out there who would attempt to, shall we say, "disrupt" an event of this magnitude.

I'm no fan of Biden/Harris, but this transfer needs to be peaceful.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

It really sucks.

What lie? There are 25k national guard troops in DC. It's a militarized zone. For an inauguration...That's not normal, fyi.

Not normal? For sure. But where is all this violence you're talking about? Nowhere. Well, except for the BLM riot in NY yesterday was it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join