It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tattoo ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
hello everyone, i am thinking about getting my first tattoo soon, and thought what better place to get ideas then ats, i was thinking of getting the saying one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter with some pictures of the globe or perhaps some ak47s, if you have a saying idea id like to hear it.

perhaps you have a tattoo id love to see it , it might give me ideas.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

As someone with multiple tattoos who just did a laser removal session this weekend for one of them, my advice would be think hard before you do. Honestly if you're not 100% certain of EXACTLY what you want and why you want it for the rest of your life, don't.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sailor Jerry style...Picture of a heart saying "Mother I love you"

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
None is best in my view.

Adding this in case anyone is interested as a thinking point even though the purpose has changed.

LEVITICUS 19:28

You must not cut your body for the dead [C a pagan sign of mourning; Deut. 14:1; Jer. 16:6; 41:5] or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.
GNV

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Don't. There's my best advice.....unless you have a really cool story behind it. I do and thank you very much for the reminder.
New thread incoming !

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Why not use your ATS avatar?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Be a real rebel.
Don't get one.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Why not use your ATS avatar?

Brilliant. I also vote for your avatar!
edit on 1/18/2021 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If you can’t decide what you want then that’s probably a big hint that you’re not ready.

My brother in law has a nasty tat that says “unity” that he and several friends got on their arms.
He doesn’t even talk to those guys anymore.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Advice.
Spend the damn money! A good tattoo by a great artist ISN'T cheap!! You will definitely regret a crappy one.

Travel if you have to for the best artist.

This piece of artwork will be with you the rest of your life, so take your time in deciding.

Research different high class artists. A great artist means squat if the shop they work out of is a pigsty.

Lastly take care of the damn thing!! Keep it covered, keep the ointment on it an don't ruin the Tattoo with sloppy aftercare.

Grumbling....nothing worse than seeing someone with faded sleeve Tattoo's, thick bleeding lines an color that wasn't laid in dark enough to last. BTW to get a decent Tat it's gonna be painful. It's also gonna take hours with a needle.
Suck it up.

Had a couple of great ones done 38yrs ago. They are positioned intentionally to remain under my normal clothes. They are my business not the worlds. The colors are vibrant an it's hard to believe they're that old. My larger one took 18hrs.
Frankly I'm worth it.

If you aren't thinking this way, you aren't ready for one. BTW the new inks they've come out with an the 3D tat's are fabulous!

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If you don't know what you want....Perhap a very ornate Question mark....??????

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
All my tattoos have deep meaning to me
And I love them all.
Please think long and hard over the design or idea
Before committing to it.
Also, research the tattoo artist and their work.
I am ready for new ink myself

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

i have a tattoo of jesus on a crucifix on my left arm a eagle on my back and i spider on my shoulder the first 2 i had done on a ship on its way to the far east the last one i had done in hong kong over 50 years ago i was pissed for all 3 so not sure why i picked them but still like them even now so enjoy

edit on 18-1-2021 by Steveogold because: spelling mistake

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I can't handle pain so I'd never get a tattoo but if I did, it would be two sleeves worth, the history of my Rock N Roll identity.

Starting on the left shoulder, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Queen, Rush, Kansas, Iron Maiden(GOTTA have Eddie there), Queensryche(back when they were good, my they fell hard), Fates Warning, Helloween, Metallica(ANOTHER band that lost the plot but the first four, especially ...AJFA did some serious ass kicking), Dream Theater(they also fell really hard), Spock's Beard.....and gotta have the Monty Python foot in there somewhere.

I think I'm running out of room with just two arms. But man, the colors would be awesome. I got the idea from Chris Jericho's tats and while not quite original it would do just fine if I were to do it. I'd also have to throw in the BAM idea...Beautiful Aggressive Music. A sweet rose with a music staff wrapped around it with the stem dripping blood.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Bruny Cavey, awesome idea, considered it myself

new topics

top topics

join